Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jamie Faith posted:

The Transformers movies are my favorite movies of all time. Thanks for reminding me I need to watch em all again! The last time I had a TF marathon was right before I saw Bumblebee a couple years ago.

EDIT: wow, just got thru reading OP's analysis and I completely disagree with most of the things they said (especially their interpretation of Optimus being the badguy) but I still appreciate someone taking the time to actually analyze these movies instead of just going "lol Michael Bay bad"
optimus prime is a ruthless killer who delights in the slaughter of his enemies then pays lip service afterwards to act like a good guy. He often kills completely subdued and helpless enemies he could simply capture instead, but that would be politically inconvenient for him, so faces must be taken

please watch better movies if the transformers live action movies are your favorites "of all time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would genuinely be interested in hearing you elaborate on why these movies are your favorite of all time, and why you disagree with the concept that movie optimus is not a good guy.

Without the cringey passive aggressiveness, please

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the most lukewarm mocking imaginable makes you do the "take my ball and go home" thing, huh.

I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

General Battuta posted:

You gotta admit that Optimus in these movies is, if nothing else, insanely American.
G1 optimus: idealized/idolized heroic father figure

Movie optimus: what your trumpist boomer dad fantasizes he is/would do to "the libs" if given a chance

Edit: letting millions of humans die to prove a point = "suffering builds character"

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 20, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ew

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love how optimus prime never transformed the same way twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gatts posted:

It’s pretty crap but then again it’s a kids thing so I guess.
the original transformers is pretty crap/for kids thing too

I haven't watched any of G1 since I was a kid, but that poo poo was g-o-o-f-y. like, I saw this shitpost animation recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB0BlIA-9y0&hd=1&t=32s

and was like "heh that's a pretty funny little animation cobbling together an altercation with a bunch of decepticons's voice lines" but then saw the original and no that's a reanimated version of one single scene of the decepticons slapfighting in the middle of a flooded stadium while the autobots watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiRkwPYgt8

G1 transformers was silly as poo poo