Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ultimateforce posted:

I thought there was a way to make it so it works with a link.

"Unlisted".

"Private" limits it to people you specify. They have to have YouTube accounts, and it's limited to a maximum of 50 people.

Since the video works now, you figured it out, just putting it out there for anyone wondering why it wasn't working. I've done the same thing more times than I'd like to admit.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Turbo said I should update my thread some.

Look at this trud, just look at it.

I managed to get a day off to do some odds and ends but hardly got anything done. I work nights and I'm getting really sick of it. Anyway, went to my friend's garage located off Orange Blossom Trail here in Orlando.

Here he is fixing a Sebring. I suggested he tell the customer to scrap it. He runs a shop in a bad part of town on customers with no money. I only want to work on rich people's cars, thanks.

I also suggested he give me the C4.

Pulled the stock differential. The fluid was obviously the original stuff but the gears looked to be in perfect condition. You can see my suspension has basically no droop when suspended.

How to ruin your car:
- Pull factory open differential.
- Dump the fluid in to old coffee can.
- Spray the gears and housing with brake cleaner.
- Dump whatever comes out also into coffee can.
- Weld all around the middle gears. gently caress them up really bad.
- Dump whatever stuff is in the coffee can back into the diff, reuse the factory gasket.
- GO DRIFTING.

This car is 100% more stupid to drive, but that's what makes it good.

Coming soon! I swear I'm going to change my radiator!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

How to ruin your car:
- Pull factory open differential.
- Dump the fluid in to old coffee can.
- Spray the gears and housing with brake cleaner.
- Dump whatever comes out also into coffee can.
- Weld all around the middle gears. gently caress them up really bad.
- Dump whatever stuff is in the coffee can back into the diff, reuse the factory gasket.
- GO DRIFTING.

I love it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I like dem silver lines between the numbers on the odometer. :v:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

I like dem silver lines between the numbers on the odometer. :v:

180,000 miles young.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Looks good, but doesn't pass the detailing challenge... you have a couple slight separations in your dash pad.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ultimateforce posted:

180,000 miles young.

I was referring more to the telltale "odometer's been rolled back" lines.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

I was referring more to the telltale "odometer's been rolled back" lines.

Go on.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I only know that on GM cars, if the odometer is rolled back, it puts silver lines between the numbers. Anti-tamper feature.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Same on Nissan, and plenty of other makes.

Oddly, I've seen that on a lot of 3rd gen Integras that I knew hadn't been tampered with, but not all. I tried rolling back the odometer on a spare cluster I had from a 90-93 Integra (2nd gen) and was able to set it to zero with no indication that it had been tampered with. :iiam:

If UF's 240 has the original ECU and it's OBD2, he can pull the actual mileage out of it over OBD2.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

I only know that on GM cars, if the odometer is rolled back, it puts silver lines between the numbers. Anti-tamper feature.

How does that work? Is there something hiding behind the wheels on a ratchet?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Why not spend $8 on clean gear oil? I mean, you went through the effort of pulling the diff, seems like taking the lid off a bottle of fluid wouldn't be too much more trouble. Wouldn't hurt to have slightly less brake fluid, dirt, welding spatter, etc. in your pumpkin!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Protip: if you drink beer for a while in between welding the diff and pouring the fluid back in, most of the brakleen will evaporate out of it!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Astonishing Wang posted:

Why not spend $8 on clean gear oil? I mean, you went through the effort of pulling the diff, seems like taking the lid off a bottle of fluid wouldn't be too much more trouble. Wouldn't hurt to have slightly less brake fluid, dirt, welding spatter, etc. in your pumpkin!

Not about that drift life

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Astonishing Wang posted:

Do you know how many zip ties you can buy for $8??

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am out of practice making race cars. Hopefully have the kit complete tomorrow along with the wiring done on the S14.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Summer time, that means I have become a redneck once again.

Also working on the illusive knee tan.

Drove by Tyson's shop space to fool around with the 'ol race car.

Here he is eating a hamburger sitting on a stool.

I found a really cool magazine to read.

There is a weird tree that drops RX-7 seeds in this totally not creepy area behind the garage.

Anyway, gutted the interior (not pictured) and got my fans wired up. This came out really great!

Look at this rusted battery tray, scrap the car!

Switch mounted.

Battery relocated.

This eBay fan and radiator mis-match I came up with is way overkill for a stock KA24DE. I don't even need the fans to keep the needle in the middle of the temp gauge if I am just driving around. Next is to make a new intake pipe because this factory one doesn't fit worth a poo poo anymore.

My hobby is goofing around the city at night because my sleep cycle is so out of whack. Anyway, this place sure has a lot of loving lamps god drat.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've always wondered about the electricity bills of lamp shops, it has to be a loving lot, right?

Also I suppose any sort of job involving rust and such with cars is pretty trivial when you're a master welder...

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I have no idea how to do bodywork hence my scrap any car with rust policy.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

ultimateforce posted:

Seems like the responsible and reasonable thing to do.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

ultimateforce posted:

Cut panel out.
weld new panel in
filler
paint

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

daslog posted:

Cut panel out.
weld new panel in
filler
paint

Yeah but he probably doesn't know how to weld.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Yeah but who cares? We know he's got the painting part down.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I admit I need to proof read this again so there's probably grammar mistakes. Just getting a draft done for now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Change to "Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Program -- Completed" in the education line, imo.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Will do!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'd also consider swapping the position of education entries. I know when I'm looking at resumes, I want to see what's relevant first.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I'd also consider swapping the position of education entries. I know when I'm looking at resumes, I want to see what's relevant first.

Good idea!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Should be *where applicable not were.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Motherfucker! It's 5pm and I haven't gotten tires for my new wheels yet. No one keeps low profile tires in stock anymore. I should have called yesterday!!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Oh I just realized I had 4 tires in the size I needed already on my porch. The cats sleep on them.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I always wanted Wedsport wheels. Too bad these are 17s and I need 18 barrels to be cool.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
245/40r17 is where it's at.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
If it's not too late for CV chat then I would personally move Welder to directly below work history, maybe moved in a small Tab then start the bullets points there.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Anphear posted:

If it's not too late for CV chat then I would personally move Welder to directly below work history, maybe moved in a small Tab then start the bullets points there.

What do you mean? A general welding experience section?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Top tech tip! If your headlight switch goes out and you are stranded in the dark do this to get home.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I need a fender roller and more lowering.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Nope, needs to be raised 1.5cm.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Wrar posted:

Nope, needs to be raised 1.5cm.

This is not the joke thread!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's the kinda height I want mine at. Tiny amount stretch on the tyres to ensure I can actually have a bit of travel on the suspension.

• Locked thread