Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Great weather today. Please tell me someone got in some good riding. I got in two good rides.

The ride into work and the ride home. Ugh. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Typical Sunday for me when not going on a group ride. Get as many chores done as possible. This includes multiple trips to the grocery store. Not one place has everything, and the Duke 390 can only carry so much.
I'm seriously thinking of getting a set of blaze saddle bags for it. I've just about reduced my truck usage to once or twice a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

Typical Sunday for me when not going on a group ride. Get as many chores done as possible. This includes multiple trips to the grocery store. Not one place has everything, and the Duke 390 can only carry so much.
I'm seriously thinking of getting a set of blaze saddle bags for it. I've just about reduced my truck usage to once or twice a week.

I have a set of Motocentric bags for my ZX, and a Givi tank bag. And a backpack for work days. Except for really bad weather, or exceptionally loaded down trips, my Accord just sits around, bored.

Anybody off tomorrow? I need to do a fun ride, and am looking for an interesting route.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
It's supposed to be hot and humid tomorrow, with a fair to decent chance of rain. If anyone wants to swap lies and watch MotoGP, let me know. I have the online subscription and a grill. Supply your own beer though, I don't drink alcohol.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Once again, forecast is supposed to be 93 with a 60% - 70% chance of rain. Austrian GP is going this weekend. If you've gt nothing better to do, roll on over around 11am. Bring your own beer, I'll supply the brats.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Harvey is going to poo poo all over us this weekend, and again it's MotoGP weekend. If anyone wants a destination to hole up have brats and watch racing, let me know.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
If any of you ride in the Flower Mound/Lewisville area, FM3040 specifically, during the evening commute, be sure to wave to a guy on a giant green & bling Harley. He scoffed at me, but, since we we both at the front of the next light, I went nuts with my waving while in the next lane at the red. "Hi!!!! How are you?!? Why won't you wave back?!?" while waving like a moron. He seemed a bit, um, confused and just stared straight ahead, with side glances at the crazy man on the red ZX.

I accidentally deleted the vid before I could upload it to Youtube, oops.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Flint Ironstag posted:

If any of you ride in the Flower Mound/Lewisville area, FM3040 specifically, during the evening commute, be sure to wave to a guy on a giant green & bling Harley. He scoffed at me, but, since we we both at the front of the next light, I went nuts with my waving while in the next lane at the red. "Hi!!!! How are you?!? Why won't you wave back?!?" while waving like a moron. He seemed a bit, um, confused and just stared straight ahead, with side glances at the crazy man on the red ZX.

I accidentally deleted the vid before I could upload it to Youtube, oops.

I do the same thing at stoplights too. Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

I do the same thing at stoplights too. Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

Late response, but do you mean tomorrow? I have a rare Saturday off.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I have Sundays off. Though I might be up for something late afternoon Saturday.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Asking here first. Does anyone want a KTM/RedBull PitCrew shirt? Because of wacky Euro/Japanese sizing I new to "try it out" so I bought and XXL and an XXXL. While I'm not skinny, I'm not huge either and generally XXL stuff fits a touch roomy. The XXXL shirt drat near feels like a fitted shirt. Hell the Suzuki one I have in XXL is roomier.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Yo, my dad went KTM crazy since you last saw him. He's bringing 3 of them to fill my garage with. I'd like to give it to him.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I'm in trouble. Today I went into a BMW dealer and put money down on a 2018 BMW S1000XR Motorrad edition.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Noooooiice! One of us! One of us!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Any rides this weekend?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Beautiful weather, but I’m busy

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I think I have something lined up. I'll bug everyone again next weekend.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Kuffs, let me know when you have time or send me a text, I have new tires for the KTM and need to get them swapped out.

Let me know what the beer tax is and I'll wander by.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Big party/sale at motoliberty today.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Holy gently caress dude, where you been?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I've had a hell of a last couple years. Long story - but hopefully I'm around more.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

PadreScout posted:

I've had a hell of a last couple years. Long story - but hopefully I'm around more.

Good meeting you again sir. The Griso is still looking beautiful. Best of luck for the near future endeavors.

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015
Moto jack is gone.

chicagobutters fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 9, 2018

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Skreemer posted:

I'm in trouble. Today I went into a BMW dealer and put money down on a 2018 BMW S1000XR Motorrad edition.

Ahahahaha bring the noise you won’t be mad at all.

XRs rule, GSses drool, etc.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

chicagobutters posted:

Would anyone like a Craftsman jack, 1500lb rating? It worked great on my DRZ when I had it... but purchased a VFR800 and got a Pit Bull stand for that.

