Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
This episode is literally about how loving awesome the Meijin Kawaguchi is because he is motherfuckin' Meijin Kawaguchi. He basically just says, "No, guys, Gunpla Battles aren't about tactics (war), it's about having fun (battling)." He literally pulls a bullshit last-minute play after getting his poo poo wrecked and pulls it off because he believes in the crazy funness of it all. He doesn't painstakingly build tiny troop carriers with miniature (1/144!) human figures so that he can stealthily win. He sticks rockets and cannons and boosters and poo poo on his Zaku and paints it red because it's cool and fun.

What I'm saying is all you guys sitting around and going frame by frame to nitpick this episode are the Renato brothers and deserve to get your poo poo kicked in by the cool guys who are watching this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

tsob posted:

Not really. Yuuki spends his free time working out and practicing piloting from what we've seen. He takes it very seriously, he just remembers to enjoy himself while he's doing it and that he's doing it ultimately because it's fun, not because of a desire to win in and of itself. He was on the backfoot the entire fight, but it's not like he didn't put in quite a bit of preparation himself and he managed to evade all of their tricks or survive them because of his skill in piloting and Allan's in building. He had plans himself, starting with flushing out the Renato Brothers by firing at the likely sniping positions, going through walking in to their trap because it had to be done to get it out of the way and then luring them to the best place for him to be. It's only bullshit if you ignore his actions and focus solely on the Renato Brother's ones.

I'm not saying that he didn't put the effort into it. It's the way he puts the effort in. Like I said, he loves building and flying Gunpla that are nothing but cannons and boosters and rockets. He plays smart, but that's just it, he plays. But let's face it, at the end of the fight he was basically at the Renato brothers' mercy. They had him dead to rights. But then he pulls out his last-ditch crazy-rear end stunt (which yeah, there was prep for but it doesn't make this plan any last-ditch or fuckin' crazy) because he's a cool badass and because it's fun as hell. And then he gets a badass one-liner that's basically a summation of one of the major themes of the show.

Raise your hand if you didn't go "gently caress YEAH!" when Yuki pulled that chaingun out of the rubble and just laid into the GM Sniper?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
The Renato Brothers lost because they lost sight of the Fun of Gunpla. This is a show that says Gunpla is Fun. Gunpla and Fun in this series is embodied by the spirit of friendly competition and rivalry which pushes for self-improvement along with genuine enjoyment by way of the Gunpla Battle. The Renato Brothers used sneaky underhanded tactics so that they could A: win at all costs and B: humiliate their opponents. This is Not About Fun, and thus antithetical to the idea of Gunpla. Therefore, by this show's logic, they deserve to lose.

Yuuki won because he fights for and believes in fun.

Sei's dad is Literally the Fun Police. He should arrest all of you.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Pretty sure Tomino would shiv an executive or two if they tried to make him run a tie-in with the show that's specifically about marketing model kits.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TaurusOxford posted:

HGUC Rebawoo says hi. :smug:

Besides, Build Fighters has clearly demonstrated that Gunpla strength has gently caress-all to do with the suit's canonical power and is based on build quality alone.

Umm, I think you mean build quality and *~imagination~*.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Metal Armor Gundam D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TheManSeries posted:

I'm super excited for Dragonar 3Z8.

I just hope it doesn't decrease the chances of an appearance by my actual Dragonar three-man team.

• Locked thread