Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'll be happy to host. I'll be ready at like 1300 local, so show up whenever you're comfortable.

PM me for an address or hit up the<my username>at gmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Speaking of races. Any of you guys going to Austin for the race?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

Speaking of races. Any of you guys going to Austin for the race?

I already have my tickets and hotel space .

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I want to go, but I'll be in Canada for a conference.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm ready to rock, dudes. Got some beer, cheese, and other snacks. Come on over and hang out, even if you don't care about MotoGP.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
drat good race as an introduction to the series. Thank you for Hosting Kuffs. Watching the races on my 24" monitor is never fun.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
np dood, I'm happy to do so. I learned a lot about the series today :).

I'd like to host the Argentine race as well, but I'm moving around that time, so it could be iffy.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

kuffs posted:

np dood, I'm happy to do so. I learned a lot about the series today :).

I'd like to host the Argentine race as well, but I'm moving around that time, so it could be iffy.

Aside form the bikes I own a truck, if you need a hand just let me know.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
My PR4s come in tomorrow! I'll be on new tires and pipes for the season. March has been a good month.

Weathers starting to pick up again, anyone feeling like a scoot around the town here in the next week or two?

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
Im riding in from Denton Sunday morning, around midnight after work. Anyone know of a place to crash???

Edit: to COA, that is.

motorocker fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 26, 2014

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Padre Scout,

I'm up for a ride, just let me look at what the schedule is going to be like, either this weekend or next weekend I'm supposed to ride up to Branson Missouri.

motorocker,

What kind of accommodations are you looking for?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Probably not going to be this weekend after all. My tires got shipped to the wrong place by FedEx and I have a new lease of machines coming in tomorrow I'll have to sort over the weekend. Next weekend for realsies?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

Probably not going to be this weekend after all. My tires got shipped to the wrong place by FedEx and I have a new lease of machines coming in tomorrow I'll have to sort over the weekend. Next weekend for realsies?

That works for me. See you then.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Is anyone else, by chance, going out this weekend? I am approaching that extremely rare convergence point once again where I don't have anyone visiting, I don't have to work, I don't have any house or yard projects to do, and the weather should be good. Should.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I'm going to be sitting around the BMW house getting my rear end hosed for a set of tires. loving 150 bucks to mount two tires. loving assholes.

Afterwards I hope to ride a little, but I got to inventory and warm up 35 new machines so I won't get to take a proper ride.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
That sucks dude. That's beyond ridiculous just for TWO tires. I spent an entire Saturday mounting my tires the first time I tried it, before I learned the tricks, which sucked, but I'd still rather do that than pay that much. This was just mounting PR2's for a 2000 SV650 though, so probably a lot less risk involved. Ghetto as hell, too--my bead breaker was the 12" C-clamp I use for brake jobs and my tire mounting rack was a pair of cinder blocks with a lovely old towel draped over them. I balanced them with an ounce of Airsoft pellets in each tire. :downs:

Still, I hate dealing with tires in general, both on bikes and cars.

I might just go putter around by myself out east like I used to do. These opportunities come up so rarely that I'd hate myself for wasting one.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
If you end up out west, I'm doing an HPDE in Cresson, TX. Come stop by and see the sights!

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

Skreemer posted:

Padre Scout,

I'm up for a ride, just let me look at what the schedule is going to be like, either this weekend or next weekend I'm supposed to ride up to Branson Missouri.

motorocker,

What kind of accommodations are you looking for?

Just the standard free fare, butler passed champagne and hors d'oeuvres, concierge, continental breakfast and a straw bed in a box car. Actually I think I'm gonna camp out down there in Austin on race weekend, but If anyone wants to drink some beer and shoot the poo poo, hit me up. I don't know anyone there.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I'm pretty excited for the races. I'm meeting my father in Lockhart and we are gunna just... watch the hell out of some races.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

motorocker posted:

Just the standard free fare, butler passed champagne and hors d'oeuvres, concierge, continental breakfast and a straw bed in a box car. Actually I think I'm gonna camp out down there in Austin on race weekend, but If anyone wants to drink some beer and shoot the poo poo, hit me up. I don't know anyone there.

