Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If it's possible to paint something like the I-Field on and X Gundams get to keep the satellite cannon, I wonder if a Turn A Gundam would just intrinsically have access to the Moonlight Butterfly. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I really do hope *~Kiraran~* is coming back, if only because I was bothered by how they treated her in her own episode. Like yeah, straight up sabotage is bad, but getting somebody else to build your gunpla for you can't be considered bad, if other characters and Reiji are doing the exact same dang thing! Also, even if she didn't like it / it was just because she's really devoted to her dream and job, memorizing the names of all the robots and marathoning every single gundam ova and tv show (good and bad!) takes some serious rear end dedication and is also something I could never do. Can't call nobody a ~Fake Gunpla Girl~ for doing that. :colbert:

BlitzBlast spoilers:Is there something else that was announced that confirms that beyond the 0080 / GM connection? Although I guess if she was coming back she would definitely make sure to give herself a custom transforming backpack with a secret gimmick this time around.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like how instead of the stock tall, blonde, arrogant idiot gaijin character, the American champion ended up being a multiracial black/japanese wunderkind with multiple doctorates. Who is also apparently the world's most archaic weeaboo (i seriously lost it when he opened the closet in his tatami apartment to reveal his robot kneeling in its own little dojo).

With that and the WWE style ring entrances (which should totally come back), it seems like the staff is getting creative and having a lot of fun with this premise/show. Or at least as much fun as you can have making a children's television show, I guess.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If they actually pushed this show onto a network over here, I think it could catch on enough with its target demo. Might even see kits in stores again.
Of course that ship has totally sailed already, though. :v:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bimmi posted:

And for fucksake stop trying to justify Kirara because blah blah loving blah, there is absolutely NOTHING defensible or likable about that character as she appeared in ep4, she is basically just a set of negative feminine stereotypes and fantastically irritating to boot. You clearly don't get why this is a problem, so just stop.

I dunno, I actually really liked Mihoshi and want her to show up in more episodes and hopefully get an actual arc to counteract how she was treated in episode 4.
(I said this before in the thread but even though she is basically a stand in for FAKE GEEK GIRL, the fact that the show writers specifically mentioned that she watched literally all of gundams everywhere and has memorized every mobile suit name is the really weird, specific detail that leads me to think that that's she might be intended to be more of a criticism of that idea than a lambasted example. But then again she's only showed up in one episode so far so who knows?)

edit: I mean that its 'specific' in the sense that the scene is framed really sympathetically, showing her exhaustion and frustration with the scope of this absolutely insane, monolithic quest of hers. I'm a dude so my opinion ain't worth squat but I couldn't really sense any actual malice in the character's reactions toward her either.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 29, 2013

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tomino is actually the shadow-producer of Build Fighters, this entire show is just a direct prequel to Reconquista of G.
e: vvvvv - The mid-season tone shift is gonna be a hell of a doozy.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 29, 2013

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Goddamn, for one of his first soundtracks this dude is putting in the work. I'm imagining him getting stoned off his rear end and going on some sort of vision quest that ended with him walking into his office, covered in dirt and mud, and yelling SPANISH GUITAR to the first intern he saw.

Yeah, I wasn't really all down for this show from episode 1. Once I heard the guitar start up and the crazy animation on that zaku fight I was all in. Now its the only show this season I follow every episode on instead of waiting for batches.
Does anybody know if they plan on releasing the soundtrack soon or is that more of an end of season thing?

Also that American championship music rules too.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This episode is full of so many good moments:
Bearguy rocky training montage, ~Caro-chan~, Caroline dragging a bewildered Nils out of her dad's office, Bearguy's secret backstory, Ringouts count, did they ever mention that before? Sazaki chillin out in the background.

Next episode looks like it's going to be pretty boss too, I never thought this show would turn out as entertaining as it did.
e: Thought it was weird that they put Nils and Sei in the same room and didn't have them interact at all but it's China's episode for China so that's alright.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 2, 2013

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Was anybody else kinda hoping that the brothers would have ended up winning instead? Like I knew it wasn't going to happen but they just put in so much effort.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I think this is going to be a problem going forward, all of the enemy characters and suits are way cooler than the ones for the protaganists.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Meijin has a super robot. That survived point blank shots unscathed and getting stabbed a million times, watching it with my friend we both called bullshit at the end there.

Kids show for children so you get what you get, though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I guess really that's more of a problem with necessary narrative conventions draining all tension out of the fight. For instance there is no way that in the next episode Samurai Boy will win, and they spent all their opportunities for the protagonists to lose by having them win every fight except one, where they only got second place.

e: This could also bring up something on the necessity of those conventions to begin with and the techniques used to add tension to a conflict whose outcome is predetermined in entertainment but that would be really over my head and out of my league.

e2: It's a show about toy robots blowing each other up.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 10, 2014

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I thought Chairman's knock off robots looked pretty cool, I'd buy one of them from him.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mecha Gojira posted:

Pretty sure Tomino would shiv an executive or two if they tried to make him run a tie-in with the show that's specifically about marketing model kits.

I'm surprised he hasn't at some point in his career, already.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tomino said he didn't like some of the designs Syd Mead did for the show, in retrospect, but was so awed by how great it was that Syd Mead was doing designs for him because of how much he liked Syd Mead that he let it slide.

He freaking loves Syd Mead.

I want the Wadoms to show up again, and also a Wadom kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A wrong thread post, so uuuuuuuuuh..

The Jarja Gyan looks sick.

• Locked thread