Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They remembered Reagan's sweet sweet 20%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Huh, those musician cameos had a point after all.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Forever sounds like an okay song if its actually real. OH WAIT, I GUESS IT IS!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Saw some of this while babysitting today. I like the references. "Swear to READ" with a picture of mad Batman is pretty great. I also really enjoy how self deprecating the show is. It's kind of charming in that way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Forever sounds like an okay song if its actually real. OH WAIT, I GUESS IT IS!

Oh god, there's a PuffyAmiYumi version of Night Begins to Shine

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh god, there's a PuffyAmiYumi version of Night Begins to Shine

Were you expecting anything less? We've come full circle.

When we're dancin', the night begins to Shine.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 4, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Feels good man.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
BTW, they did put up an album with the new remixes and songs from the four-parter on iTunes and elsewhere, if you want the music.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Finding out Puffy AmiYumi are still alive was my biggest surprise all week.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

horriblePencilist posted:

Finding out Puffy AmiYumi are still alive was my biggest surprise all week.

The band members? Why would they be dead? But yeah, apparently they were recently in anime Boston back in April of 2017 and have toured San Fran, Dallas and LA as part of their Not Lazy Tour. Their last Album was back in 2009, but they're still fondly thought of and do some work. Ironically in the West because of their work in Teen Titans. :v: So if there's one good thing TTGO's continued existence is that it eventually brings work to Puffy AmiYumi.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
They're playing the original series in the early morning for the next two weeks.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The moral is that techno mixes of songs are evil.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Only a dirtbag like Robin would be portrayed as an opportunistic Steve Jobs type.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're showing the episode of original Teen Titans that they did the gag dub over and it actually hosed with me for a hot second.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Waffleman_ posted:

They're showing the episode of original Teen Titans that they did the gag dub over and it actually hosed with me for a hot second.
Even in the original series that episode was out of place and bad.

Also I should really post ITT way more often considering my username.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shitenshi posted:

Only a dirtbag like Robin would be portrayed as an opportunistic Steve Jobs type.

I was watching it with other people, several who had never seen it before, and they were completely taken aback at that point.

Show is good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AmiYumi posted:

Even in the original series that episode was out of place and bad.

Also I should really post ITT way more often considering my username.

Wasn't it the first episode?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
No the first one was the one where HIVE beats the Titans immediately* and take over the tower, then eventually at the end after the Titans get them back, they mention Slade hired them, and Robin asks "Who is Slade?", then the camera pans back to show Slade watching that clip over and over menacingly.

*as a kid I remember thinking "What? These heroes blow, dude" at that.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 3, 2017

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The episode where HIVE takes the tower was aired first.

Robin and Cyborg having teamwork trouble was the first episode in production and the official first episode of the series, but aired third.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I'm surprised they let Cee-Lo anywhere near a kid's show.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
New special has the chance to be really good if they both homage old comics and 1960s-70 era comics cartoons. This is what I've been waiting for ever since the books episode.

Next Friday, in the great hall of the Justice League!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 6, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
After seeing enough of 00s Titans in its original run, I think I can say that it and 70s TT aren't so different when it comes to being cheesy. Pretty similar actually.

I mean that dog and baby duo reminded me of Ding Dong Daddy and his gremlin crew from 00s TT. And they're undeniably silly.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 16, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/GregCipes/status/912466307018252289

UM

WHAT

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, they've occasionally done plots, so I guess I could see it?

Actually, the best joke might be to use the TTG style to do a completely sincere and serious action-comedy plot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they've presented Island Adventure and Night Begins To Shine as movies since their initial showings.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm not really sure how well they could fill 90 minutes with a single plot, but more importantly, I feel like the style itself wouldn't look very good on the big screen.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
My Little Pony is getting a movie so I guess studios are willing to risk putting simple designs of the big screen. Also Powerpuff Girls had a movie. They'll probably just add a gradient to make it look more expensive.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Time Warner will coerce theater chains to only run TTG the movie except a Monday midnight showing of Infinity war.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gaunab posted:

My Little Pony is getting a movie so I guess studios are willing to risk putting simple designs of the big screen. Also Powerpuff Girls had a movie. They'll probably just add a gradient to make it look more expensive.

MLP already had a feature movie already, I think, so they're most likely working on a second one.

Oh jeez, the PPG movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rugrats had 2.

And one had a circumcision joke.

E: Three. Forgot the Thornberries crossover.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Waffleman_ posted:

And one had a circumcision joke.

I remember this too well.

Say what you want about Rugrats, but I appreciate the show as an adult more than when I first used to watch it as a child.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, they've presented Island Adventure and Night Begins To Shine as movies since their initial showings.
Night begins to shine is a masterpiece.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

They'll probably just add a gradient to make it look more expensive.

Alright, I'm going to predict the plot of the TTG right now based on an idea from this post: The whole movie is about Robin trying to make a Teen Titans movie and shenanigans ensue.

Alternately I hope it takes that joke with the gag dub of the Trouble in Tokyo movie and goes all in. Redub the whole thing and edit in footage from episodes as needed, make the world's first abridged series movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One neat thing about original Teen Titans being back on is that you can realize just how many subtle references to it TTG has, like Starfire's arranged husband,

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

One neat thing about original Teen Titans being back on is that you can realize just how many subtle references to it TTG has, like Starfire's arranged husband,

These people like Teen Titans. You kind of have to appreciate it in the way GO does, because even cherry picking some of the better episodes, Teen Titans is not flawless. Its not the worst faux anime of the 2000s, and I can appreciate going back to a time where a show could at least have 22 minutes of development to stretch out action or plot, but you can definitely see where some of the gags that Go probably over uses at this point came from.

As for its film. Well, there's only one satirical angle they can tackle without stepping on Deadpool's toes too much, DC in general's handling of its comic book characters in film. From inter studio department back stabbing to hiring someone like Snyder to turn Teen Titans into something very dark and serious and full of lofty dialogue that you can easily slap onto a film trailer. Hell, they can easily get Affleck to voice batman while they let him do the dumb giggling with gordon. Its the absolute perfect target for a feature film.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, having seen the original TT now, I'm starting to realize just how goofy the haters are, but how dedicated Go can be to even showing the original a certain amount of respect. Control Freak's bringing back everyone to take on the Titans with the Island Adventures definitely seemed like an homage to the final battle with the Brotherhood of Evil. It's not an outright thing saying they were connected, but the two are so similar in design that you'd be hard-pressed to say otherwise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm honestly surprised Go hasn't done a riff on Spellbound and Raven's Bad Book Boyfriend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, a question that's kinda bugged me for a while: Was the term "Jump City" ever mentioned in the original series? I feel like it came up a lot in the fandom and stuff like fanfiction, but I don't think I remember the show ever specifying the city it took place in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it's from the comics based on the original show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm fairly certain they mentioned it when they had the episodes focused on the 'other' Titans (Aqualad, Mas y Menos, etc), but that was like late season stuff so it might have been in the comic first.

• Locked thread