Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
We got a couple of Meraki access points several months back and loved them. They do exactly what we want them to. So we thought to ourselves: if the access points are this nice lets give the MX series security appliances a try. Boy howdy stay far away from these things. I mean they are nice in theory and would probably work well for a small office but they lack a TON of features that other appliances in the same space have. Like for instance vpn options. When you get in to configure these things, you have zero options to configure your site to site tunnel with 3rd party devices. You have to hope your 3rd party device supports the phase 1 and 2 options that the Meraki is pushing out or else it just flat isnt going to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Misogynist posted:

It's as though your print server admin has no idea that group policy templates or scripting exist even in the event that these words are truthful and accurate

Its even easier than that. Right click and choose print defaults. No group policy or scripting necessary

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, I don't see the appeal of in-house Exchange anymore at all unless you're huge.

There are still tons of reasons to run in house exchange and doing so is easier than ever if you have any sort of competent on site staff.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Caged posted:

Does it actually matter if you give a VM cores by adding cores to a socket or adding single core sockets?

Nope

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

How do people in Private IT live with this slowness? I mean gently caress this is annoying as gently caress.

It's like work on poo poo, and answering emails at home is hard... Holy poo poo, there is little push do devolve in advanced certs or knowledge of IT just "going with the flow". I hated those MSP's/VAR's maybe, Varrow and charlotte are different to a VCAP-DCD/EMCISAv2/CCNA-DC.

Probably should publish my certs on linkedin sometime...

Maybe I figured it out. Maybe everyone is just a ton more efficient than you. Maybe everyone else can get their work done AND stay up to date with technology and certifications and what not while still maintaining a healthy social/family life which you will never have cause youre a drat head case.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

OWLS! posted:

My boss is literally Dilbert as gently caress about twenty years down the line.

You mean still not a VCDX?

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Im trying to find the holy grail of easy to make/tastes better than Mcdonalds coffee. I have a Keurig because there is nothing simpler than popping a k cup into the thing and hitting brew. I hate the wastefulness of it though and I also dont think it tastes great. Ive tried a french press but the cleanup of a press is just too much work when Im trying to get out the door in the morning or get back to my desk to work in the afternoon. Is an Aeropress a healthy mix between the two?

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

You can get a little reusable basket for a K-cup machine and just brew whatever beans you want without generating lots of plastic garbage.

Ya know I actually bought a set of those and tried them out and found they may terrible coffee. I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong until I decided to tear open an actual K-cup once and found that k-cups have a paper filter inside the cup. This must hold the water next to the grounds just long enough to give it a better steep than the re-usable k-cups.

I'm looking at the Aeropress now. Its cheap enough the hell I may just get one to give it a shot

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
New avatar threw me... it was anime so I had a involuntary revulsion and did not notice the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Good on ya!