Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
This show will probably be incredibly entertaining and harmless fun. I'm glad that Bandai have finally recognised they will never make "another First Gundam".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Paper Lion posted:

Let's put it another way. This is a tournament Gundam. There's only been one other like this, and it's debatably the best in the franchise. C'mon, have some FUN Zorak! :unsmith:

Please don't compare this to G Gundam. I like this show but that's on the basis of accepting it being a brainlessly fun plot tied to some decent battle animation. It is nowhere near as deep, complex or self-aware as G Gundam was.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

This is dually a card battle show to sell things to children and a fanservice show for older gundam fans. The main reason I'm looking forward to this show is because I know exactly what to expect. It isn't promising the world and failing to deliver like AGE did. I can turn my brain off for 20 minutes and watch some MS battles that you'd never get to see in a regular gundam show, and enjoy some cameos from fan favourite characters. It's still going to be a better show than AGE, and it will print money for Bandai so that they can do more high-quality OVA adaptions of existing works rather than clowning around with pathetic attempts to make their own original TV series. It's a win-win for all Gundam fans. You don't even have to watch the show, simply the fact that it exists is funding things like Unicorn and whatever will come after it.

• Locked thread