Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am now going to be incredibly disappointed if Sazaki's little sister does not become at least one of the main rivals in this show. Why did you have to build that up in me thread, when we know that the harsh realities of Gundam will only make it come crashing down like so many colonies, asteroids, space fortresses, space elevators, or plain old space lasers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

Some pictures of Ez-SR. It looks like its gimmick is just being able to throw on accessories on its back and rotate them forwards? Also it has an EWAC.

I'll take it! :swoon:

That's two kits from this series I've preordered now and the show's not even out yet. :negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

W.T. Fits posted:

That's two kits from this series I've preordered now and the show's not even out yet. :negative:

Don't forget to pick up the Ez-ARMS accessory pack in the corner there :shepspends:.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A wrong thread post, so uuuuuuuuuh..

The Jarja Gyan looks sick.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still waiting for the Denan'Xabungle and the Shoking Gainer.

Caros
May 14, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

And that is the mastery of Build Fighters. They might not get the ratings that they want.. but gently caress if you don't want to just buy every kit they sell.

My wife came home from school today and asked if I could get her a Bearguy Family for christmas. I don't even know if thats a kit yet. I don't even know how she knew about it, she doesn't watch Gundam!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Little more info on the Ez-SR's.

Looks like they're called the Ez-SR Intruder, Ez-SR Eliminator and Ez-SR Shadow Phantom, respectively, so it seems safe to say they're a complete three-man team. I guess the HG kit's just going to have the parts for all three variations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god if there's parts for all three in one kit then that means I need to buy it three times, right? :shepspends:

I'm getting a bit of a Dragonar vibe from the one on the far right, maybe it's the gigantic radome head.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I hope the pilots are all Dragonar send offs. Or at least one of them is voiced by Houchu Otsuka.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TARDISman posted:

Oh god if there's parts for all three in one kit then that means I need to buy it three times, right? :shepspends:

I'm getting a bit of a Dragonar vibe from the one on the far right, maybe it's the gigantic radome head.

Someone didn't buy toys for SEED era when they had 4 separate figures for Strike (Yes, they sold a figure for default Strike) AND have a separate SKU for black/gray version.

Why I can't believe Gundam toys failed in America with such great variety.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
When I saw the big head Ez-SR my first thought was the head was just a transformed asshimar.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Is there any chance that we could just call the R-Gyagya the Double Gyan?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MJP posted:

Is there any chance that we could just call the R-Gyagya the Double Gyan?

No.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Someone didn't buy toys for SEED era when they had 4 separate figures for Strike (Yes, they sold a figure for default Strike) AND have a separate SKU for black/gray version.

Why I can't believe Gundam toys failed in America with such great variety.

SEED toys honestly didn't even have a chance in America. Most stores had already stopped stocking Gundam stuff after the G Gundam debacle, which was still such an amazingly stupid fuckup on their part.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
My FLGS actually used to stock gunpla model kits before Gundam SEED came out and his supplier stopped carrying them due to lack of interest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

My FLGS actually used to stock gunpla model kits before Gundam SEED came out and his supplier stopped carrying them due to lack of interest.

Every interview I've seen suggests that it wasn't because of Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED just happened to hit when they were tired of trying. The big blame was on the G Gundam kits. Not because people didn't want G Gundam kits but because the G Gundam kits that were being made were poo poo like Zebra Gundam or Mummy Gundam, with the big-name protagonist Gundams people wanted being unavailable or only available in Battle Damaged format. They did the same with 0079 kits where you could get Random GM or whatever but not the Zaku or Gundam.

The toy boom with Gundam took off with Gundam Wing because they actually had the main Gundams available. You could buy any of the Wing boys suits in any format you liked. (And that is even why Battle Damaged took off because they could sell Wing Zero twice.) So they had the stupid idea that if they limited the availability of the popular suits and over-produced the unpopular suits, people would buy the unpopular suits AND the popular suits. Not only did they do this, they did this with G Gundam where you're far less likely to get people buying random mook suits because they look cool because... let's be honest, Zebra Gundam ain't selling poo poo to someone not buying it ironically.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 23, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Rows and rows of Mandala Gundam, as far as the eye can see.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You'd think people whose jobs are to figure out how to sell toys would be pretty good at that.

I wonder if people at Bandai actually realize how dumb that was or they still just go 'Welp, guess Americans don't buy toys much. Dead market there.'

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Nowadays Bandai (or rather Bluefin, the NA distributor) has a pretty good deal going on with Amazon. It's definitely not a priority market, but it's way better than what Europe or Australia has to go through to get their plastic crack.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Every interview I've seen suggests that it wasn't because of Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED just happened to hit when they were tired of trying. The big blame was on the G Gundam kits. Not because people didn't want G Gundam kits but because the G Gundam kits that were being made were poo poo like Zebra Gundam or Mummy Gundam, with the big-name protagonist Gundams people wanted being unavailable or only available in Battle Damaged format. They did the same with 0079 kits where you could get Random GM or whatever but not the Zaku or Gundam.

