Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Was just reading up about Friday the 13th (2009) and this jumped out at me on the IMDB trivia page:

quote:

"Producer Michael Bay walked out in the movie premiere, stating that the movie featured too much sex.

Struck me as an odd reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Going into this with Terry's analysis firmly in mind I giggled in pleasure when the baddies face broke apart to reveal a giant gun.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just seen it. It aggressively doesn't make any sense. No scene seems to continue from the last. Checked out pretty quickly, and I really like the last two TF movies.

Also Optimus is evil for about ten seconds

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Zeris posted:

"That weird thing from 1600 years ago is finally happening" best line in the movie

I agree, but

"Look, it's a giant alien ship!"

Is up there.

Also, how many times does Optimus Prime say "I'm Optimus Prime"? We know dude.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Zeris posted:

That submarine sequence makes me angry just thinking about it. I came to the movie to watch giant robots punch the poo poo out of each other. Not...this.

Wasn't that submarine supposed to be a Transformer? Did it ever actually transform into anything? The movie is basically a blur in my memory.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

Based on what I'm hearing, it sounds like Hasbro's plans for a 'cinematic universe' seems like it didn't allow TLK to go as far as the films usually do?

They destroy the Moon and half the Earth and reveal that our planet is secretly a giant Transformer so I'd say they go pretty far.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I really want to know the behind-the-scenes story of the writing of this film. It feels like 5 or 6 guys each refusing to compromise on their ideas and deciding to just cram them all in.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Tardigrade posted:

The real question is how many faces did OP rip off?

Zero as far as I can recall.

He's only in the film for 10-15 minutes anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

It's half this, and half being upset that for five movies now, they've been screeching about how bad these movies are, to no avail. Each time a Transformers movie comes out, their criticsms become stronger, yet people still watch them. Basically, it's resentment that everything they believe that Bay/Transformers does things that should be punished, yet they are rewarded for those same things.

I'd imagine it's more personal resentment that, as professional critics, they have to sit through the same old robot poo poo every couple of years. They don't care that people go and see bad movies anyway.