Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dessel posted:

That being said, this trailer introduced me to a rapier fencing gundam complete with a somewhat proper stance for rapier fencing. What is that model?!

The Gyan, available in both 1/144 High Grade and 1/100 Master Grade scales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Silentman0 posted:

Your first Gundam model should not be an MG. Get the HG, then decide if you think it's fun, and then move on to MG's later.

Why? It's not like MG kits are hard builds, especially something as old as the Gyan.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

e: and I mean the good tallgeese. None of that blue trim bullshit

Tallgeese III is awesome, you shut up. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Preview for the first episode:

This show sucks. :colbert:

Edit: \/\/\/ - WING, not Wing Zero.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 6, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'd imagine if somebody blew up a MG Sazabi or The O the other person would probably be so livid they'd jump over the table and punch them in the face.

Imagine if there were PG competitions. Strike Freedom would fall apart within 30 seconds. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm not sure if Gunpla Shadow Games would be stupid or hilarious.

Hilarious if Yu-Gi-Oh taught me anything.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

tsob posted:

(I have a Turn-A MG I never finished though, if that counts)

Finish that loving model kit. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Endorph posted:

Haha, it did worse than X? That's hilarious, and I say that as someone who finds X kinda charming. Do we have any info on why they refused to shitcan it like they did to X, then?

Probably so they could sell more model kits(HGs of course, as we have at least three MG kits that have basically been canned). Supposedly another reason is that Unicorn was making Bandai so much money that they basically said "gently caress it" and let AGE run its course.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BattleRobit posted:

This show really needs some sort of Master Asia cameo.

If Ramba Ral got a cameo in the first episode, there's no way in hell they'll not get Domon and/or Master Asia somewhere in this show.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Astray Red Frame can be assembled into a CE accurate one rather than the Build Fighter version

They already did this with the HG Astray Red Frame w/ Flight Unit. It's got improved articulation and detail over the original 1/144 kit.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Endorph posted:

If villains from Gundam shows are winding up in Build Fighters, Gym Ghingham should show up. It would basically be paradise for him.

EDIT: And it'd give an excuse to make a Turn-X kit. There's only a 1/144 for that thing, right?

Yes, and it's a 90's 1/144 at that.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DrManiac posted:

I don't even buy figures and I really want to get a good quality model after watching the show.

Go here if you want people to throw some suggestions at you and not sidetrack this thread.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Infinity Gaia posted:

Probably more effective than ramming into things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeN7-jmDZLc

I'd call that pretty goddamn effective.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Let's just be glad we didn't get something from a Filipino modeler.

If you're curious, that thing used to be the Sazabi.

I want to see something like that make it in the series only for it to get obliterated and see the modeler be told to not make lovely customs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Infinity Gaia posted:

As long as someone, at some point, is using a custom God Gundam, I'll be happy. If the customization used is to give it TWO burning fingers instead of one, I'll be ecstatic.

But God Gundam already had two God Fingers in its show.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRAOhrmJIdA - 3:54

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 21, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4zRExqv4U

Great battles, Reiji continues to be a troll, and THE SPHERICAL COFFIN!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TNG posted:

lovely? What are you talking about, this thing is pure perfection!

Ramba Ral deserves better. Real Grade Gouf all the way. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

aers posted:

In this episode we learn the true terror of idols.

I thought we learned about those in SEED...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

the Wing Zero got dismantled by a Gyan in the first episode,

You've made this error twice now and I keep getting annoyed by it. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

gobbledygoat posted:

So is this just medabots with gundams? Cause I'd watch the poo poo outta that.

More or less. If you want to just enjoy stupid fun than its perfect.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

High grades are cool and all, but Master Grade is where it's at. :colbert:

Perfect Grade Gunpla battle. Bring it on boys. :smug:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

Not much variety suit wise there. Besides it'll just wind up being PG Strike Freedom vs Perfect Grade 00 Raiser in the finale anyway.

Pffft. SF's backpack would probably snap at the first attempt to use the Dragoons, and 00 Raiser literally can't move unless you push in the condensors on his limbs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm DEFINITELY buying the MG Sengoku Astray now. That was an awesome fight.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

But if you get the MG you might not get the wacky as hell support pack!

