Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bimmi posted:

And that fight was indeed tits. Would've been absolutely brutal in any other series.

I really hope we get more crazy visceral fights like that in the tournaments, that was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All I want is one Gundam Hammer on a unit.

I've been praying for this ever since the show started. Or maybe a reveal of his Dad's ace status being due to his liberal abuse of all of RX-78's gimmicky weapons. :swoon:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

C'mon, it's the perfect excuse for the best possible Macross to cover with Gundam.

LISTEN TO MY GUNPLA'S SONG.

Guitar and drum controlled Gundams :allears:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

To date my favorite thing a GM has ever done is get thrown by the Blue Destiny, but that may have just changed. drat that episode was glorious.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ethiser posted:

The king is Reiji and Aila also doing a Love Love Sekiha Tenkyouken. Their king is Ramba Ral.

This is all I could ever ask for out of this show.

Given how this fight ended in a slugfest I would have loved if the Star Build Strike got a dempsey roll or something equally ridiculous going, but I am content with a shoryuken.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

I have to say my favourite parts of the episode were the parts that didn't have to do with the fight.

Except for Kirara's speech. That was cool.

I'm surprised they didn't show the grandson's reaction to the post-match stabbings. Guess they don't want to humanize Grandpa Sponsor that much.

Caros posted:

That ending tho... Its shocking that a show about gunpla is the first one in which I actually give a gently caress that the cyber newtype loses her poo poo, and that the protagonist finds out that it was her all along. I might have actually given a poo poo about Four, Stella, Lalah and all the others if they had the same chemistry that Reiji and Aila Aina have.

Yeah, coming off a rewatch of Forever Four this managed to be have more of an impact than Four did for me. Maybe it's just because we've seen Aila more.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

TARDISman posted:

Star Build Strike shaking its fist in anger makes the everloving gently caress out of that shot.

Yeah that was absolutely hilarious. Sei's genre savvy move of sharing the charm was pretty funny too in it's own way, though I doubt he expected to witness a newtype style connection in person.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Davzz posted:

About the only thing I liked is the resolution, where said psychic girl actually took the time and realize that if piloting is causing you so much misery maybe you should just either not pilot or do it only on your own terms.

I have a feeling that is what a lot of folks liked about it, as opposed to a drawn out 'oh drat we have to fight now, how miserable!' situation. It's a cute subversion of what we expect of Gundam at this point, but it's not deep romance or anything.

After playing Full Boost some more last night, I am disappointed in this show's lack of Crossbone X3 and log tossing. Or the Blue Destiny chucking HG GMs at folks.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Blackchamber posted:

I didn't say or mean to imply that her building skills weren't good, just that her gunpla aren't the overpowered killing machines that we see in the tournaments sporting trans-am systems, clear funnels, and so on and favor things like pretty red bows rather than gently caress-off missle packed/sniper rifle toting boosters.

Thats why I suggested the continued Aila China team up, one brings the cute the other brings the pain.

I was hoping for a Master Asia style usage of ribbons, I would love to see Ms Sazabi (or Bearguy) wrecking with those.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

It's like all of our jokes and dreams for this show came true. Bandai, please ship the HG Axis :allears:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I loved it and a Gouf/Master Gundam combo attack was not the finale I was expecting, but it might be one of the most hilarious/awesome moments in all of Gundam.

A little disapointed that Miss Sazabi got wrecked with only one battle scene, but whatever.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I want Build Fighters S2 to have Sei be frustrated by the advent of 3d printing or something and how lazy it has made modelers, so he goes full on rogue/story villain.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ActionZero posted:

All I want is an ∀mazing Gundam.

Plavsky particle nukes :allears:

Alternatively: an even more ridiculous mustache and two laser pistols from the Sumo. Ah that would be incredible.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Blaze Dragon posted:

Mr. Ral is censored because having him on two pages would be too much Ral for the average Gundam fan.

Also, what's that about Stardust Memory on the first page? Listing what Gunpla characters are using?

Yeah, the Powered GM Cardigan is a Stardust Memory variant.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Oh man an R-Jarja/Gyan fusion, please tell me its piloted by the same guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

It's Kaoruko Sazaki's. Maybe his little sister?

Yeah I saw the kana but I couldn't remember the character's name for the life of me. Here's hoping whoever the pilot is has Chara's goofy dual color hair cut.

• Locked thread