Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Well if you saw the crash thread you know I wrecked the bandit, and myself. The Argentina GP is this weekend, Stop by if you want to watch. Bring your own snacks and drinks, with my right wrist and thumb sprained all to hell I'm not cooking much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
It's nice out and we all need to go riding. I'm feeling better, and by Sunday I'm hoping to be back to about 80% - 90%. Pecan Lodge opened up in Deep Ellum, and I've never eaten there. who want's to join me for lunch and possibly a cruise around White Rock Lake? It's calling for rain right now but I'm sure that'll shift a bit. If nothing else someone suggest something, though realize I've only got the Duke390 now and it has about 100mile range per tank (about 90 miles if we're caning it.)

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend :(

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Skreemer posted:

It's nice out and we all need to go riding. I'm feeling better, and by Sunday I'm hoping to be back to about 80% - 90%. Pecan Lodge opened up in Deep Ellum, and I've never eaten there. who want's to join me for lunch and possibly a cruise around White Rock Lake? It's calling for rain right now but I'm sure that'll shift a bit. If nothing else someone suggest something, though realize I've only got the Duke390 now and it has about 100mile range per tank (about 90 miles if we're caning it.)

Holy poo poo, I've been away and I missed out on the :gonk: and all. Hope you're feeling better and RIP Bandito. I've got nothing going on Sunday, but I've also only got the XT225 and obviously borrowing the Dook again doesn't look too likely. I'd be down to do something but it'd have to cater to the wee little trail bike. I'm out in Wylie, my bike may be a limiting factor but I haven't had poo poo to do for a good while.

Looked up Pecan Lodge and it sounds great (even if they don't have turkey :argh: ) and while that's a bit of a pilgrimage on that bike, I don't have any better ideas, I have no life, and I don't know poo poo about this town.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 12, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

solarNativity posted:

Holy poo poo, I've been away and I missed out on the :gonk: and all. Hope you're feeling better and RIP Bandito. I've got nothing going on Sunday, but I've also only got the XT225 and obviously borrowing the Dook again doesn't look too likely. I'd be down to do something but it'd have to cater to the wee little trail bike. I'm out in Wylie, my bike may be a limiting factor but I haven't had poo poo to do for a good while.

Looked up Pecan Lodge and it sounds great (even if they don't have turkey :argh: ) and while that's a bit of a pilgrimage on that bike, I don't have any better ideas, I have no life, and I don't know poo poo about this town.

hmmm My buddy went to China and left me his bonneville, I can ride that and let you ride the duke.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Skreemer posted:

hmmm My buddy went to China and left me his bonneville, I can ride that and let you ride the duke.

Works for me. When should I try to show up?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

solarNativity posted:

Works for me. When should I try to show up?

Between 10:30 and 11am works for me.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Woke up at about 11, getting closely acquainted with my bathroom and will probably be doing so for the near future. Sorry I didn't say something sooner!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

solarNativity posted:

Woke up at about 11, getting closely acquainted with my bathroom and will probably be doing so for the near future. Sorry I didn't say something sooner!

No worries, I went local to Lockhart's. Only a feww miles on the bike but it felt good to get out.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
So who wants to ride this Sunday? We'll end at my place and I'll cook up some food while watching MotoGP from earlier in the day.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
I might be up for it, assuming I get home from Boston properly on Friday.
My shoulder and back are finally healed up and I desperately want to take a nice ride.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nitrogen posted:

I might be up for it, assuming I get home from Boston properly on Friday.
My shoulder and back are finally healed up and I desperately want to take a nice ride.

Sorry to do this but I'm pulling out of Sunday. Someone is offering me a cut rate on a MotoGP ticket.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I just won tickets to the MotoGP race at COTA, probably 2 - still trying to find a second individual who can throw in on gas.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
solarNativity, when are you planning to go down? We've got one more seat in our car. We're planning on heading out early Saturday morning tho.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Well, now more like noon

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Thank you Kuffs for the weekend at the GP. It's always interesting when tagging along.

If anyone wants to buy my old wrecked Bandit, they have it on the COPART web site for 30$. It's the blue one.
https://www.copart.com/lot/26728317

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 25, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Weather is supposed to be nice out this Sunday, anyone up for a ride? (those of you not seeing Guardians of the Galaxy part2)

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm putting something together for my new work riding buddies but only one of them is showing up, looks like. I haven't finalized the route but we're probably gonna do McKinney to Denton via 455. Then to Decatur via back roads. Eat at Sweetie Pie's. And then maybe up to the wind farms? Haven't decided yet.

Goons are invited

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
What time you thinking of meeting in McKinney? I'm not sure what we have going on Sunday but I'd love to get out if I can.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Sounds like a plan. I'm in. Please excuse me tiny fuel tank.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Eh, we'll probably stop every hour so your 390 will be fine. Can't be any worse than the DRZ, right?.

Current plans are some time after noon. Sweetie pie's has great food, but we wanted to avoid the church rush. So my rough estimates plot us there sometime around 3 if we meet in McKinney after noon.

I'll get this plotted and posted tomorrow. That way we can plan a little better

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alright, this is what I've got https://trips.furkot.com/ts/slooTs

Leaving McKinney at noon this would put us in Denton at 5:25ish. The ride is 'done' at that point so I expect folks to find their way home via whatever means needed. (I'll still ride with whomever, I gotta get back home to Plano myself)

I don't like the fact that the ride starts with a short jaunt down 75 but whatever. Gotta fit it into the time alotted.

