Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Given he drives a jeep looking thing, I'm surprised they didn't take the opportunity to give Ral a civilian version of Zeon's Sauropelta.

Also surprised his car isn't blue. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

BlitzBlast posted:

great cameos (was that Psycho Gundam painted to look like the SRX, or was it just me?)

Looks more like Zambot to me.

Overall that episode was amazing. I especially like Ral commenting on Sei's Gundam canon knowledge, which he uses to pull Amuro's wire trick from CCA.

I hope we see Wing Fenice again. Maybe he'll add in some Wing Zero parts or more completely custom parts to repair it. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The interesting thing is how few of those 8 seem to be customized (from the silhouette) except for the Sazabi. Sazabi is a fatty of a mobile suit, yet that "Miss Sazabi" is pretty slim. The only other one that seems to be customized is the Zeong's legs, which look vaguely like those of the Baund Doc. The Exia might be customized too, but I'm not too familiar with its generation.

I wonder if that Zeong is Mr. C(lamp)'s?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe this is reaching a bit, but rewatching the fight (again), I just noticed that Fellini has the same "split at the ends" eyebrows style as several Gundam Wing characters. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Four matches, isn't it? 16 participant elimination tournament.

16 -Fight1-> 8 -Fight2-> 4 -Fight3-> 2 -Fight4> 1

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm hoping he does the "Throw my shield/rifle/sword to one side, then pull something sneaky while the enemy inevitably follows its motion and takes their eye off me" trick several characters (EG: Amuro or Norris Packard) use a few times.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Part of me wants to guess its simple showboating. However Aila's fights are boring to watch so I doubt they're intentionally trying to play the crowd with a mysterious fighter.

Maybe the reason Gunpla Battles are nothing but painful for her is because the helmet is improperly sized and too tight. Hence the headaches. Afterall she isn' an actual cybernewtype. :v:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 21, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well Gyunei seemed to figure out the invisible funnels (clear plastic? :haw:) trick, he just lacked the skill/discipline to do anything about it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just wonder what the result would be if you stuck something like this on a GP base:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Seems like a good bet.

That Exia looks like someone barfed a poor recreation of Epyon's color scheme all over it. Really bad. Hopefully it'll look better in animation and it just looks bad there because that is a raw plastic unpainted/unfinished bare minimum model.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Actually it is supposed to be a variant of Sazabi's Beam Axe/Sword.

[edit]I just noticed Miss Sazabi doesn't have the backpack binders and thus (seemingly?) lacks funnels.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 22, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

King of Braves GyaGyanGar.

Speaking of Gyan, of all the joke Sazaki/Gyan pictures I've seen cropping up, this has to be one of the most absurd:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gundam Build Fighters - In the middle of a cash grab, Ramba Ral forgot to suck.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gundam Build Fighters - A Manly Wing Gundam cross-countering A Hot-Blooded Strike Gundam

I suck at this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gundam Build Fighter - Without War Drama, all that is left is lots of Fun.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, I guess that takes care of the first set of "shrouded Gunpla" from the intro. Funny how they didn't turn out to be ultimate bosses or something like the intro imlies. I wonder how the next set factor in.

I loved the "Amuro visiting Tem Ray at Side 6" beginning of the episode, Especially since the Gundam Super Module was right there on the desk! I thought Sei was about to have a nightmare. Overall a great episode. Seemed to be several cameos as well. Poor, poor, Takeshi. He comes home and his wife has closed up shop and run off. Though really, shouldn't he have expected it? I bet if he didn't have his other job, he'd have closed up shop to go watch Sei even earlier into the tournament.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 27, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gundam Build Fighters - Even the Filler Episodes are Amazing

Also, "Just how many different kinds are there of these Zaku things?" might just be my quote of the episode. Oh Reiji, you have no idea how deep the Zaku family tree is. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I almost feel the whole "Aila was a street urchin" angle feels too... obvious. Sure it fits the usual Cyber-Newtype motif, but I can't help but think/hope they'll do something different with it and this is just a red herring.

