Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amazing

Am I too late to offer my vote on the new title? Because I'd vote for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I want a Destiny vs V Gundam fight where both of them show off their Wings of Light.

Destiny vs. G Gundam Shining Fingers would also be acceptable.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Phy posted:

I just started watching this the other day and I can't believe I watched a Zaku trash the holy poo poo out of a Strike to what sounded a hell of a lot like The Gipsy Kings.

e: this is good BTW

I honestly have to wonder at the thought process behind giving Yuuki spanish guitars as part of his theme. Definitely not complaining though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A single RG Punch that two episodes ago matched evenly with Beam-Cape covered Wing Gundam punch can beat out a Solar + Satellite Cannon enhanced beam sword?

I am officially calling shenanigans.

Next episode looks to be a pretty tactical battle. I'm excited.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If you're going to have characters that have only one episode to shine, this is how to do it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Or you could step out of the control room thing and challenge your opponent to a swordfight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I guess Mao is going to be relegated to the goofy comic relief role now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They definitely let their guard down at the last sec though. With the EXAM system they should have been able to dodge the initial salvo (at least so their suit wasn't completely totalled) and Yuuki wasn't in much position to start adjusting his aim after that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Obviously we need an Acguy Amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Missing Link posted:

He needs a hyaku shiki Amazing so we can see all the weapons completely gold.

Actually he really needs to have copied the Renato bros and pull out a new machine every fight.

He represents the biggest Gunpla company on the world, they can afford to do that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also, on the conceptual level it's always a bit awkward to write, "War is hell, now watch this show about our cool and amazing war machines. We also have toys of them!"

Meanwhile Build Fighters' message (aside from the usual Power of Friendship and everything) is "Gunpla is FUCKEN AWESOME so buy more AWESOME Gunpla" and the audience is willing to respond with a 'Hell yeah!'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I hope I never see another RG mode activation for the rest of the series.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I will give them credit for bringing up a lot of different styles of fights.

Last week was a pure guerilla tactics shootout. This week's fight was 100% cribbed straight out of classic samurai action and chinese martial arts movies.

Except with more punching.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 17, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TARDISman posted:

Blink and you miss it, but Kati Mannequin and Sumeragi are chilling out in the bar when Fellini and Mihoshi/Kirara are talking about the fight. Sumeragi even wore her hilariously cleavagetastic shirt.

And in the background of that shot are the Flag fighters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TARDISman posted:

He could freak out when he finds out whatever Reiji's deal is since he just thinks he's bullshitting him right now.

Doubt it'll last for more than five minutes since Reiji didn't actually lie to him or anyhing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

http://avex.jp/gbf/

The tracklist and samples for the OST have come out.

Yuuki's themes have the best names ever. :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

So I forget, there's Sei/Reiji, Kawaguchi, Aila... who's the 4th person again?

Patrick Mannequin, undefeated Ace of over 200 simulation battles!

Sei and Reiji's room is going to be stuffed to overflowing by the end of the series.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I have to say my favourite parts of the episode were the parts that didn't have to do with the fight.

Except for Kirara's speech. That was cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I loved that they turned the whole usual tone of dealing with cyber-newtypes on its head and how the whole fight ended up.

Although if Sei wants to win this tournament apparently he should just attach a giant plastic fist to a set of boosters.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 3, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

It wasn't telegraphed, it was explicitly shown.
My bet's that this is the source of plavsky particles.

By 'telegraphed' he means 'was it foreshadowed.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TARDISman posted:

I could see this show trying to do that, making a huge deal about it then it just shows Aila shrugging and walking away from the battle unit.

Alternatively the block attempt is by Aila literally throwing her Qubeley into the middle of the arena.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The chairman goes nuts and dumps every computer-controlled model they have into the middle of Yuuki and the Build Team's final match.

Bam, everyone gets to contribute, and they can go nuts with one final round of cameos.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 7, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Like a minute in: a British guy made it to the top 8!? Haha! Pretty sure places like Argentina and Italy have strong Gunpla communities and big competitions, the UK has pretty much nothing but a handful of costly importers.

Edit: Two minutes. And now he's dead, makes sense with the previews.

Keep watching. My favourite part of the episode, honestly.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Still no Bernie and Chris. This is bullshit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00HS9YU70/

Samples for all the tracks in the OST. Yes, all.

I need this in my veins.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

sunburnedcrow posted:

Okay, I am ignorant and would like to ask who this person is.

Master Kawaguchi, who else.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The white suit below Heaven's Sword looks like it has too much stuff on its back to be a standard Taurus.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtA0mnd-p4U

Youtube link.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Beautiful episode, pure fanservice of the good kind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

By the way, the three suits that successfully blew up Cziommer's suits were winners of some kind of fan-submission contest. I don't remember the details.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Robot cameos:

Wasn't sure how to handle the contestant suits, so I just put what they're based on. Also while watching the episode the first time I could have sworn I saw Czommer get his rear end kicked by a customized Zssa, but skipping through the episode I couldn't find the scene. :negative:

Aren't you missing the King of Hearts Fellini beat up?

Also the Zssa scene was near the beginning immediately after the title card. 4:56 onwards.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Now the only real question is whether it'll fire its Satellite Cannon out of its eyes or by opening its mouth.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

He took off his jacket over the course of the show.

I'm sure that counts as character development somehow.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBPAmZZhnQ

Here you guys go.

Still watching, will post impressions in a bit.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pretty great episode!

I loved how they showed that while Yuuki still has his combat reflexes, the chairman at the helm is a complete moron when it comes to tactics and ended up hurting his chances more than anything else by controlling Yuuki.

Also a Build Knuckle finish that doesn't feel phoned in.

"They punched it so hard the evil came off."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They really should have made a standard Exia-colours version of that kit.

Also Mashita is exactly the kind of person who would go crazy for jRPG fire and ice swords.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

One of the things that Build Fighters has consistently been good about that I really like is that the show never allows you to forget that they're playing with toys on a model board. The last episode had Reiji and Sei flying over to reattach their arm mid fight, for example.

That in mind, it was kinda jarring to see Sei and Reiji refusing to leave China and Aila's broken Gunpla behind because... they're really well made, I guess?

Agreeing with those who say Sei's development as a fighter felt rushed and incomplete, and it's a bit of a sour note because that's a thing that they try to hang the emotional impact of the ending on. It'd be better if Sei was just sad that he's losing a friend.

Overall though, it's been a fun ride with amazing fights, a bunch of characters that are interesting to watch, and an excellent OST. Would gladly recommend this to anyone who wants a fun show to watch.

Dat Chinan Kick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What song was playing when Mao showed up with his spiffy new Gunpla?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hmm, thinking about it, I thought 00 S2 suits couldn't appear in the series? Did the Amazing Exia Repair not count for that clause?

The broadcast rights held by the other station ran out just before the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

At least by the very end she calls him 'Sei.'

Character development right there, folks.

• Locked thread