If anyone has any objections about that schedule, please let me know.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Ooh I need to try and get in on this one.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Looks good to me, see everyone there.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That's kickstands up at noon, friends. If you need gas we'll be meeting at that Quicktrip so show up early. Also allow for the 5 minutes we need to gently caress with our headsets.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Cool! I'm pretty sure I can make it to this one. I think I've been on this route with you guys once; I remember windmills, and the race track, but I've never been to Sweetie Pie's. Just Babe's.

If you only have to budget 5 minutes for Sena fuckery then you must have figured out the tricks. All I know how to do is play music through mine.

e: Well I misinterpreted the meeting time and missed everybody, so I'll just go do my own thing. Hope you guys have a great time.

Alceste fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 7, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Those that didn't go missed a good ride. We hit some traffic and a few dirt sections but nothing too crazy. drat fun time.

Sorry you missed us Alceste. When did you get there, we waited until 10 after noon and kicked off.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Caught my mistake before I left the house, but it was well after noon. Dumb error on my part. I actually followed most of your course though, just by myself. Got to enjoy the one lane / gravel / chipseal bullshit on 455 west of Sanger too.

Would have enjoyed everyone's company but I had myself a good ride anyway and I'm glad you all were safe. I saw a lot of emergency vehicles and heard many sirens today, and every time I hoped it wasn't any of you guys.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Not sure if anyone needs tools or whatnot, but here's some info:
I know the quality of the craftsman tools has gone to hell in the last few years, but SEARS in the "Gallery at Midtown" mall is going out of business.
There's still tools and tool boxes left, wrench sets, ratchet sets, mechanics sets, air compressors, all sorts of stuff. Most things were between 30% and 40% off.

If you need the address:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...96.806963?hl=en

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

Not sure if anyone needs tools or whatnot, but here's some info:
I know the quality of the craftsman tools has gone to hell in the last few years, but SEARS in the "Gallery at Midtown" mall is going out of business.
There's still tools and tool boxes left, wrench sets, ratchet sets, mechanics sets, air compressors, all sorts of stuff. Most things were between 30% and 40% off.

If you need the address:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...96.806963?hl=en

You ain't lyin' about Craftsman. I bought my 1/2" impact gun just a few months ago, and it is already broken. I do use it many times a day at work, but still unacceptable. So much for not spending tool truck prices, aargh.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Flint Ironstag posted:

You ain't lyin' about Craftsman. I bought my 1/2" impact gun just a few months ago, and it is already broken. I do use it many times a day at work, but still unacceptable. So much for not spending tool truck prices, aargh.

Not sure about the impact gun, but most craftsman hand tools has a no hassle walk in replacement policy. Replaced a couple of broken ratchets and sockets that way.

I bought the 6 piece 19volt tool set with 2 extra batteries and another charger for under 500$. ( ended up with 5 batteries and 2 chargers)
I'm thinking about getting the other 4 piece set as it has an angle grinder with it.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Somebody remind me. Next time I ride FM455, to start in Denton, not finish there. I was nice and cool today, until I hit the stop and go traffic.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I've been itching to go on a longer ride, and we haven't gotten together too much this year. Saturday 07/15/2017 I'm going to ride out East of Texas into Shreveport, North to Texarkana, and then back West to Dallas. It should be slightly longer than an "all day" ride. I will be simply using google maps and avoiding highways/tolls, and being on the Duke 390, it's not going to be a high speed run, both my top speed and fuel range prohibit that. According to google maps it should be a 9 hour ride. I figure with food and fuel stops it'll be closer to about 12 hours.

I know it's horrendously short notice, and the destinations are crappy, but if anyone wants to go, please let me know and I'll give you the starting details, the end is wide open.( I don't have to be back to work until Tuesday.)

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 14, 2017

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
That was a very long ride. The 390 held up well, my poor rear end, not so much. The seat on that thing is a freakin' plank of wood with a concrete cushion.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

That was a very long ride. The 390 held up well, my poor rear end, not so much. The seat on that thing is a freakin' plank of wood with a concrete cushion.

As someone who has ridden mostly super sports and yet also toured on them, a Corbin seat has been on nearly every bike. It was a lifesaver on my FZR1000. I swear, the stock seat on that thing could have used to torture information out of spies.

Even my ZX, which was already pretty comfortable, now has one.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Too drat hot, Moved the bike into the house:

Added a tail tidy kit to it.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 23, 2017

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

Too drat hot....

What are you talking about? I had a good ride today.

(Right up to the point I got back into town, and hit stop and go traffic. And got soaked in sweat.)

Good looking bike, btw, I keep thinking about doing that to mine.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Thought I'd post here in case any of y'all want it: there's an old Kawasaki KZ200 for sale at a thrift store in Greenville. Last registered in 1986, last started in 2011, no title, no keys. But only $$25 and looks really nice on the outside, at least. Might be a fun project if you want a UJM (I'd buy it as my first bike, it should be easy to get running, being an air-cooled single-cylinder, but I don't have the cash on hand/means to trailer it back home to Longview). Has parking permits from Tinker AFB on the fender, presumably the airman rode it home when he left the service and ... it somehow ended up in a thrift store, of all places.

I didn't think to take a picture, but same model and color as this one:

Corner Thrift Store on Wesley, it's on the left if you're coming from downtown, right if you passed a grocery store or three on your way in.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Hats off to Jim at Cycle Gear in Plano. I realized I cracked the Sena base plate on my helmet. I went in there looking to purchase a replacement, instead Jim went in the back and pulled one of extra base plates out and simply gave it to me in exchange for the cracked one. I even told him he was swapping an old smh10 base plate for a new 10s base plate, he let it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Great weather today. Please tell me someone got in some good riding. I got in two good rides.

The ride into work and the ride home. Ugh. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

• Locked thread