Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Bob Morales posted:

4 problems. You mean this ain't enterprise backup??

Ask me about how we backup workstations and don't force people to SAVE FILES TO THE FILE SERVER.

You think it's tricky getting 20 servers to all back up every night? Try backing up 200 workstations with any kind of reliability.

oh hai, if I hadn't lost my minion I'd think you're working with me. . .

(seriously moved to another department at the university, every workstationi has some random LaCie drive hung off of it, and even with windows7 somehow has 'synctoy' hacked onto it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
Oh, and things pissing me off daily.

Drupal

Drupal, hey, it's enotnert. . . gently caress you in the goat rear end. Why are you generating CSS on the fly everywhere? Why is it the guy who hacked the theme for our Uni from OUCampus decided he wanted to use 15 different layout generating modules?. . .

Why did he not write a simple "this is how you use my theme and what you need to install and why" readme?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

QPZIL posted:

Yeah, many times per week I get calls where users say, "hey, I just got X software, can you show me how to do X task?"

It's annoying.

I get this almost daily in uni.

I am not a programmer, yes I can program here and there. . . but I am not a programmer, so no I cannot show you how to do 100 different things in $random_language.

or my personal favorite "hi i want to use this weird software that was developed on a custom OS on top of a sparc processor and I need it running on this computer using windows 8, they said it was possible on the $horribly_notupdated_sincewin95 webpage!"