Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Obviously subjective but I think this is my favorite 2k soundtrack ever though Id be just fine without ever hearing Blurred Lines again

Good job Lebron :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Keekles
Jan 28, 2007

Stomper Go Dumb
I admit to zero knowledge of how to fund a AAA title in 2013, but the in game ads are awful and horridly distracting. I think its telling that the announcers sound uncomfortable and unwilling to sell just how much they love Gatorade. Having two unskipable Sprint splash screens in the Sprint halftime show presented by Sprint doesn't do anything for my immersion but it does ensure that I'll be really frustrated with their logo by next year.

It plays well though, after some rough hours forcefully forgetting last years controls.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
You talking poo poo about the Sprint Halftime presented by Sprint bro?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My god, it's 2k11 all over again when Pick and rolls just absolutely dominate for easy points and everything else is dumb to try. Instead of last year when it was impossible to get an open paint, 3 guys chase the ball-handler as the center gets 10 feet of space for the dunk.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
why do you even get this game tae :P

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Also, the new controls (seriously 2k, stick to one) are so confusing and it seems like it just takes out any comfort for button-only shooters.

I really, really like the controls this year. Out of everything that is my favorite change this year.

the_american_dream posted:

Obviously subjective but I think this is my favorite 2k soundtrack ever though Id be just fine without ever hearing Blurred Lines again

Good job Lebron :bravo:

This is a very close 2nd. The soundtrack is really strong.

Tae posted:

My god, it's 2k11 all over again when Pick and rolls just absolutely dominate for easy points and everything else is dumb to try. Instead of last year when it was impossible to get an open paint, 3 guys chase the ball-handler as the center gets 10 feet of space for the dunk.

Really? When I set the difficulty up I haven't been able to get off P&R's nearly as much.

My biggest complaints right now are around myPlayer. They changed it so you don't get stat bumps for training, only piddly amounts of VC. So I'm stuck where my guy blows, so I can't earn VC to get better. In previous years you could at least drill yourself faster/better shooter.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm the opposite on the controls. I really liked how the left stick handled the cool stuff like spin moves and step-backs and the buttons even gave some quick moves like spin moves and euro-steps last year.

Now everything is on the right stick which is confusing to me.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah I don't like how everything is on the right stick now while x is a completely normal shoot button. Want to do a quick spin? Whoops you just shot from 19 feet. Want to do a euro step? Whoops you just held a shot for too long from 13 feet that gets blocked. Want to make a "fancy pass"? Whoops you just shot from 26 feet out, go you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh yeah, gently caress the modifier for making left bumper+shoot an alley-oop function. I've had so many shots from the post become lame duck turnovers because it became an alley-oop attempt.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This is my first year playing online (and without the graphics turned all the way down) and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with Online Blacktop mode. They perfectly replicated the experience of playing 3-on-3 with a bunch of random ballhogs who think they're about 50 times better than they actually are.

Also never encountered the Heat online so far, which is weird.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a drunk janitor sneaking in to edit these rosters, or does 2k hired him themselves? Why is Gilchrist shooting corner 3's all day?!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
My Myplayer was drafted by the Pistons. All Josh Smith does is sit behind the 3pt line. It's really quite furious.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Is there any solution to the dogshit 'Your VC earnings are being saved on the 2K Sports server...' bug? It seems like if the server can't handle your request, your game will just hang. I guess this might be specific to PS3.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Dexo posted:

My Myplayer was drafted by the Pistons. All Josh Smith does is sit behind the 3pt line. It's really quite furious.

This game is very accurate.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Patch came out for Xbox tonight. Anyone know what it contained?

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Tae posted:

Oh yeah, gently caress the modifier for making left bumper+shoot an alley-oop function. I've had so many shots from the post become lame duck turnovers because it became an alley-oop attempt.

this poo poo is what's stopping me from enjoying the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh for gently caress's sake, I finally realized why my picks weren't rolling to the basket just now. They changed (why?!) the order so that the red and last pick option is a fade, not roll like last year.

Seriously, who the gently caress makes these changes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder if NBA Live comes back this year.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Rick posted:

I wonder if NBA Live comes back this year.

It sure does...as long as you're going next gen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Live_14

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Anyone else feel full-momentum lay-ups overpowered? Keep in mind I'm on the default settings, not simulated, so I've basically pumped 90 for my lay-ups and basically they either do a fancy score or get a foul (because everything is a foul this year).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anytime anybody goes for a dunk/layup its been an automatic score and/or foul so I stopped defending them a couple years ago.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

RBX posted:

Anytime anybody goes for a dunk/layup its been an automatic score and/or foul so I stopped defending them a couple years ago.

Aren't you supposed to be able to block dunks now? I dunno because I haven't bought this one yet

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This is the exact same game as last year as far as I can tell.

Edit: Except they changed the controls again for no reason other than to not make it obvious its a roster upgrade and pissed off me and my friends.

RBX fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 15, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RBX posted:

This is the exact same game as last year as far as I can tell.

Edit: Except they changed the controls again for no reason other than to not make it obvious its a roster upgrade and pissed off me and my friends.

I wish it was the same game as last year. The physics are more clashy, ball control is basically non-existent, it's 2011 with pick-n-roll dominations with how the AI sags off, and the drunk hobo is in charge of roster updates again.

I mean seriously, how does Chris Bosh literally have no skills? There's a specific skill for pick and pop Bigs like him!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm really hoping that 2K was just trying to tread water this year and is holding off on making actual, meaningful changes in next year's game to compete with NBA live, but I'm not really holding my breath.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

VDay posted:

I'm really hoping that 2K was just trying to tread water this year and is holding off on making actual, meaningful changes in next year's game to compete with NBA live, but I'm not really holding my breath.

They're basically making two games this year, so I'm not surprised they half-assed things.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I think next years version is the true update when its full blown next gen

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Get an actual roster maker, I shouldn't be looking at amateur part-timers that know that Stephen Jackson shouldn't still be a 73 or Ricky Rubio still being a sharp shooter. Hell, the only significant change they really made was give everyone like 30 more points in blocks+steals across the board and Gordan Hayward high enough stats to start over Richard Jefferson.

Also Jrue Holiday rated higher than Tony Parker because

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

But they made LeBron James's face more lifelike doesn't that count for anything

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Olympiakos is a ridiculously fun team to play with, there's like two players on the entire roster who can't shoot the three well

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I can't do standing dunks why can't I do standing dunks

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I'm actually considering going with NBA Live this year. I'll give it a week or two to make sure it isn't horribly panned in reviews or anything first, but I'm getting a little tired of 2K.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Can you actually power through contested layups now, instead of doing that weird leaning back layup?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Can you actually power through contested layups now, instead of doing that weird leaning back layup?

Yes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Live put out a teaser trailer today:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100150281406898

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Looks so bad.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Ahaha who is that and what have they done to Nash

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
I knew I'd seen that face before.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Jesus christ that looks horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I kind of like it.

• Locked thread