Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I feel like the "push on the outside grip to hold the bike straight" thing is really dumb. If you're holding the bike upright, that means you're introducing another input somewhere else. And unless you're really aggressive with your stomping on the pegs, shifting your body on the bike isn't going to change the direction of the bike unless you're inducing a countersteering motion, so it sounds like his entire technique revolves around compensating for a bad habit (unwanted introduction of steering inputs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The only thing you need to scrub off is the smooth, un-textured surface on the tires - it does reduce available grip. The track argument is legit, but most tracks are far more abrasive than the street, and you can apply a lot of throttle and braking while progressively working up lean angle in a way that's difficult to do on the street. If you work up to it, warm the tires up nicely with a lot of upright braking and accelerating, and lean progressively, it's easy to break in them in with about 20 miles of street/city riding, or a run up a nice twisty road with progressively more lean on each corner, so you're never on fresh tire while leaned over all at once.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

For mounting the sena, you can remove the piece on the bottom of the helmet that the wires are going over and stash them under it. Will prevent them from snagging and protect them a bit better.

The suomy chin skirt will also drastically cut down wind noise for anyone you're talking to.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dyna beads are bullshit, don't bother.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Long tire irons aren't gonna help you with that. If you need more force than you can put in with a 12 inch tire iron, you're missing one of the following - either not enough lube, the tire isn't in the drop center, or you're trying to lever too much tire over the rim at once.

I have a big set of woodworking clamps to act as a second hand/help compress the tire into the drop center. The downside is they eat up some of the slack in the tire you need to use to lever the tire over the rim, so don't over-compress the tire with them or you end up back in the same boat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ahh, understandable. My technique with TPS setups is to start spooning the tire over the rim at the sensor - it should be pretty easy to get the tire in the drop center, around the TPS, and once you start working your way around, the tire is pretty locked in place and it's not really possible for it to move up or down and damage the sensor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Skreemer posted:

I'm in trouble. Today I went into a BMW dealer and put money down on a 2018 BMW S1000XR Motorrad edition.

Ahahahaha bring the noise you won’t be mad at all.

XRs rule, GSses drool, etc.

• Locked thread