Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Who wants to pitch in and get this loving moron a vent hood? We need to get doozie dog open in Reform, AL!! Step up people, lets get this dream shack back on track!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

What I've learned from this thread: if someone with a star next to their name writes glowing fanfic about you, you're gonna go places

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Corn Thongs posted:

What I've learned from this thread: if someone with a star next to their name writes glowing fanfic about you, you're gonna go places

Noni should probably stick to pillow modding.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Oh my God, people are mad about hot dogs in this thread.

Edit:

This looks pretty goddamn good for a hotdogshack hot dog.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Meh, rich fuckers do dumb things and blow up all the time with your taxpayer money, I don't begrudge one guy with a dream trying to make that dream a reality, even if things end up imploding.

Then again, I didn't donate squat.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Corn Thongs posted:

Uh? Noni was NOT a mod at the time that the post was written, pay attention. Your post is RIDDLED with inaccuracies.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's going to blow his brains out isn't he?

To be fair if all you have to do to rake in $17k is take some pictures of a dilapidated old shack and make a few facebook posts why bother chasing the frogdog dream? I don't think he ever intended to set up a hotdog shack, his plans looked shoddy from the off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Johnny Five-Spices and Schlotz Schlongdoobie star in The Zybourne Dog: Another successful goon project brought to you by the Something Awful forums.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Petr posted:

Oh my God, people are mad about hot dogs in this thread.

Edit:

This looks pretty goddamn good for a hotdogshack hot dog.

These aren't Doobie Dogs, just family dinner one night. Read the whole thread!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Whoa. I stop paying attention to something for a couple of weeks and everything just goes completely to hell. :stare:

D1Sergo posted:

Meh, rich fuckers do dumb things and blow up all the time with your taxpayer money, I don't begrudge one guy with a dream trying to make that dream a reality, even if things end up imploding.

Then again, I didn't donate squat.

I did throw a little money at this guy and even I am pretty unaffected. :geno: If anyone is honestly crushed or angered by Doobie's Dogs torpedoing, I kind of worry for their ability to cope with real life problems.

Unless they're that guy who gave up Christmas. I think his whole family could be forgiven for getting a little upset about this.

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I don't think he ever intended to set up a hotdog shack, his plans looked shoddy from the off.

I think you're giving a man who iirc didn't even go to college a little too much credit. If his plans looked shoddy from the start it's less likely because he was running a long con and more likely it's because he doesn't have the business sense god gave a duck. Oh well. v:v:v

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Some Other Guy posted:

These aren't Doobie Dogs, just family dinner one night. Read the whole thread!

It shows he has the culinary sense of a neanderthal. He wanted cheese on his dog so he threw a kraft single on it instead at least buying a bag of shredded cheddar.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

It shows he has the culinary sense of a neanderthal. He wanted cheese on his dog so he threw a kraft single on it instead at least buying a bag of shredded cheddar.

That's how they do it at Pink's in Hollywood, which is sort of famous I guess. Wayne seems to idolize them.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

TOOT BOOT posted:

Look at this idiot. The biggest HOT DOG chain the world uses sliced american cheese. It's a thing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pink's has like 5 locations, that hardly counts as the canonical way to do a chili cheese dog.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Did anyone post these yet?

We'll here is the floor plans for Doobie's .. Done with a cad program.... Once this hood is installed it should start flowing like butter

And here is the infamous hood and 2 fan motors

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It honestly owns that goons would sooner give $500 to some dumb redneck in Alabama for a hotdog shack than a local charity or like, their own brother. I work with undocumented students who can't legally get financial aid to go to school and the $17k you flushed down this guy's trailer park toilet could have paid for them to attend community college like four times over. That, sincerely, is hilarious to me.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'm genuinely curious how much money goons will throw at any project that has that loving frog attached to it for absolutely no reason

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

exquisite tea posted:

