Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
can't make an account on anything without a phone number. I'm not a spammer, why do they insist on doing this crap? What about people without phones? I hate companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
another one is why in the hell can you not browse a website without signing in? Or even worse: Downloading an app? Reddit does this, tumblr, IG, Tiktok, it's just frustrating. Eventually YouTube will start doing this bullshit. The thing that sucks about the internet is that it will just continue to decay more and more until some kind of major event occurs (eg a world war, giant solar storm) and breaks it. only then will it get better and more user oriented rather than corporation oriented. /rant

e: tumblr and ig even let you see some posts but completely block you after scrolling a bit. what am I a loving fish? can't even have a bite of content?

Sweevo posted:

And heaven forbid you ever lose that phone.

Can't log in without the phone for 2FA, but you don't have the phone. Online recovery leads you round in circles sending recovery emails to accounts you also can't log into without the phone. Eventually you call tech support and they say they'll sort it within 48 hours, and then they send you a one-off access code - to the phone you just repeatedly told them you don't have any more.

My bank asked a few security questions and it was sorted within 10 minutes.
Ebay took 5 days and multiple calls.

I was thinking of buying a cheap prepaid but then i realized it's just not worth the hassle.

Phat Phingers fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 28, 2024