The toy boom with Gundam took off with Gundam Wing because they actually had the main Gundams available. You could buy any of the Wing boys suits in any format you liked. (And that is even why Battle Damaged took off because they could sell Wing Zero twice.) So they had the stupid idea that if they limited the availability of the popular suits and over-produced the unpopular suits, people would buy the unpopular suits AND the popular suits. Not only did they do this, they did this with G Gundam where you're far less likely to get people buying random mook suits because they look cool because... let's be honest, Zebra Gundam ain't selling poo poo to someone not buying it ironically.

That's odd because that's where I got my 1/60th scale non-battle-damaged God Gundam and Maxter

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

That's odd because that's where I got my 1/60th scale non-battle-damaged God Gundam and Maxter

They did sell the protagonist stuff, it is just they massive underproduced it. Model kits also did slightly better in that regards than the actual toys but were understocked in general.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Nowadays Bandai (or rather Bluefin, the NA distributor) has a pretty good deal going on with Amazon. It's definitely not a priority market, but it's way better than what Europe or Australia has to go through to get their plastic crack.

I don't know what sorcery is behind it, but my local aussie stores seem to be catching up with the Japanese release dates. They used to be a solid three months behind Japan's street dates in releases, now they seem to be half that at most or even sooner. One's also taking pre-orders for the new Build Fighters Try and G-Self, so they might even be almost relative to the Japanese release date.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

They did sell the protagonist stuff, it is just they massive underproduced it. Model kits also did slightly better in that regards than the actual toys but were understocked in general.

Yeah I remember the Target stores around here had tons of Mandala Gundams and whatever that one crazy ball they force Allenby to pilot was (Wendell?)

Probably because Bandai thought it'd be like Transformers and everyone would buy the 3rd redeco of the Scud gundam just so they could have the whole set.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't know what sorcery is behind it, but my local aussie stores seem to be catching up with the Japanese release dates. They used to be a solid three months behind Japan's street dates in releases, now they seem to be half that at most or even sooner. One's also taking pre-orders for the new Build Fighters Try and G-Self, so they might even be almost relative to the Japanese release date.

Oh so I guess it's just Europe who's stuck up a creek.

...At least they have a direct source of Alclad II paints??? I dunno.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I got the Zebra Gundam for Christmas one year.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah I remember the Target stores around here had tons of Mandala Gundams and whatever that one crazy ball they force Allenby to pilot was (Wendell?)

Probably because Bandai thought it'd be like Transformers and everyone would buy the 3rd redeco of the Scud gundam just so they could have the whole set.

I had both of those as well. If only my mom had kept buying me lovely gundams maybe gundam wouldn't be dead in the west.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TNG posted:

I hope the pilots are all Dragonar send offs. Or at least one of them is voiced by Houchu Otsuka.
Extra points if their team manager/coach is Totally Not Meio Plato.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Screw him. Bring in Not Lee Sue Min. For the chainsaws.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Some pictures of Ez-SR. It looks like its gimmick is just being able to throw on accessories on its back and rotate them forwards? Also it has an EWAC.

RG Wing Zero Custom of all things just got announced, so hey maybe that'll show up.

I'm assuming that EWACs EZ8 is gonna fill the hovertruck role in the team.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

ImpAtom posted:

And I thought Tomy/Hasbro made poor decisions.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well how else am I going to recreate doumon's training in the mountains without 350 DeathDark Army units?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

:swoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh my god :swoon:.

What are the odds the little blue bear turns out to be a nigh-unkillable murder machine?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

With China's Bearguy 3 plus this you can have a family of three. You could even do a picnic diorama or something. :3:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

With China's Bearguy 3 plus this you can have a family of three. You could even do a picnic diorama or something. :3:

Oh my god I can make Clannad out of Beargguys.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

This has to happen in the show. Everyone else has guns and bombs and Plavsky particle bullshit, the Bearguy Family just invites opponents to a tea party.

Don't refuse. You might make them sad if you refuse.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

DigitalRaven posted:

This has to happen in the show. Everyone else has guns and bombs and Plavsky particle bullshit, the Bearguy Family just invites opponents to a tea party.

Don't refuse. You might make them sad if you refuse.

If you refuse, the Bearguy faceplates pop off and reveal beam magnums. Mutually assured family fun :dukedog:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Don't forget to mention that R-GyaGya will get a HG kit as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

Once you mentioned it, I'd half-expected it to turn out that way too.

But this time it's a single kit and accessories for all three variations :toot:.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Once you mentioned it, I'd half-expected it to turn out that way too.

But this time it's a single kit and accessories for all three variations :toot:.

You say that like I'm not going to buy three anyway because Ez-8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They probably didn't want to run the risk of a bunch of the big disc head variant clogging up shelves.

• Locked thread