Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Great thread, Terry. I've got to admit that I was someone who didn't care much for the Transformers movies and by extension Michael Bay. I didn't look deep at them and all I saw was the merchandising and the effect it had on movies that came after it.

I think what makes this threads and threads like it work so well is that instead of kicking around someone everyone dislikes (like the Slevin thread) its something that makes a compelling case FOR a movie people decided not to like. When I saw the first 2 Transformers I didn't really like them but mainly because of how uncomfortable they made me feel. The brutality stood out right away as until these movies the transformers fought in some kind of bizarrely deathless war where people shot at each other but rarely got hurt (with the exception of the animated Transformers movie). That violence was seperated by what felt like extended periods where Bay was holding up his middle finger firmly in the audiences face. This thread helped it all make more sense and from now on I won't just blindly poo poo on the movies.

I really want to see more threads like this because try as I might I have a really hard time reading movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Party Boat posted:

The cover of Empire shows off a new look Optimus.

Maybe this thread has coloured my views, but he doesn't look heroic at all - he looks like loving Sauron. If I didn't know any better if think he was the film's villain.

Wow that sword. Also did Labouf give up?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

That would certainly fit the age group that would wear an "84" t-shirt.

Here's the face of Hound:

The toys have also confirmed that the Freightliner truck is Galvatron, the silver robot in the Superbowl trailer.

He looks like that bearded PMC from Iraq or Afghanistan.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I love that scene where a car punches one of the human bad guys in the face with its wheel. I don't think it's even a Transformer car, just the one Wahlerg is driving.

Looks like every Autobot has a Dinobot ride. Crosshairs have Scorn, but I don't think Hound is going to be riding Slash. Maybe that sauropod or stegosaur Dinobot will be in the movie after all.

Sludge and Slag never get any love!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did Terry ever do a write up on 4 and 5?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bumblebee will be X rated and directed by Ralph bakshi

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm horrified beyond words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It cannot be overstated how loving weird Beast Machines was.