Keep an eye on the race thread, there's tent spots at the circuit supposedly though I think those are going for 30$ a pop... Keep an eye on the racing thread, supposedly there's going to be a meet up.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat
Ha! 30 bucks a pop, I will stay in a motel in Waco. What is this, LA? I think I know of a free place to sleep by the track. Beautiful place, the Hill Country. Hope I dont get drenched by stupid Texas April poo poo storms.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Holy poo poo. That Saxby's by my house closed.

What will Padre do?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

Holy poo poo. That Saxby's by my house closed.

What will Padre do?

No poo poo? The baristas there were drat cute too. There's another coffee/pastry shop just a block or so north on Midway:
iheart Kolaches
13901 Midway Rd
Dallas, TX 75244

There's always the Starbucks for overpriced burnt roast too.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Hey Kuffs, what bluetooth system do you use when you ride? I've been looking at the Sena SMH-10 systems.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That's exactly what I have. The user interface is just spectacular. Battery lasts me a good two weeks of commuting with music. Speakers could be a little nicer on the low end at higher volume levels, but I can cope.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

kuffs posted:

That's exactly what I have. The user interface is just spectacular. Battery lasts me a good two weeks of commuting with music. Speakers could be a little nicer on the low end at higher volume levels, but I can cope.

Cool, now to see if the wmj-20 systems are coming out any time soon. And to figure out how to get everything onto my iPhone without iTunes trying to take over my library of lovely music.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
This rain and cold weather can suck it. I needed some fair weather for a shakedown ride before the races this coming weekend.

Guess I may have to go get a new set of Frog Toggs.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

This rain and cold weather can suck it. I needed some fair weather for a shakedown ride before the races this coming weekend.

Guess I may have to go get a new set of Frog Toggs.

Bypass the frog toggs and go to walmart and buy a cheap set of nylon rain gear. Just make sure it's not rubberized on the outside.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I'm off in about an hour. Looks like I will be at T15 as well- so maybe we'll run into each other! Ride safe and enjoy the races, gents!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

I'm off in about an hour. Looks like I will be at T15 as well- so maybe we'll run into each other! Ride safe and enjoy the races, gents!

Picked you right out of the crowd. That roof helmet is too noticeable.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
How was your ride back Padre Scout? I got up early to get out and it started pouring out. Then came the hail and lightning and all. I said "Screw this." and waited until almost noon before I got on the road. Once I got on the highway I thought I was going to get blown off the back of the bike. The headwind was crazy, I was actually losing 4 - 5 MPG on the bike fighting the wind.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Skreemer posted:

How was your ride back Padre Scout? I got up early to get out and it started pouring out. Then came the hail and lightning and all. I said "Screw this." and waited until almost noon before I got on the road. Once I got on the highway I thought I was going to get blown off the back of the bike. The headwind was crazy, I was actually losing 4 - 5 MPG on the bike fighting the wind.

I blew out on Sunday. Our seats were loving terrible, so me and the old man decided that we'd do better next year and get the gently caress out of Dodge while the getting was good.

To which end I got caught in a pretty severe storm in Waxahachie for an hour or two. Time kind of gets weird when you're soaked to the bone and standing around a little gas station with an attendant that doesn't speak English. But After the initial monsoon I managed to haul rear end up a gap in the clouds and made it back home without any more life threatening weather events.

Did inspire me to get a new helmet. Mine would spit water through the face vents onto my glasses and the inside of the visor. It got ugly there for a while, but I finally got it sorted with the visor just cracked open a hair - that way nothing fogged up but my glasses stayed dryish.

Rain stings like a motherfucker at 75 though.

