Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Kind of funny there was union talk before because I'm pretty sure even a vague fart that sounded like union would've caused either my previous boss to poo poo himself screaming or some random toady trying to get on his side to rail against it. I think you'd have to fight against a lot of the FYGM people in IT too, there's a shocking amount of cute little randians out there.

I'm sure you'll eventually have your day, IT helpdesk peon #20035363. You're the next Galt, yes. :allears:

(I learned to keep my politics to myself very quickly, which in general is a good idea but especially there. Hard when your family is/was union people though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
To give that job opening credit, at least they're honest. I mean everyone's who has looked for an IT job has seen those 'IT/Computer Jesus' jobs that pay horrible. It's just like the Penny Arcade one, except instead of getting some webcomic nerd to do everything and work for peanuts it's a beer nerd.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Before I noticed the pigs in the background it almost looked like the guy was really angry about grabbing a turd.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If that's all you're getting and expected to actually pick it up, I'd find a cheap android phone and go with straight talk. Actually, I'd probably complain more first since it's a super lovely deal.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Fil5000 posted:

Maybe it was some dumb stress test to see how you reacted.

Like personality tests and brain teasers, I wouldn't want to work there if that's standard.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Nuance is hard to grasp sometimes. Just like there's a line between someone from your old job e-mailing you about X when X is something simple and quick to explain versus 'hey our stuff exploded, let me tie up your day here.'

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
iTunes is just so ruthlessly terrible on Windows 10 and I hate it. Offered to take a look at it for a friend and apparently on windows 10 it barely loving works. Spent about 30 minutes having it chain crash on me if I looked at it funny to find pretty much the only option is to downgrade iTunes which won't work since he's got a shiny new iPhone. I just don't get how you go from a serviceable program to 'poor but works for what it needs to do I guess' to "Okay time to hit preferences, oh it crashed. Okay why not try to sync, oh it crashed. How about oh it crashed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I use foobar but in my previous experiences helping my mom with her iphone itunes (older version on vista) was kind of lovely but not nearly this lovely. Unstable sure but half the stuff I tried to do would just lock the program up with nothing to do but force close it. It's not just being slow, I let it sit for a good 20 minutes and it still wasn't responding when I tried to sync. Not my problem either way since I just offered to poke at it but it was pretty remarkable.