Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

teethgrinder posted:

The Apple Store has ... wasted weeks of time, and keeps insisting it's the loving RAM. There's official Apple RAM in there now, again, and the loving problem is still happening. They seem absolutely determined to not replace the motherboard for some reason. I'm really frustrated. Their communication has been utter poo poo, and I keep getting the runaround trying to deal with it. In two weeks of trying to get it fixed, I dealt with over ten employees, all telling me different stuff, most of it wrong. They also apparently LOST the RAM we gave it to them with so they were forced to just give us the official Apple stuff they were testing with.

This is moot because it obviously wasn't your RAM but Mac's really need specific RAM to work. 999 or bust. Retinas solve this problem for you by having the RAM built into the motherboard. Dead RAM = new computer, yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

GargleBlaster posted:

Clearly you need to mashup something with "gently caress" and something with "printers", is there a song anywhere with printers in the lyrics? :P

This seems to fit the bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVPpBVKaOBE

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

So it turns out that 2012 R2 doesn't work with the MS Mac remote desktop client.

Well it does, by disabling auto negotiate. This blog has a pretty nice write up if you end up in a situation like me where you're wondering how you managed to break your test 2012 r2 server that hard.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Humphreys posted:

:yotj:

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

After a number of months of interviews/panels/tests/medicals/security checks I am finally accepted into <new company>. Feels good.

You always need to take the following into consideration when starting a new job

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

chia posted:

I got a three week temporary layoff or whatever it's called starting on the first of January. Hoo-the-loving-ray.

A holiday?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

That's what I figured, but the people who head this place aren't stunningly competent. :( I don't know if you remember the escapades of last thread, but the person who administers our Apps is laso the person who writes uncommented, unindented, functionless php.

Apparently the concept of groups baffled them so much they set up Spiceworks to do it. :cripes:

If they *really* want to use a microsoft product they're familiar with just set up groups in AD. Google has a pretty sweet script that you can run to sync your AD users / groups up with GApps.

Now they don't need to learn how to setup a group in Google and you can still actually use the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Dear new c-level guy

You've been here a week and this is going to be iPhone #3 :whoptc:

edit:
vvv
No kids and they're not going missing. It's probably been swims / being dropped and they're covered under warranty. Current problem is the touch screen failing to work about half the time.

They'll be fixed under warranty and all it's just amazing to see how quickly they're getting broken.

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 3, 2014