I’ll give it away for a donation to a charity of your choice (amount up to you). It worked great when I used it last in April of this year, see below, and comes with the straps for tie down. You would need to pick it up and it’ll either be in downtown or 15 miles of downtown, I’m in the process of moving.

Please don’t take it if you’re looking to resell & make a quick :10bux:, I could do that.

I'm out of town, but the herd of dirtbikes in Kuffs' garage the last time I was there, seems like he might be able to get a use out of it.

Z3n posted:

Ahahahaha bring the noise you won’t be mad at all.

XRs rule, GSses drool, etc.

That's the plan, unfortunately the dealer is telling me I won't see it until February. I'll be using it to replace the Bandit 1250 I used as a sports tourer.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Is anyone going to the Motorcycle show this year? February 2nd through 4th.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I will, as long as my schedule allows. I’ve got some other stuff up in the air that I still don’t have final dates on.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I'm going to the show tomorrow at 10:00am. If anyone is going and wants to hook up for lunch. let me know.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
No yamaha, no ktm, no ducati, and only a little pop up tent space for triumph. About half the space for the little vendor booths. This year is a bit of a bust.

Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley, Indian, Royal Enfield, BMW, Honda, and MV Agusta.

Nothing new for suzuki, the 400 kawasaki was cool but weirdly prproportioned. MV had a drag 800 that was cool looking. The Harley fat bob was cool but i put my feet on the passenger pegs. If the controls were there i would like it better.

Got to talk with Kevin Schwantz. Saw a very abbreviated stunt show.

It's a solid pass this year unless you have something really specific you would like to see.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 3, 2018

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

No yamaha, no ktm, no ducati, and only a little pop up tent space for triumph. About half the space for the little vendor booths. This year is a bit of a bust.

Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley, Indian, Royal Enfield, BMW, Honda, and MV Agusta.

Nothing new for suzuki, the 400 kawasaki was cool but weirdly prproportioned. MV had a drag 800 that was cool looking. The Harley fat bob was cool but i put my feet on the passenger pegs. If the controls were there i would like it better.

Got to talk with Kevin Schwantz. Saw a very abbreviated stunt show.

It's a solid pass this year unless you have something really specific you would like to see.

Had I known Kevin Schwantz was going to be there, I would have taken the day off of work and brought down my old Arai Signet Schwantz replica helmet I wore for several years to see if he would autograph it. Shuddap, I'm old.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Had I known Kevin Schwantz was going to be there, I would have taken the day off of work and brought down my old Arai Signet Schwantz replica helmet I wore for several years to see if he would autograph it. Shuddap, I'm old.

If there is a bike event and Circuit of the Americas is being promoted, Kevin Schwantz will more than likely be there signing autographs and telling stories.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Skreemer posted:

If there is a bike event and Circuit of the Americas is being promoted, Kevin Schwantz will more than likely be there signing autographs and telling stories.

(Slow response is slow, sorry.)

Ah, good to know. Now, all I have to do is get back on my bike. Protect your rotator cuff, damaging one is no fun.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Flint Ironstag posted:

(Slow response is slow, sorry.)

Ah, good to know. Now, all I have to do is get back on my bike. Protect your rotator cuff, damaging one is no fun.

I've had 4 surgeries on my knees before I was out of high school... I say the same thing about them.

And drat this fickle weather. The ride in tonight was poo poo as the road had that, it's wet and slick from a 10 - 15 minute drizzle thing going on. Just enough dampness to bring the oil and crud to the surface.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
And there goes the dream of owning the s1000xr. Had an engineer come to the house yesterday afternoon to find out that the middle of the house is falling in and I need about 10K in work done to get the foundation put back into order. Oh the joys of home ownership.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Ugh, I am so sorry dude

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Consolation prize, MotoGP opener is this weekend. I'm inviting folks over. Brats/burgers are on me, bring your own snacks and adult beverages.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I love that little KTM Duke 390 to death, but that rear tire is a freaking nail/whatever magnet. This will be the 4th rear tire I've had on the bike.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
The weather has been awesome lately. I've ben trucking out to east texas for day trips- lots of good riding out that way. This summer is going to be great!

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Anyone else make it out that moto chicken bike meet they had? It was nice, lots of interesting machines. I did not eat, but the place smelled good- so I'm thinking this weekend I might have to go eat some chicken.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I’ll be making my way to the race. But I can confirm that Chicken Moto is good eats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I didn't know of the Moto Chicken event... I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I wish I had the time this year to go to the MotoGP race down in Austin.

• Locked thread