I'll buy some third party PG Red Frame swords and stick them into Sengoku's big shoulder hands. All the accessories he ever needs. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bimmi posted:

Can someone point me to the episode where China's been anything other than the simpering, timid wannabee girlfriend? Because I haven't seen it yet.

Next episode has Bearguy-san fighting SD Knight Gundam, so wait until then to see if China can recover?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Bimmi, lighten the gently caress up. We're only eight episodes in and you're already treating GBF like it's the worst thing to ever happen to Gundam just because the females so far aren't conforming to your Tomino-rose-colored glasses standards.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

(I also want to see Aile Bearguy.)

Now I can't get the thought out of my head of Bearguy stealing lead Gundam backpacks and copying all of their iconic poses.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Endorph posted:

I want some maniac to try and combine all five main Wing suits into one monstrosity. The Gundam Sand-Wing-Death-Arms-Long.

I'd be happy to try that if Bandai ever makes a HGAC line.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

The MG Wing kits all used the same internal frame, so you could probably do it with those. Though unless you're willing to sacrifice all five, the best you could do is make a megazord out of them.

I'm not spending another 250 dollars on MGs I already own, and a Megazord/Brave Robot configuration would never work cause the Wing suits are all the same size, and you need a "main" mech that'll make up the bulk of the robot.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That was the goofiest robot fight I have ever seen. Bravo China. :golfclap:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wonder what Sei's big inspiration will lead to with his gunpla.

It's not hard to figure out - Bandai has already shown off the model kits. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Azubah posted:

So is the overall message of the series "gently caress canon, have fun"?

Yes. Wing losing to Gyan, Justice losing to a Zaku, DEVIL GUNDAM losing to a Jegan - it's all in the heart of the Gunpla. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blackchamber posted:

I haven't watched a Gundam show since Gundam Wing and decided to give this show a shot.

And now I'm waiting on 2 Strike Full Package models (one to build, one to just have CIB) and interested in getting more. Maybe this question is better suited for the more general gundam/gunpla thread but since I'm really only interested in the ones appearing in this show, what's the best resource for finding out what ones are being released and when besides just haunting online retailers?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/ - this is my go-to site for Gundam/Gunpla news. Also, come to the Gunpla thread - the more the merrier.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wonder how using a Gaw carrier and a PG Zaku II are even remotely legal. I thought it was restricted to 1/144 scale?

As somebody who owns Perfect Grade kits, that Zaku is WAY bigger than a PG. Judging by how big its hand is next to Build Strike, you're looking at something closer to 1/10 scale.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Spelling Mitsake posted:

These 1/12 models are awesome.

Now if only he had proper hips, he wouldn't have to take his legs off to poop.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Or you could buy the HG Forever Gundam, which comes with the cool armor AND a Gundam Hammer.

Also, that picture reminded that I hate how dalong panel lines his kits. Can somebody please buy him a gray lining marker?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Might as well post this here too.

I challenge everyone with gunpla to try and do this pose better than the RX-78-2 2.0. Without an Action Base. :colbert:
If you have the Blue Frame 2nd R you basically win.

You're lucky i'm working in Alberta, and my Blue Frame is still in its "you want NONE of this." pose.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
After 35 years, you expect some questionable mobile suit designs to slip through occasionally...and then you see the Beginning 30 Gundam and wonder what the gently caress were they thinking?! :psyduck:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TARDISman posted:

This is true, any other series would do the whole awkward tsundere thing for 3, maybe 4 episodes then she'd get killed off by some random guy to piss off Reiji, probably Gunpla Mafia man

No no no, Sei would trip and accidentally gut her with a hobby knife. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BizarroAzrael posted:

Where does the image of the second one come from? Looks like a Zaku-like (Geara Doga?) head on God Gundam's body and legs and swords from elsewhere. Looks like a game but I have no idea if there is one with that level of customisation.

It's from Gundam Breaker. Think Dynasty Warriors with Gunpla customization.

Edit for nerdiness:

Geara Doga head
God Gundam arms and torso
Astray Red Frame Kai legs
Sazabi's beam shotgun
Sword Strike backpack

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 3, 2014

• Locked thread