Also, I guess this is the last(?) we'll see of Mr. Clamp, I wonder who the next old friend of Ral's to show up will be. Maybe Hamon? :haw:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe it just shows off Mao's building skill? It wouldn't be the first time we've seen him sitting around random Gunpla model's he (presumably) has built as training.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This is completely random, but if Jaburo ever gets used as a Gunpla Battle Stage ("Stage X Cavern"?) the episode needs to just play Ai Senshi/Soldiers of Sorrow as background music the whole bloody time. Too many Gundam video games have fused the two together in my mind, Ai Senshi must play if you're at Jaburo, they just play it 24/7 over the PA.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I totally forgot about that!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pureauthor posted:

I honestly have to wonder at the thought process behind giving Yuuki spanish guitars as part of his theme. Definitely not complaining though.

Ace Combat Zero fans, maybe? :haw:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

If Mao's teacher does use the Master Gundam, I hope it as awesomely customized as that Kowloon Gundam was. It looked pretty awesome, and seemed to use Turn-A's 'stache for helmet trim. :haw:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

For all we know, it might. Doubtful, but possible!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I suspect we'll get plenty of gun action in the next episode since it is two Pistoleer/Sniper Gunpla going head to head.

It'll probably still come down to the knives anyway though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Crowetron posted:

Actually, having China bump into the other competitors outside the area would be a neat way to flesh out both her and the rival fighters' characters.

ImpAtom posted:

I think the reason for this is that unlike Reiji, anyone else would ask her what her name is if they interacted with her for any significant period of time and then the jig would be up!

Well, we'll see, given this was in the next episode preview:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'll admit, after they broke through the Mao Sword, I was really hoping for a proper Shining Finger style head grab and crush.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

muike posted:

Field 420: New Yark

It was Seattle. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe the Zeon troopers were the ones setting up the wire traps. They might not have been in the backpack the whole fight.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe the Argentine Gunpla scene is hyper competitive? Maybe they practically did fight a Gunpla war to get to the world championship?

I really do want to know what their beef was. Do they just not like the fact the Meijin is just some privlidged teenager? One who didn't even build his own gunpla for the tournament even.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

boom boom boom posted:

[0080 SPOILERS]But it get's completely wrecked and the pilot dies and almost the entire squad is wiped out because they didn't have enough intel on the enemies capabilities. The Kampfer is the idea that badassness counts for absolutely nothing when the other guy has a machine gun up his sleeve you don't know about.

That doesn't seem like the Kampfer's fault (other than its limited endurance thanks to not carrying reloads) and more the fault of, as you say, poor intel.

That is like calling the Graf Spee a lovely cruiser because the crew scuttled it in a neutral port because they thought a British battleship and carrier were waiting outside for them (they were 3000 miles away). Or to keep it Gundamish, calling the RX-78 lovely because Amuro didn't know what the Zeong was capable of at first.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm still not sure how the writer deciding the Kampher needs to get Worf'd by the Alex means it is "by design, a dumb suit".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

My initial thought was they should've dashed forward to pursue/stab the Kampher when it smashed into the fountain and kicked up smoke. However, crippled as it was, IIRC the Kampher still had one beam saber left (carries one in each hip, yeah?), so that might not've gone well either.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Originally I thought Meijin sacrificed it as a distraction to break the losing sword lock, but the way Alan goes "Our Last Weapon!:gonk:" kinda makes that unlikely.

It looks almost like something shot it, at which point it automatically popped off to explode. However there was no visible beams or anything. Animation error? Maybe the K9 unit was supposed to have shot it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ImpAtom posted:

... Renato's saber is pink.

Actually its an animation error, the GM K9 is using a green saber in that scene. You can see it clearly when the K9 leaps back as the binder explodes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They went in with the sword because Yuuki destroyed all the GM's ranged weapons.

He shot the rifle as part of the "I didn't blow up" reveal then went all pistolero and shot the GM's own pistols out of its hands.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 12, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

And an angry kampher getting in their face.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I can't tell if Yuuki is really enjoying roleplaying as Meijin or if the persona is starting to crush down on him.

"A Meijin's objective is always victory" (or something like that) he said, isn't the objective to have fun? I don't even remember him smiling much as meijin either. :ohdear:

It would be cool if he drops the Meijin act when facing Sei and Reiji and just goes back to being all fired up like in Episode 2 and 6.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I just want to see him getting all psyched and shouting "Moeagare" or whatever it is from the original MSG opening again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Maybe it was just give Nils a chance instead of being nibbled to death by Star Build's head vulcans? :v:

She's not very good at dastardly plans it seems, usually they seem to amount to "hope really hard Sei and Reiji lose".

• Locked thread