Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Whelp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlptY6G4SQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

It's so... beautiful :stare:

Hopefully the next-gen version will have all the features/gameplay from the current gen game. Also, I wonder how EA feels about Live now that this trailer is out there.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Suddenly I want a next gen system.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
From what I'm reading these days, the port from next-gen to PC is easier than this generation, so it graphic-wise the PC port should look the same.

Of course, the poo poo support will also stay the same but whatever, that's what you expect for 30 bucks on a new triple-A game.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Tae posted:

From what I'm reading these days, the port from next-gen to PC is easier than this generation, so it graphic-wise the PC port should look the same.

Of course, the poo poo support will also stay the same but whatever, that's what you expect for 30 bucks on a new triple-A game.

Wait, are they gonna do another PC port for the next gen version?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Wait, are they gonna do another PC port for the next gen version?

I don't know, but 2k has been very good about making PC ports for all their games regardless of quality.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh the 2K14 port is already out and its a port of the ps3/360 versions.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Faltese Malkin posted:

It's so... beautiful :stare:
That sure is a nice intro video, I'll hold off creaming my pants until they show some actual gameplay footage though.

Also I'm really loving sick of that Phil Collins song.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Illinois Smith posted:

That sure is a nice intro video, I'll hold off creaming my pants until they show some actual gameplay footage though.

Also I'm really loving sick of that Phil Collins song.

Spoiler alert: the gameplay's going to be exactly the same as the PS3/360/PC versions.

For sports games the new consoles mean improvements in 3 areas really: better player graphics, better crowds, and (loving hopefully) faster loads/smoother menus. I could be wrong but I highly doubt that the increased RAM or processing power is going to suddenly allow 2K to unleash some ridiculous new AI system that they've been sitting on because it was too taxing for a PS3/360 to run.

I'm pretty apprehensive about future PC versions of this game to be honest, although maybe I'm just being overly cynical. But I don't think EA plans on releasing Live on PC (at least initially), which means that 2K might continue to not care about it and instead focus even more on the console versions where they'll have actual competition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Competition was never the reason for releasing PC ports, they just do it because the money makes enough sense through a long period of time to make one.

I never played the console versions of 2k, but the PC menus have always been smooth.

As for the AI, I'm waiting until the usual PC roster makers get their hands on making a 1st draft because everyone's stats are wonky and the 2k Roster maker is lazy as poo poo to actually adjust to the new system.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Live 14 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Other than the dribble moves, those animations look a little stiff.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The player models in this Live 14 trailer don't look nearly as good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I could careless how it looks at this point as long as it controls better, doesn't have the overly long bullshit animations, and is faster faced.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

morestuff posted:

Other than the dribble moves, those animations look a little stiff.

That and there's something really off about the jerseys.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

VDay posted:

Spoiler alert: the gameplay's going to be exactly the same as the PS3/360/PC versions.

For sports games the new consoles mean improvements in 3 areas really: better player graphics, better crowds, and (loving hopefully) faster loads/smoother menus. I could be wrong but I highly doubt that the increased RAM or processing power is going to suddenly allow 2K to unleash some ridiculous new AI system that they've been sitting on because it was too taxing for a PS3/360 to run.

I'm pretty apprehensive about future PC versions of this game to be honest, although maybe I'm just being overly cynical. But I don't think EA plans on releasing Live on PC (at least initially), which means that 2K might continue to not care about it and instead focus even more on the console versions where they'll have actual competition.

Xbox is taking Ones around the US letting people play them and I've heard that load time is a big issue. I imagine it's probably the same for PS4s since they're huge games being run on standard HDs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Did anyone try this out for PC yet?

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Doltos posted:

Did anyone try this out for PC yet?

I have. I have a good gaming rig and some of the issues with playing at max settings graphically have been resolved from 2k13, but pretty much every complaint in this thread is valid.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

So can anyone playing on PC tell me how to play with friends? All I see under online is quick matching. Online association has its own section, but...I mean, they couldn't have left that out, right?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I haven't tried playing 2k14 online yet but I'm p sure that there was only random online play for the PC version of 2k13 so...

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Thomas Robinson and his 97 offensive rebounding and Tenacious Rebounder trait make him the loving worst player to defend in the game

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is rebounding better in this game than in 2k13?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Is rebounding better in this game than in 2k13?

Yeah, I'd say so. This is the first game I haven't moved the sliders yet. Sometimes there is BS rebounding, but sometimes in real life there are unlikely ball bounces.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rebounding seems to be more consistent with reality in that when a ball goes near a player that has position, another player doesn't teleport and snatch it like it did in pre-patch 2k13.

