Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Hey Ddraig, the FOV Fixer link in the CoP section is dead.

I uploaded it for my mod awhile ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qg6evnalr5m4wrs/fov_switcher_v17.7z

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I'm looking at playing CoP again and I've never really made it past the first map. Is Complete worth installing? I'm looking to use Atmosfear 3 but don't really know anything else to bother with. Should I just go clean-ish?
Complete is over hyped nonsense. Atmosfear 3 and the sound overhaul is all you should use for a first-ish play through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

For anyone interested I released my mod on moddb. http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

E-Tank posted:

I'd love to have this mod, but I cannot figure out how to set up the fixed scope/binocular textures. It just ends up being off to the right. Though that might be the fact that I took three different pills and then got exposed to a chemical anomaly. :catdrugs:

Can anybody help me figure it out?

I'm using 1600 x 900 and currently futzing with the FOV changer to hopefully find the magic number.
Try this 16x9 patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4w4beafv0f4554q/DX10%20-%2016x9.zip

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 28, 2013

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

E-Tank posted:

Okay, It seems to be working now. Thanks, You might want to do something about the 'patch' that I downloaded doing gently caress all though.

Also, for some reason Russian has apparently overtaken the english language. I'd be fine with this, but the designers apparently never thought to add subtitles. :argh: I deleted the Bin and checked the integrity so I could redownload it, but no go.
Russian language is part of the mod. Many people are just sick of the corny English voice acting. You can have howdy ho back by deleting the characters_voice folder in gamedata/sounds. Because you deleted the bin folder you now need to run the FOV changer and set the FOV to 85 again.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Did they replace the lovely weapon models?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Swartz posted:

Autumn Aurora 2 for SOC has been released and it's a really nice mod (I'm about 2 hours into it so far).
Anyone with steam get this mod to work? It seems you're SOL with the steam version.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Missing Name posted:

Are you nuts, that's not far enough. Replace all humans with Sid and then substitute in the Controller or Pseudogiant model for the women.

HOWDY HO can stay, though.
Replace the Controller with Hawaiian. Aaloooooha! *Psi Attack!* *Dead* Drop in some time it can be fun around here!

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

You need the 1.2 patch, that addressed the merc suit and hosed up inventory attachments. I wouldn't even recommend continuing with your current play through because I am releasing the final version with more new weapons Friday.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Dongattack posted:

Also, would there happen to be a mod that cleans up the binoculars a bit? I could'nt find one, but im not exactly experienced with S.T.A.L.K.E.R modding.
There's the absolute scopes pack: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/;113035

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Arsenal Overhaul is pretty ugly, unfortunately.
How is it ugly?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I've swapped my install or I'd drop screens but the mossberg and various other guns had pretty poor models and textures for what's exclusively a weapon mod. The sound effects were weird sometimes too, though sometimes nice.
Maybe you should try OWR. That's the best quality you're going to get for a stalker mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cop-original-weapons-renewal

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

The Russian voices are by far better than the English ones.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Nf3 posted:

What were they working on for so long if its not even a major overhaul?
Adding about 1000 unnecessary items to clutter up the inventory. Like undergarments.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

E-Tank posted:

Out of curiosity Enigma, The Swartz mod description says he's basically turning it over to you. Does this mean you and he have merged your mods into Arsenal, or do I still have to download both of them?

Edit: Oh, Swartz posts here...Uhh, Swartz, same question?
Swartz gave me the AK-12, AKM, REC-7, RPK, Gsh-18 and Glock. Which are in the current version of my mod now.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Swartz posted:

You forgot the FAL and Scar-H :qq:
Don't worry I haven't forgot about those.

I was thinking of the recent weapons pack you gave me.

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 4, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Vorenus posted:

That is pretty weird, but for pure disgust GIS "Bloodsucker". Keep scrolling. You'll know when you've found it.
Would not go trespassing in that zone.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Swartz posted:

To those interested in the COP mod "Original Weapons Renewal", in addition to the replacement of all the vanilla meshes with high-quality models, he just released an addon version which has a ton of new weapons.

You can download it here.

From his page:

The G3 and Mosin are definitely my favorite weapons.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Swartz posted:

As for the name, I have no idea. I'm pretty lazy which is why I have two mod projects I just named after myself.
S.W.A.R.T.Z: Clear Sky

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Arsenal Overhaul 2 was just released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

There's about 70 new weapons all using high quality models and animations with all new sounds. Plus, 20 new ammo types.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Realism would be you laying on the ground dieing of radiation sickness while being torn apart by dogs and wolves.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I'm getting a problem installing the Original Weapons Renewal mod for CoP in that no matter how many times I un/reinstall CoP and copy over the gamedata folder, the mod never seems to take effect and I get stuck running vanilla. Anyone had similar problems and know how to fix? This is especially strange because I already ran OWR before just fine, but decided to uninstall and reinstall it because of missing scope textures (specifically for the scoped Mosin-Nagant).
Is gamedata set to true in your fsgame.ltx?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Rob Ford posted:

Holy poo poo, this loving game.

I tried Shadow of Chernobyl and Prypyat way back when, and quickly stopped cause I found the combat impossible, and the rest boring.

So if I want to try again, and I dont' give a poo poo about "realism" or re-playability, what loving mods am I supposed to be using these days to make the game shiny and fun?