It honestly owns that goons would sooner give $500 to some dumb redneck in Alabama for a hotdog shack than a local charity or like, their own brother. I work with undocumented students who can't legally get financial aid to go to school and the $17k you flushed down this guy's trailer park toilet could have paid for them to attend community college like four times over. That, sincerely, is hilarious to me.
Sounds like you're actually not amused but passive aggressively really angry at the idea.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I eagerly await location #2's opening in that goon libertarian commune assuming everyone there hasn't died of dysentery and yeast infections yet

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody who gave money to this KKK idiot redneck gently caress should be investigated for domestic terrorism.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Is it still possible to donate to this dude? I think I can scrape up a couple thousand to help with the vent hood costs.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

whatis posted:

I'm genuinely curious how much money goons will throw at any project that has that loving frog attached to it for absolutely no reason

That depends on whether the project owner can sell the mods on the idea that they know what they're doing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wario In Real Life posted:

Sounds like you're actually not amused but passive aggressively really angry at the idea.

I can't be that angry because reading this thread has been pure comedy, I don't think there's a funnier thread on the forums right now.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
lets give him more money and completely ruin his life

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Wario In Real Life posted:

I don't know where you are getting that from, why would anybody who didn't donate be angry? I think some people in this thread dont realise that pointing out the numerous flaws in this whole endeavor is pretty comical.

edit: haha ok now i get it, you backed doobie and don't like people highlighting what a bad decision that was. of course.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 28, 2013

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'd be willing to throw him a couple c-notes, but only if he makes something with a psyduck theme

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

exquisite tea posted:

While you're wasting time helping those undocumented students get a higher education there are people in other countries who don't have clean water to drink you monster

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I like when ya'll argue in earnest over the Alabama wiener man.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Legit question, why is everybody calling him a racist? Did he actually spew racist nonsense or is it just people assuming "white guy from Alabama, must be a KKK member"

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Heath posted:

Legit question, why is everybody calling him a racist? Did he actually spew racist nonsense or is it just people assuming "white guy from Alabama, must be a KKK member"

He made a joke about black people and fried chicken apparently.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You see we should give money to the dumb hick with a dumb dream because

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pon de Bundy posted:

Well it worked for Obama. :colbert:

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
This thread is awesome. You idiots really will blindly follow mods. Those hotdogs look loving terrible anyway.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

but some guy wrote a beautiful speech about how this will change and grow this small town that's been through bad times!

E: can someone link the guy who cancelled christmas for this? I really want to see that.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Like anyone was surprised the 45 year old hot dog entrepreneur was a racist.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Is this what 15k worth of yucks feels like? I can't stop crying from laughter at work. This is the most surreal goddamn thing I've ever read in my entire life

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Taffer posted:

E: can someone link the guy who cancelled christmas for this? I really want to see that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&userid=30525

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
I still believe in you, Doobie. You've got this man.

OwlBot 2000 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 28, 2013

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pon de Bundy posted:

Because this whole thing has basically become irony-as-humor's natural apex. Sincere insincerity, much like an addictive substance, requires more and more of a commitment of constant one-upmanship, moving from expressing sincere-insincere sentiment to sincere-insincere action and wraps around itself, back into genuine sincerity. More to the point, this is where the lines between pretending to care for a joke and actually caring are so blurred that we find ourselves staring at a Kickstarter page for a hotdog stand in Alabama that, if it ever actually opens, at least a small handful of goons will sincerely-insincerely take time out of their schedules and their lives to take a trip, a pilgrimage if you will, across several states, to ironically eat a mediocre hot dog in an unattractive portion of the southern United States. Irony is an Oroborous, devouring its own rear end in a top hat, and this Kickstarter was the impacted colon that the snake choked on. The biggest irony of all being that the FYAD posters, who have made a posting career out of irony, seemed to be way ahead of everyone else, who at this point I still can't gauge why the gently caress any of this actually happened or whether anybody really believed in the dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Heath posted:

Seriously? I can't believe some of you people.

• Locked thread