I decided I'm meant to run around tracks though, so I'm currently blowing my polestar mapping money I've been saving for the meatball machine on new track compliant gauntlets (Held Phantoms) and a new lid ( Arai Signet Q). I'm hoping to make the Eagle Canyon RideSmart session here in June. Should be a hoot.

edit: gently caress! Also should have dragged you over to the parking lot to hear the Triumphs new pipes. I'm pretty happy with them.

extra edit: Who was the woman with you? New girlfriend?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

I blew out on Sunday. Our seats were loving terrible, so me and the old man decided that we'd do better next year and get the gently caress out of Dodge while the getting was good.

To which end I got caught in a pretty severe storm in Waxahachie for an hour or two. Time kind of gets weird when you're soaked to the bone and standing around a little gas station with an attendant that doesn't speak English. But After the initial monsoon I managed to haul rear end up a gap in the clouds and made it back home without any more life threatening weather events.

Did inspire me to get a new helmet. Mine would spit water through the face vents onto my glasses and the inside of the visor. It got ugly there for a while, but I finally got it sorted with the visor just cracked open a hair - that way nothing fogged up but my glasses stayed dryish.

Rain stings like a motherfucker at 75 though.

I decided I'm meant to run around tracks though, so I'm currently blowing my polestar mapping money I've been saving for the meatball machine on new track compliant gauntlets (Held Phantoms) and a new lid ( Arai Signet Q). I'm hoping to make the Eagle Canyon RideSmart session here in June. Should be a hoot.

edit: gently caress! Also should have dragged you over to the parking lot to hear the Triumphs new pipes. I'm pretty happy with them.

extra edit: Who was the woman with you? New girlfriend?

What didn't you like about your seats? Where I was I could see the whole cornering complex on our end, though I wish I was about 10 or so rows higher so I could get pictures over the fence instead of through it.

Ha god no, that was my cousin. She's interested in bikes and racing but is a poor college student. With some of the things she's been through I try to help her out when I'm able to.

You're close by, let's get another ride going.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

Skreemer posted:

What didn't you like about your seats? Where I was I could see the whole cornering complex on our end, though I wish I was about 10 or so rows higher so I could get pictures over the fence instead of through it.

Ha god no, that was my cousin. She's interested in bikes and racing but is a poor college student. With some of the things she's been through I try to help her out when I'm able to.

You're close by, let's get another ride going.

Our seats were in Row 1. loving worst seats ever, couldn't see guys coming in from the straight, just saw them after the first left and then two turns where you had to head track the poo poo out of them to even keep up. Felt like I was shaking me head "no" for 45 minutes during qualifying.

Super crap seats.

Yeah! We should ride some. Riding is awesome!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I *might* be able to get out of the house on Saturday. I'd really like to take a trip up to Tulsa and get in on some of the Tulsa Beer Week http://www.tulsacraftbeerweek.com/. I've got a friend up there that would probably come hang out.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Padre Scout:

I was hip to that, I bought the cheapest seats as high as I could get them. We were only in row 6 but they were good enough to see much of the track.

Kuffs:

poo poo as long as we left around 10am I'm game. It's only a 4 hour run.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Motoliberty is having another shindig. I am compelled to go and see if I can find anything to spend my money on. One day I'm going to find a pair of city riding boots that fit right.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

PadreScout posted:

Motoliberty is having another shindig. I am compelled to go and see if I can find anything to spend my money on. One day I'm going to find a pair of city riding boots that fit right.

I'm going up there to pick up a more summer-weather appropriate jacket, maybe some gloves. Didn't actually know there was a sale though, that'll be nice.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Bah, there's a grand finale party for TBW but the tickets are all sold out. But it looks like I'm actually free tomorrow so I'll want to ride anyway. Got any routes you wanna try out? Maybe we should meet at Moto Liberty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah! I'd like to go for a ride. I kind of want to check out lakes. I don't think we've done NW DFW area yet, wanna try that?

• Locked thread