I'm not sure what I should be upgrading to actually hit my open floating thingies. The one where you run, pump fake and then cancel into a floater/lay-up. I keep missing those, but I don't know if that's related to lay-up, standing lay-up, or close shot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

Rebounding seems to be more consistent with reality in that when a ball goes near a player that has position, another player doesn't teleport and snatch it like it did in pre-patch 2k13.

I'm not sure what I should be upgrading to actually hit my open floating thingies. The one where you run, pump fake and then cancel into a floater/lay-up. I keep missing those, but I don't know if that's related to lay-up, standing lay-up, or close shot.

Standing layup.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This game feels identical to 2k13 on the PC, not like it's a bad thing. They cleaned up some of the animations and there's more funny tangle ups. Fouls get called more too, which is fantastic.

My only gripe is that they did nothing to change the MyPlayer mode. You still have to sit through painfully long GM conversations with generic models and David Stern will still read off the draft 1 pick a minute. You also still start as a 60 overall scrub. Wish they'd do something about all that.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
You know you can use Cheat Engine to give yourself more skill points right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Doltos posted:

This game feels identical to 2k13 on the PC, not like it's a bad thing. They cleaned up some of the animations and there's more funny tangle ups. Fouls get called more too, which is fantastic.

My only gripe is that they did nothing to change the MyPlayer mode. You still have to sit through painfully long GM conversations with generic models and David Stern will still read off the draft 1 pick a minute. You also still start as a 60 overall scrub. Wish they'd do something about all that.

Yeah that's where I am. Everything feels a little better, but nothing feels a lot better. MyPlayer feels worse because they changed how development drills work.

Trades in association are a little better too, which is nice.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

BIFF! posted:

You know you can use Cheat Engine to give yourself more skill points right?

But that's cheating :mad:

Also the new drill system sucks, and all anyone ever does is the dribble course, which at least is a change from the past few years, when all anyone ever did was the dribble course

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
How do you call for alley oops now?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

How do you call for alley oops now?

Left trigger + X I think. A+B now makes you do this bad euro step drive that always ends in your guy throwing his arms up and losing the ball.

Declan MacManus posted:

But that's cheating :mad:

Also the new drill system sucks, and all anyone ever does is the dribble course, which at least is a change from the past few years, when all anyone ever did was the dribble course

It's awful. I don't know why they keep doing it this way instead of having drills give you specific attributes. They also made them incredibly hard, like you just cannot get gold in Around the World anymore, there's just not enough time to knock everybody out.

Lockback posted:

Trades in association are a little better too, which is nice.

They're a lot better. I get some really tough offers that I mull over now.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Getting all sorts of fun glitches in MyCareer. My character sprained his ankle so I elected to sit him for three days to recover and I turned off the system after it had saved. I turn it back on the next day and I hit play next game, and I'm playing in the game against the Grizzlies that night, with a -4 to my overall. I quit the game, look at the leaguewide injury report, and I'm not on it, so I select play next key game to see if it'll go away and all of a sudden the Grizzlies game is a key game because it's my first game in the starting lineup (I played six games before this as a starter). I can't find any documentation about the injury on my player card and it says I'm recovering from no injuries.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I've only played 1 game of this so far but I've noticed it is easier to hit threes with Marion than anyone else on the Mavs. Dirk gets fatigued really fast in this game. The new stick is going to take getting used to. Many times I tried to use it like the stick in the last game and would pass instead of going for a shot.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I really need more time to play video games between this and gta5

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
We had a press thing today about 2K14 Next Gen and since there are no article about it written yet, here is a link to compilation of the live tweets about it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/1p2pun/ronnie_2k_and_ld2k_live_tweeting_next_gen_info_at/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just started LeBron: Path to Greatness mode. Was instantly sold on the mode when the opening talking about how the path to greatness is tough showed 3 Mavs covering LeBron. Dirk, Marion, and ... JJ Barea.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

We had a press thing today about 2K14 Next Gen and since there are no article about it written yet, here is a link to compilation of the live tweets about it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/1p2pun/ronnie_2k_and_ld2k_live_tweeting_next_gen_info_at/

If they pull this poo poo off I will find a way to buy a console day one.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
This game is ruining my plans with next gen. Thanks 2k.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, know you guys know why I loving laughed my butt off when I first saw the title of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Glumslinger, please punch whoever's in charge of the roster.

• Locked thread