Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Holy dick! Woody's Wheel Works gave me an estimate of $40 +ship to fix the rim. Obviously that doesn't include repainting it, but it's not like it's gonna rust. This is turning out to be a bit less awful of a mistake. And I know WWW will take care of me. They're the BMW wheel experts. Tons of good experiences on advrider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Awesome. I dropped the wheel off at woody's yesterday. I won't be back in town until Friday evening. You're welcome to drop things off during the weekend, just shoot me a text first.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alright. Managed to get the front tire mounted without issue. Rear is still not cooperating. Gonna use my propane space heater as a makeshift tire warmer and see if that makes life easier.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Yeah, it's just a super stiff touring tire. I put it in front of my propane heater for a while to get it pliable. Maybe if I had used actual track warmers it would be better. But I still ended up needing to finish it with spoons.

It's all back together now. I think I didn't tighten down the valve core enough when I put the rear back together so it wasn't at pressure when I test rode. I tightened it down and re-filled it so we'll see in he morning. The important part is that I didn't ruin either of the TPMS sensors.

The thin spoons you gave me are really awesome, btw.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Did another test ride this morning. Looks like everything is working great.

Let it be now known: I have a tire changer and actually know how to use it.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Either that or rearsets. Probably not super comfy on the road then.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Unfortunately I'll be out of town this weekend :(

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
solarNativity, when are you planning to go down? We've got one more seat in our car. We're planning on heading out early Saturday morning tho.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Well, now more like noon

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I'm putting something together for my new work riding buddies but only one of them is showing up, looks like. I haven't finalized the route but we're probably gonna do McKinney to Denton via 455. Then to Decatur via back roads. Eat at Sweetie Pie's. And then maybe up to the wind farms? Haven't decided yet.

Goons are invited

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Eh, we'll probably stop every hour so your 390 will be fine. Can't be any worse than the DRZ, right?.

Current plans are some time after noon. Sweetie pie's has great food, but we wanted to avoid the church rush. So my rough estimates plot us there sometime around 3 if we meet in McKinney after noon.

I'll get this plotted and posted tomorrow. That way we can plan a little better

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Alright, this is what I've got https://trips.furkot.com/ts/slooTs

Leaving McKinney at noon this would put us in Denton at 5:25ish. The ride is 'done' at that point so I expect folks to find their way home via whatever means needed. (I'll still ride with whomever, I gotta get back home to Plano myself)

I don't like the fact that the ride starts with a short jaunt down 75 but whatever. Gotta fit it into the time alotted.

If anyone has any objections about that schedule, please let me know.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
That's kickstands up at noon, friends. If you need gas we'll be meeting at that Quicktrip so show up early. Also allow for the 5 minutes we need to gently caress with our headsets.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Yo, my dad went KTM crazy since you last saw him. He's bringing 3 of them to fill my garage with. I'd like to give it to him.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Noooooiice! One of us! One of us!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Beautiful weather, but I’m busy

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I will, as long as my schedule allows. I’ve got some other stuff up in the air that I still don’t have final dates on.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Ugh, I am so sorry dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I’ll be making my way to the race. But I can confirm that Chicken Moto is good eats!

• Locked thread