Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Because Bill is a large man prone to breaking out into violent rages and keeping him placated is more important to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Just stand in the doorway, hurl the merchandise inside and wave your receipt shouting "I RETURN THEE! I RETURN THEE!" and by law they have to give you store credit.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

No he's just a horrible rear end in a top hat. He tells stories about being out and about with his kids and picking fights with people in parking lots.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

Yes, sorry, Azure AD Hybrid Join.

I have a hybrid setup as part of our migration last year to Exchange Online and M365... didn't know this feature existed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Back in July a user reported that his laptop battery would no longer hold a charge. I ordered a replacement right away, paid for express shipping and when I tried to schedule the swap he was on vacation. I emailed him once a week for a month, then once a month, then closed the ticket a couple of weeks ago.

He sent me an email two days ago about how he needs the battery replaced this week. I suggested he drop it off in the morning and I would come in later in the day and take care of it, but he insists he cannot go even two hours without his laptop, despite also having a full boat Surface Pro that he cajoled the CEO into approving.

I was planning to do this tomorrow, but L.A. just updated their COVID lockdown to match the more restrictive county and state one, so I'm going to draw the line. He had four months to take care of this, he can wait a little longer, especially because I've already had to go there twice this week and both times my coworkers were unmasked, as usual.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

By all means notify me at 3pm about an I.T. controls audit questionnaire that needs to be completed by noon tomorrow.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The only way to properly test your internet speed is to download the entire internet.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It infuriates me when I'm obliged to go to work and the office (which is supposed to have been closed since March) is teeming with people, several of whom were unmasked. Including two of my bosses.

Since my office was dismantled as part of the never-ending renovation I had to do my work in the server room, but two of the unmasked construction workers were in the HVAC room next door having a grand old time, and that's where the server room draws its air from.

It makes me angry that I am forced to go out into the world, and cannot manage my risk because so many people are stupid assholes that I can't get away from. I've spent most of my life socially isolated, but somehow during a global pandemic I'm obliged to be in close contact with people, who might cause me to get sick and/or die.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

3D Pipes screensaver for everyone. Starts after 10 seconds of inactivity and locks.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The last ten years I've been getting up around 0400-0430 to get to the gym before it opens. It's been very strange not doing that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I have had terrible sleeping problems for years so I wake up each night for an hour or so anyway. Like now!

And at 4am the world is usually quiet and there are fewer stupid people roaming about.

EDIT: Best schedule I ever had was 4 10 hour shifts starting at 11am. Didn't need an alarm clock, didn't feel like I had to rush. Morning craziness had already tapered off by the time I arrived. One weekday off for taking care of things. It was great.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 21, 2020

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Surely you would not want your page to go out naked into the world!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I took a look at that item's images and...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Dog_Meat posted:

I don't think I could go back to work.

:hai:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

From the OSHA thread:

This is how you make Internet Syrup! :kiddo:

https://i.imgur.com/LERIwXu.mp4

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I remember the end of 1979 and I was excited because it was going to be a whole new decade. That seems forever ago.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Get on my level... :cool:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

FireWire Target Disk Mode was cool. :colbert:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

[ y ] Disaster recovery plan (y/n)

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 12, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The Fool posted:

Realistically there is a big difference between “disaster recovery” and “business continuity “ and if you’re not planning for specific scenarios that account for both, and then testing those plans, you’re probably ok with just making sure veam is working and doing test restores occasionally.

Because my employer is engaged in things like raising a billion dollars at a time our investors have become increasingly stringent about their due diligence surveys. I had to create a primer for my first boss to explain the difference between DRP and BCP and the essential elements, because she wanted me to lie on the survey that we had these things when we did not.

It's been funny to see how year by year the company is slowly being compelled to do the things I've spent years advocating.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Were they hit by the bus or thrown under it? :ohdear:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Why does this rack only have mounting holes drilled through the front of the post?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

One of the CEO's assistants gave me an old flash drive and wanted me to check it because the CEO was looking for old photos. I took it back to my desk and plugged it in, and it was full of zips named for female celebrities with the word LEAKED at the end.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It was on a Lexar thumb drive. Surprised that it didn't turn to dust when I unplugged it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppcs/status/1616057900568289281?s=20&t=LwLvnm9wzcfcc9XXQkNQWg

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/fuckeduppcs/status/1684239714734206979?s=20

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/IdahoBones/status/1706298916449181744?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007