Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think a website is a good idea and will definitely help his business in the long run. New restaurants come and go. This is especially true for a small, poor town like Reform, Alabama. Did you know that 30% of population is below the poverty line? People don't eat out too often in a town like this, if at all -- not unless it's really special.

He needs to become more of a regional (within his state) destination. I doubt he'd ever get too big outside of his home county, but it's pretty slim pickins' within that county when it comes to food in first place, so I think there might be a market. Given the right publicity (i.e., e-marketing).

It could boost the local economy. Rural hipsters come in to get the frog dog, they get the frog dog, and maybe buy some rusty antique Pepsi Cola sign from the antique store across the street for the inside of their barn or whatever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Not everyone, but it got you to give him $100.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It is an earnest attempt to do something nice for a man who just wants to sell hot dogs in a town with dysentery.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If I could press a button, I would make the ceiling of his trailer collapse so the money spills out and pours onto his face, just like getting slimed on double dare, so he can sell his generic brand hot dogs from the shack in the middle of a field that he just leased.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Please don't use middle school metaphors to explain differences between forums. We are all adults and most of us have career type jobs, even if we all don't have driver's licenses.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Thinking about that makes me feel dumb. Makes me feel like getting a frog dog.

Wayne needs 15 more gs to install a topping station, though, if he's going to compete with the local convenience store which also won't give you AIDS the moment you walk into the building

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*arrives from NYC to visit famous Internet hot dog stand* "Uh, what's the 'colored only' dog?"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/doobies.doghouse/posts/1467100176849386

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Did you know Wayne reported a UFO over a year ago? From nuforc.org:

Doobies Dogs posted:

Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/26/2012 10:40 (Entered as : 3/26/2012 10:40)
Reported: 6/15/2012 2:41:10 AM 02:41
Posted: 6/20/2012
Shape: Rectangle
Duration:night
Rectangle shape one bright light with no sound at all

One night at work a co worker and i was standing out side talking and a large dark object was moving over the trees cross the parking lot very slow. As we look in amazment it had no sound and a bright light came on it was less than fifth feet off the ground. It turn very slowly toward the right like it was about to run into the plant it pause for about ten seconds and than moved on over the plant and it was gone.

My co-worker ask me what was that i told him it was a UFO while my heart was beating 200 mph.

The next day i figuer out why it showed up there and why. We both work in maintenance ad we install some eltronic device on the roof i'm not going to say what but one off the three malfunction and was stuck on sending out a constant pluse and the red light on the device was constantly flashing.

I been looking every nite sence and i have not seen it any more.
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/089/S89594.html

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yeah, it's better if you try reading it out loud.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Here is Doobie's more recent siting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACPcSDQlRM

edit: Duration:night

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 25, 2013

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I believe in Doobie's Dogs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He got 15 grand or whatever on kickstarter and all he's going to get out of this is an anxiety disorder and a sense of failure. Maybe he'll end up posting here when it's all over.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ryaomon posted:

I actually live right near that place, coincidentally. But no I meant this kind of gross.

Those are just the hot dogs he feeds his family, the ones at Doobies will be different.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tehsid posted:

I couldn't think of any appropriate text,

You couldn't

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Petr posted:

Oh my God, people are mad about hot dogs in this thread.

Edit:

This looks pretty goddamn good for a hotdogshack hot dog.

These aren't Doobie Dogs, just family dinner one night. Read the whole thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I like when ya'll argue in earnest over the Alabama wiener man.

• Locked thread