Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Is there anyway someone can upload the first thread somewhere? I don't have archives, but that thread was amazing, and I have some friends I want to send it to, but sending a forum link isn't appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Terry please go to opening night, so you can get to work on it. I'm making a coffee table book out of the pdf, and the 4th is maikng me hold off, because it looks like it's going to be a cherry on top.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was there a finalized PDF linked somewhere?

I'm gussying up the one linked in the op, but now I'm gonna wait til Michael Bay is done with the franchise, then I'm going to send him a copy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lord Krangdar posted:

One link to the PDF has 25,828 views. Another has 463 views. So yeah, pretty good.
I made that link for my film analysis teacher, was not expecting it to blow up like that. And it's at 25, 854 thank you very much.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lord Krangdar posted:

This phrase makes me sad.

If you turn off your brain you will fall asleep. I had to do thought exercises during the second act. On the other hand, this is probably Bay's best looking movie. The scale was fantastic, especially on the Moonraker stuff, the bluray will be worth it for that alone. But as soon as the actual lines of dialog start, woah boy, buckle up. The movie starts with the literal worst voice work in Sir Hopkins career, not that the script tries in the least to be anything other than a handful of tropes tied together by smash cuts. At one point during character intros, the main lady starts giving a speech about how cynical the world is, and there's no hope left unless you believe in yourself and I'm like, isn't she just a tour guide?

The end just kind of happens. Prime and his posse's arcs make no sense, and there's a full on Martha moment. Megatron looks loving rad as poo poo, but is given nothing to do, and then loses because his name is Megatron. The decepticons in general have big attitudes and decent ideas, though the Bay cybertronian aesthetic kind of let's them down.

During the last barrage of fight scenes, when MarkyMark leads the crew to fight, see if you can spot who they're shooting at, and where exactly are these mg placements they're dodging(SPOILER: there's nothing there).I expect a domestic box office drop, though overseas translations may save it. It's the worst of all of the movies, and the only truly good thing about this movie is the knowledge that some day, maybe soon, Jason Mantzoukas will make a joke about the main lady being shown to be capable because of how well she slaps balls around.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 25, 2017

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Idahoant posted:

I think maybe people are just burned out on the Transformers movies, you can only sit through so many overlong, deafening, muddled films before you start to just dread them.

Did you see this movie? I love bad movies, and enjoy the other four transformers for what they are mainly because of this thread, but the last Knight is aggressively bad. Like if you think it's just stagnation for why it's not doing as well, and you've seen the movie, I have to guess you have no actually gauge of quality when it comes to film. The last Knight is suicide squad level of nonsensical editing, which is ironic, because it's SS gathering scene is better than "Ayer's" lovely take.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

a cock shaped fruit posted:

The previous dude who said 'imagine transformers by spielberg' actually triggered a pang of sadness in my heart, because now I want something I will likely never have.

That is the first one, it's the Spielberg special of boy and his pet (alien). It's got beautiful transformations, a family at the "heart"of it, and some great production values. Spielberg's best work is about dudes revenge murdering people, so it's not far off.

Also, that primal toy makes me want to write a spec script about Optimus devolving Earth and humanity in some hosed up operation mining for energon.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

UmOk posted:

False. Revenge of the Fallen is.

Wrong, dark of the Moon. Invasion of Chicago hasn't been topped yet, though the "moonraker" in Knight is close.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

UmOk posted:

Which one had Robo-Moses leading people across the sea BACK to Egypt?

Are you talking about cloaked Megatron with the babies? Oh do you mean the flashback from the fallen? They both kind of run together. 3 is great just because it's the most marked improvemed in cinematography due to shooting in 3d.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 24, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wasn't there a bit of a trend in the 80s of the first movie in a series being more adult-oriented, but because they found a kid audience on video the sequels got a little more family friendly?

It's been a while since I've seen them, but something like the Police Academy films: Started with R, then the second was PG-13, then the third was PG? Beastmaster 1 was dark and creepy, and Beastmaster 2 was more a Sorbo Hercules-style adventure.

Aliens did this with newt, and had some sick rear end toys. The alien franchise always had toy commercials. https://youtu.be/qpYMfflioJE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

Holy gently caress! They finally did right by Starscream!

The Screamer is the best character in the setting by huge margin, largely thanks to the original voice actor with his hilariously weird voice. It makes me so happy to see him done properly!

That's a good change for sure. The most impressive part of the first Bay movie was the helicopter transformation at the very start. I'd like to see more of that.

Was about to check the teaser and saw this post. StarScream is my favorite, so hearing he's going to get some decent representation in this, on top of being in it to begin with, I'll just wait until I see it in theaters.