Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

I saw a SUMO, so this is the show of the year.

Eagail's in there too! And it's fighting that Canada Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I think that this episode was pretty consistent with the rest of the series in that it kind of rushes things for a hasty resolution with only like one or two good parts an episode (in this case, the combination attack, you know the one I'm talking about). I think it was a mistake for them to try to shoehorn all of the side characters, so that everyone gets their moment. I mean, maybe if there was more coordination in it, but it was just that everyone got a pointless 5 seconds of good animation to do a cool thing while stuff explodes. If they wanted to go that way, I think that this should have been their reference overload episode where the side characters lead all the Gunpla battle fans from the festival to take out the swathes of bootlegged mooks in a proper A Baoa Qu-sized final battle. Throw in all of the obscure kits. Throw in all of the Gundam cameos. Have it be like the G Gundam finale where you're picking out references and going, "Was that the F91... and Daitarn 3?!" I think that sort of sentiment is what appealed to me going into Build Fighters, and I feel that it was totally absent from the final episode. In the end, it had a pretty lackluster finish, but at least most of the ride was pretty fun.

Why the hell did they not go all Medabots on us and have the giant Gunpla duke it out for the final battle? They could have just copied that whole finale wholesale and come out much stronger for it..

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
The bootlegged knockoffs seemed to be selling pretty well in Arian-land. It's nice literally everyone got a happy ending, I guess. Except the Renado brothers.

• Locked thread