Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This is all also correct and I know our tight-rear end company and tight-rear end clients wouldn’t be using SSO if Entra wasn’t a bundled M365 feature, and wouldn’t be using an internal IM app if Teams wasn’t bundled.

Google Workspace sucks a fat one to administer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Apple, you have 160 billion dollars cash stuffed in a mattress, you do not need to sell loving adverts in App Store search results. You sure as poo poo should not be allowing people to buy adverts on search terms that match actual existing apps in the store, and definitely not on ones related to security.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You already take a 30% cut and have more money than god, just leave the adverts out of the app store

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Koskun posted:

Auto Value, an auto parts store (not a mom and pop store, a national chain) still uses one for their receipts locally. Napa used to, but I think they finally went to a normal printer a few years ago.

This makes a ton of sense in locations that might be dusty, dirty, really humid etc. because thermal doesn't like it, and thermal transfer (the superior type of thermal) really doesn't like it.

Sirotan posted:

I've had like half a dozen users click on malicious search result ads on Google who end up calling 'Microsoft Tech Support'. They get told to install remote access software, and then I get to spend sometimes dozens of hours doing a forensic audit on their device. It is real and it is bad.

It's a real problem pretty much everywhere, some ad keywords shouldn't be able to be purchased:

Thanks Ants posted:

Apple, you have 160 billion dollars cash stuffed in a mattress, you do not need to sell loving adverts in App Store search results. You sure as poo poo should not be allowing people to buy adverts on search terms that match actual existing apps in the store, and definitely not on ones related to security.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

On the other hand, Google deciding that the very specific word you searched for should actually be something else is infuriating. Suggest it by all means, don't tell me that you decided to search for a different phrase because you think you know best.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They do know you're only meant to buy enough vendor-approved SFPs to be able to swap in to fulfil a warranty claim, don't they?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm the same but with services that don't put the subscription price on the website. You could have a product that is half the price of a competitor but I'll never know if you insist on booking a sales call to talk about it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Love to have someone using a legacy app that requires unconstrained kerberos delegation :shepicide:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The "I'm technically legally allowed to harass you" crowd are loving dickheads and YouTube is a curse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I cannot imagine having so little going on that doing something like that made it to the top of the list

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Or some poo poo-tier RMM agent that once was told to reboot the server in safe mode and hasn't let go of that setting.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Currently dealing with a client that just doesn't seem to read anything they are sent, but agrees with it all anyway. It's causing my PM no end of hassle when they've produced a full schedule of works including points where the client gives a go/no-go decision, have been passing over example end user facing documentation for them to brand as required before distributing to their own users etc. only for our helpdesk to get blown up by people calling in with no idea that anything was changing.

We're all just drawing blanks with how to handle this because nobody has ever before been told by their contact at a client that they are ready to go and all the internal comms have been complete when nothing had actually been done, we're used to clients at least giving half a poo poo about making a success of the thing they are paying a lot of money to have done.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a group that you can outsource user assistance tasks to that will sit on the phone for half an hour with your user base and talk them through things like following the MS Authenticator instructions to the letter and not losing their patience when the people asking for help decide to go completely off script and then get frustrated when things don't work? I need people with patience levels unheard of in the IT sector but a solid understanding of how to answer an M365 login prompt with the correct details.

Hell, if anybody is looking for their startup idea then this is it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It is annoying but not enough people use the feature where they can favourite different tabs of that UI, give it a try for the stuff you use commonly.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The worst is when the companies that do this try and make up for it by telling you how good their search is - no. Muscle memory for day-to-day activities beats having to type the thing I'm after every time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Weatherman posted:

Are you talking about how you can add service areas like Azure SQL, Private Link, Storage Accounts, and so on to the leftmost menu? That's not the problem here. The problem is that when you go into an instance of that service, all of the attribute areas like Networking, IAM, Compute + storage are hidden under a collapsible menu for no fukken reason.

I am angry about this because it's such a useless, pointless change that just fucks things up for everyone. Fire the person who signed off on it into the sun.

Specifically in the context of the Entra portal you can favourite individual configuration areas so the 6-8 you actually use are at the top. MS should stop loving around with the UI though of non-consumer software.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

“I don’t understand why this person is having persistent problems with their password”

Yeah me neither. I know this is a hint towards checking for sync issues or whatever but I assure you this user genuinely cannot remember a password for longer than two days and your poo poo legacy applications are preventing us from moving to passwordless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cannot wait to swap my work Latitude out for anything else, the plastics they make the palm rest out of are the poorest wearing material I've ever seen on a laptop, the thing looked filthy after 18 months and is almost impossible to clean.