Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Tried downloading misery 2.0.2 and the patch here, but the game crashes with some xray engine error at the end of the loading screen when I go to start a new game. The title screen suggests everything was installed correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

What are some fun alternate ways to play stalker? I seem to gravitate too much towards the Vintorez in all the stalker games. The Tide in CoP is particularly brutal. I've hardly even used the G36, even though people say it is the uber-gun. My progression is usually something like (startingGun)->Abakan->Vintorez.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, I usually try to avoid duke-it-out firefights as much as possible, as getting shot in the head tends to end you pretty fast. I don't know if that is because I play on the hardest difficulty, or because I rarely wear exoskeleton armor. I usually end up running around in a SEVA suit and headshotting with a Vintorez. Normally a shotgun for anti-mutant backup.

Wonder how far I could get with just pistol/smg/shotgun, or with LMGs.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

It really is quite good looking. It makes the zone feel more like wilderness than a wasteland. There are a bunch of nature sounds like crickets, birds, wolves, woodpeckers, and such. It is easy for bodies and other loot to get lost in the grass though.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I really miss these games, and wish we could have gotten some more sequels. I loved creeping around in abandoned factories with a vintorez and a shotgun, ready to face and mutants or bandits that reared their heads.

The vintorez was for sure my favorite weapon throughout the games. It just feels so thematic The Tide in CoP was a monster, and was often my weapon of choice.