Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

BlitzBlast posted:

Didn't a kitbashed Vagan suit show up in the trailer fighting a repainted Lumber Gundam?

That's an Eagail from Turn A Gundam.

You should totally watch Turn A by the way.

Also, watching the trailers again, I kind of like the electronic sound of the score. It's a definite change from the more classical or pop sound you normally get from Gundam OSTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I'm getting the impression he's some sort of foreign nobility or something like that. Japan loves that cliche.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Or if this show wants to be the slightest bit daring have Reiji die at the midpoint, and Sei being forced to take over. Though really we all know the final upgrade is just going to be some sort of two-seater or something.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Has anyone else noticed that the preview for each episode steals the end of previous series previews? The first had a play on the "Who will survive" from the original Gundam, this one had a play on "You will see the tears of time." from Zeta. I really hope ep 3 riffs off of ZZs.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
The guy on the right seems really familiar as well. I'm pretty sure he's from V Gundam, based on his uniform.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I think it's probably significant that in the ending credits when everyone is in a gunpla costume Sei's in the Build Strike, and Reiji's in the Build Mk. II.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Also, the longer version of Yuuki's theme was amazing. Rock those Spanish guitars.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

tsob posted:

The V2 mod that Mao destroyed a few episodes back by firing the satellite cannon at him and dropping a skyscraper on him afterwards was another really nice shot of something similar in action - although I think that might have been a Zanspine and not a V2 mod.

It was a vanilla V2 in Zanspine colors.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Blaze Dragon posted:

When? I pointed this out in my last post, Argentina hasn't been in war for a long while at this point, and the Renato brothers are likely in their late 20s at best. Unless Gundam Build Fighters is saying we're having another war soon, they really couldn't have been involved in any sort of war.

Falklands 2: Electric Bugaboo.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I had just assumed he had run at the speed of plot. I mean, it's not that unusual for nick of time things to happen like that in the shonen genre even without teleporting powers.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

BlitzBlast posted:

I want to say this is a GINN, but god knows what kind.

I'm pretty sure this is a Gelgoog Cannon.

quote:

The torso and head remind me of the Gelgoog J, but everything else is different. It might be a kitbash?

This is a Gabaldy Beta. It's what Lila pilots in Zeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

muike posted:

i feel like a 1/144 a baoa qu would be like the size of one of japan's islands

Apparently A Baua Qu is 13.9 kilometers tall according to the Gundam wiki, which would make the 1/144 version just under 100 meters tall.

• Locked thread