Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

You know looking at the new Fenice again I SWEAR that head looks like an AGE suit's. Legilis, maybe? I know AGE suits aren't supposed to be in the series but the resemblance is uncanny.

I'm curious by what you meant by that they aren't supposed to be in the series. Were there legal issues? Was it just a decision by Bandai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I thought Chairman's knock off robots looked pretty cool, I'd buy one of them from him.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they show up in an upcoming series.
But yeah, I'd definitely buy a few of them.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TARDISman posted:

For a split second I thought they were from the Reconguista trailer.

That was the thought that I had when I first saw them as well.

Also, apparently they're called the "Mock"
http://i.imgur.com/krg2s2n.png

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

If they do a mock kit, they need to like, misspell everything and make the box look cheap and shady as in the show, they're knockoffs.

Imagine, bootleg mock kits.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

A bunch of 1:144 Gundams fighting a 1:1 Gundam sounds incredibly awesome.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

The best we're getting is an OVA, so don't get all y'all's hopes up.

They might make a second season, damnit.
I really really want there to be a second season.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

New final boss, maybe?

I'll be 100% honest: I'd still watch the hell out of a show that's just the girls doing their thing. Fighters is like the exact opposite of AGE in terms of interesting female characters.

I really wish we got more of this in the series. There's a good female cast, but besides Aila, they don't really do much at all.
And even Aila got shafted at the end, with the Miss Sazabi.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I am so unsure about this. This is gonna be so so easy for them to gently caress up.

I actually think the opposite. The only way to really gently caress this up would be to make it dark and serious. As long as it's still stupid fun robot battles between plastic model kits, I think the show'll be enjoyable, even if it isn't quite as good as the first season.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

Mr. Ral will be exactly the same and still 35.

While I'd like to see what the characters would be like aged a bit, this. Mr. Ral should be exactly the same now matter how much time has passed.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AzMiLion posted:

Fenice Reniscata? Looks it.

Nah, legs are rather different.
I swear I've seen this somewhere as well. Those legs, at least.

e: They look a lot like the ones on the Banshee, actually.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It honestly looks like if you redid the Reniscata as a Unicorn suit.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

aers posted:

New BF season. In Fall.

Yesssss.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Midjack posted:

:lol::lol:

When has anything Gundam, nay anything Bandai had a second season as good as the first, never mind better?

At best this will be the cynical cash grab we all expected out of the first season - it made them way, WAY too much money to evade meddling from the Bandai mothership this time around so they'll demand that the creative team give us what they think we want.

The second season of MS IGLOO was on par with the first, if not better, and while I'm probably the odd one out, I really liked the third season (or second season, if the first season is just one split into two miniseries?), 'cause, besides the crazy death god, they had lots of awesome tanks, both in mobile suit form and not.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Also loving NAOKI is one of the mecha designers, get hype. :dance:

I don't think you could get me more excited for this series at this point short of a GBF Gundam Artemie at this point.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lurking Haro posted:

Character profiles!

Sekai Kamiki
Master of Jigenhaou-style Kenpo who transfered to the 2nd year of the Seihou Academy middle school section.
Due to meeting Fumina Hoshino he learned of Gunpla Battle and is now learning its fun and depth.

Yuuma Kousaka
2nd year student of the Seihou Academy middle school section and China Kousaka's younger brother.
Winning the Grand Prices at modelbuilding conventions and artistic Gunpla contests, he's a young genius Builder.

Fumina Hoshino
3rd year student of the Seihou Academy middle school section. A girl that loves Gundam and Gunpla with all her heart.
As club president of the Gunpla Battle club, she's looking for members to win the Championship in the student class.

Jigenhaou can be translated as Dimensional Surpreme Ruler.

Everything about these suggests that this series is gonna be a steaming pile of crap.
Why am I so excited.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Yep, she couldn't even make it through the PV without getting put into 'getting her rear end kicked' mode.

Looks fun otherwise but I'm not thrilled to see Build Burning Knuckle being the centerpiece again.

The female protagonist was still front in center in most of the scenes, which was rather cool.

Also

BlitzBlast posted:

Hahahahah Ral is Professor Oak now.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Even the PV itself is stupid fun.
I'm feeling like any worries about this series are gonna be unwarranted.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I would not be surprised if the BF team actually went out of their way to meet with Tomino in person for that request. He probably acknowledged their efforts by granting them permission to use G-Reco units, most likely out of his own personal amusement.

That's kinda what it sounded like to me, at least.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

That they're aware of the great reception of Build Strike vs. Wing Fenice and Bloodhounds gives me a lot of hope for Build Fighters 2 being good. Now let's just hope G-Reco won't have hosed things up for it.

You mean let's hope that Build Fighters hasn't hosed poo poo up for G-Reco. :colbert:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Please give us Gaia-Gear cameos, Bandai.
And then release some kits.
And maybe a translation while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

MJP posted:

Is there any chance that we could just call the R-Gyagya the Double Gyan?

No.

• Locked thread