Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I want to go, but I'll be in Canada for a conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm ready to rock, dudes. Got some beer, cheese, and other snacks. Come on over and hang out, even if you don't care about MotoGP.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
np dood, I'm happy to do so. I learned a lot about the series today :).

I'd like to host the Argentine race as well, but I'm moving around that time, so it could be iffy.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
If you end up out west, I'm doing an HPDE in Cresson, TX. Come stop by and see the sights!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That's exactly what I have. The user interface is just spectacular. Battery lasts me a good two weeks of commuting with music. Speakers could be a little nicer on the low end at higher volume levels, but I can cope.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I *might* be able to get out of the house on Saturday. I'd really like to take a trip up to Tulsa and get in on some of the Tulsa Beer Week http://www.tulsacraftbeerweek.com/. I've got a friend up there that would probably come hang out.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Bah, there's a grand finale party for TBW but the tickets are all sold out. But it looks like I'm actually free tomorrow so I'll want to ride anyway. Got any routes you wanna try out? Maybe we should meet at Moto Liberty?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm down for doing NW Dallas. I know we were looking at some kind of loop near Denton last time we were trying to plan something.

Grapevine lake seems a little promising. Might be better now that it's springtime and things are starting to grow. I've done the lower part of Lewisville lake in the fall and it was fine, but not amazing. Might be better with more greenery.

Let's plan to be at Motoliberty when the event starts: 10am.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Skreemer what happen?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Ugh, there was some kind of accident *just* as I was getting off of DNT to George Bush. Spent a good 15 minutes in gridlock while emergency crews got people sorted.

I had a great time with you dudes. Hopefully I can get my house sorted well enough that we can do MotoGP at my place next weekend.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I just got FIOS installed at my new place and will be spending Saturday getting moved in.

Let's do my new place.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Finished moving. Will be ready tomorrow.. Please pm me or send an email to "the <my username>" at the gee mails. Let's do noon so I can be sure to be ready.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm gonna be in Austin to support one of my friends running with PCA

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm checking to see if I have plans already. I'm down if not.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Yep I'm free. Wanna do noon at my place again?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
No doubt! I'm happy you knew what you were doing M Night Skymall.

Pics from the afternoon (click for big):

And yes, we should try to put together a group ride next weekend. Anyone down for going to check out Revolver Brewing in Granbury? I was in the area last weekend and there's a ton of beautiful country with great winding hilly roads.

Also, Skreemer, here's a 2009 with Givi bags: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978835

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Revolver brewing tours are only open on Saturdays. I'd be happy to shift that destination to the 31st if it meant more people could come.

My only concern about riding this Sunday is the threat of inclement weather. Forecasters can't seem to decide if it's gonna rain Sunday or Monday. I have wet weather gear, I just don't know about the rest of you.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Edit: got out for a bit this afternoon, I feel a lot better. Are we still on for tomorrow?

kuffs fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 24, 2014

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Let's meet at Moto Liberty and plan to leave there at 11am. Revolver opens at noon, but the tour doesn't start until 1:30PM. Here's hoping that Padre can his appliances before then!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Looks like we've got a 40% chance of rain starting at around 3:00. Probably gonna end up wearing my rain gear.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Yeah, sorry for the regular bungles with navigation. I have a bike GPS now, but the mount just hasn't arrived yet. We'll be much better off the next time.

Skreemer, you need an Sena kit so that we can do proper intercom on our rides.

I think the area is really really pretty, and the roads seem better overall (except for that dirt road excursion). And that's just a small slice of that area there!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

M. Night Skymall posted:

That was my first time riding in the rain, the visibility is awful. I was slowly convincing myself in my head that I should make my next(immediate) purchase a better helmet with one of those pinlock visor things so it didn't fog up, but apparently you guys couldn't see poo poo either so it doesn't matter.

Actually, I could see fine. I don't know if my visor has a special treatment or what, but water beads off of it pretty easily. And I have a wiper on my wet weather gloves.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I've taken the Franconia tour before. The guy that owns the place is a German immigrant that brews according to German purity laws. So, as a result, the beer is pretty straightforward.

The tour was nice though. He's a funny and passionate guy.

I took a ride with some ADVrider guys on Sunday and learned a few new routes. I've got a treat for you dudes if you feel like hauling yourselves a bit west. FM 4 features *actual* canyons. Yes, canyons in North Texas. We ended up on the same highways I took you guys on Saturday at the end of the day. Ended up having barbeque at a biker / country joint outside Glen Rose. The food was 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. But it was fine for taking a break and preparing for the ride home.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

PadreScout posted:

Also, hey Kuffs, whatd you do for the neck curtian on your Signet when mounted the Sena?

You're talking about the cloth neck curtain? It's just moved out of the way slightly to get the clamp in there. I can post pictures later.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I don't know, I need to make it out west again this weekend and we've got 50% rain booked for Saturday.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alceste, you down? Anyone got any requests for routes?

I have a pretty drat good GPS now so hopefully I won't be calling unecessary breaks or near-accidents. (soz M. Night Skymall) :shobon:

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I had to basically emergency install a new tire on my ride. It was getting pretty flat, nearly cupped. F800riders.org apparently hates the stock tires and I'm an outlier for even coaxing 5500 miles out of them.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I only bought a rear, front isn't due for a while. I ended up with a Pirelli Angel GT. Reports of really good grip and about 11k miles on my bike.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Anyone wanna name a meetup place? Special requests for routes?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
As a warning, if we do FM4 it may be a bit of a trek. It starts in Jacksboro

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That looks about right. We should probably meet in grapevine or Fort Worth. Maybe a donut shop or something?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Skreemer, you're usually off at 10am, right?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Let's meet at the Dunkin donuts at Alpha and Preston. 10:30am sound good?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Well, we're going to go check out FM4 tomorrow. (The route that M Night Skymall linked.) I'm sure it won't be as amazing as the mountains of California, but it features actual twisties and some pretty fantastic scenery. You're welcome to come along if you want.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Shiiit, totally forgot to take the obligatory group shots.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
You guys wanna try an Austin ride sometime? Since Skreemer doesn't work Sundays we have the potential to roll out here at like 7~8am and make it down to Austin by 11ish. Might be pretty fun to roll some *actual* hills and twisties.

edit: not pictured in either of those: me

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
M. Night Skymall, there's a US-10 for sale in this guy's thread for $65 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982666

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I like that option as it's bound to be cooler than any trek down to Austin. Plus, Skreemer doesn't seem to be too afraid of miles so he should be down. Bonus being that it will perfectly put my bike at its intended maintenance interval.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Are we trying to book this for the 8th then?

I think that getting out to 271 can't be any worse than our trek out to Jacksboro yesterday. I'd like to see a different route back if everyone is cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm down with that. Plenty of options for optimizing for speed (I-30) or entertainment via the backroads.

I'm pretty excited, I haven't actually been that far east in Texas.

• Locked thread