I just want the atmosphere that the reviews always promised, but that I never saw cause the game itself was frustrating as gently caress.
Autumn Aurora 2, uses a custom atmosfear and absolute nature mod for SoC. It looks like a whole new game in some areas. Also new weapons and better combat.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 18, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Taffer posted:

This looks incredible. What kind of changes does it make to the gameplay? The moddb page is not very specific.

quote:

Gameplay:

Some new weapons (with unique NPC's and as rewards for quests) and items (not many, maybe 10).
Artifacts detectable only by means of detectors (Echo, Bear and Veles. Each detector has distinct characteristics). Read more about it here: Moddb.com
Two modes of repair (traders as well as outfit and weapon repair kits).
Sleeping possible in designated areas (like in CoP).
New UI/HUD (CoP-based).
Hand texture adjusts to the suit you're wearing (like in CoP).
HUD and breating sounds are mask-dependent.
Random stashes.
New screen effects when irradiated, on low health and out of breath (low stamina).
Applying medkits, eating or using repair kits takes time.
New recoil effects.
New nightvision devices.
New postprocess effects for anomalies, radiation etc.
Some artifact models are CoP-based, and some are new.
Stalkers will carry Russian weapons for the most part. U.S. weapons like LR300 or M16 have been assigned to one faction only and they will be almost a rarity. If you happen to own LR300 or M16, you will have a serious advantage over your adversaries. This applies to exoskeletons or SEVA suits as well - they are finally very exotic and expensive items, but will definetely be worth their price.
The game itself will be more difficult, but well-balanced to avoid being unfair.
Some bugfixes like empty stashes and non-disappearing mission markers.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Is Atmosfear for CS any good? Once I'm done with arsenal overhaul for CoP, I plan on moving it over to CS and possibly using Atmosfear 1.3 as a base.

Ddraig posted:

They did manage to implement my random "Jack Bauer" interrogation, though, so that's something.
Go on :allears:

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 27, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Here's what I wrote for the Hotfix:

http://pastebin.com/Uz8hzPY6
This is good stuff. Could I use this for my mod?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Is CS Complete still the best Clear Sky mod out there? I'm looking for something to use a base for a weapon mod.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

staberind posted:

is there anything I can use as a stash in the newbie village?
The dresser in Sid's bunker can be used as a stash.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

your evil twin posted:

Not quite head-on, but these useful at all?

Bloodsuckers would be great in a horror movie. Imagine if Chernobyl diaries had them instead of that stupid radioactive zombie poo poo.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Monolith. posted:

Paging E.Nigma to the thread. Does Owl still give info on how to get tools for upgrading guns or is that later in the actual game? Arsenal Overhaul 2.2.
I never changed the tools. They are where they always are. If I could I would have them spawn randomly on each map at the various landmarks.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

CoP weapon modding question: I'm trying to add a couple of weapons from Road to Pripyat to Shoker and make it so Owl and Hawaiian sell them. The only files I need to copy over are the weapon file in gamedata\configs\weapons, the models, and the textures, and modify the trader files so that they sell the weapons, right? Is there any way to make traders always sell certain items, so I can check to make sure I've implemented everything properly?
Under [supplies_generic] set wpn_whatever = 1, 1

That will make it so the trader always has that weapon in stock.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

OK, so here's what I have now: the only change in Hawaiian's trader file is that wpn_whatever = 1, 1 under [supplies_generic]. That's the only mention of this weapon. The weapon file itself, the textures, and the models are all there already. The only other files I can think of that would be missing are sound and what the weapon looks like on inventory and trade screens. Anyways, when Hawaiian spawns (either from my moving close to Yanov or me loading up a save in Yanov) the game makes a beep and crashes. Any pointers?

e: worth mentioning that I also tried giving values to wpn_whatever in [trade_generic_buy] as well, to the same effect.
There's something missing. You can find out what it is by checking the bottom of your last log file.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

To be fair this is pretty much how Stalker games have always worked. If I'm remembering right it took about five minutes in CoP to get an end game weapon just by running to a stash, and SoC lets you buy pretty high end weapons in Cordon if you care enough
You can run over to the sawmill and get an SVD in the first 2 minutes, then head over to the antenna complex and get 2 boxes of ammo for it. Proceed with being king poo poo of the zone.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

OK, here's what I found in xray_username in _appdata\logs:
code:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CInifile::r_section
[error]File          : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line          : 502
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : Can't open section 'wpn_m1891'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report
Know what this means? It's my first time futzing around with CoP files to this extent so it doesn't mean much to me right now.
In the weapons.ltx you need to add #include "w_m1891.ltx" to the list.

Like this:
code:
#include "w_ak74.ltx"
#include "w_ak74u.ltx"
#include "w_fn2000.ltx"
#include "w_rpg7.ltx"
#include "w_knife.ltx"
#include "w_bolt.ltx"
#include "w_f1.ltx"
#include "w_rgd5.ltx"
#include "w_gd5.ltx"
#include "w_rg6.ltx"
#include "w_m1891.ltx"
Any new weapon not extending from an existing one has to be added in the weapons.ltx like that.

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 9, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Thanks, that did the trick! Now I'm mostly working away at the smaller stuff, so I'll probably be coming back a couple more times with questions. Here's the first one: what folder holds the idle animations? Game's crashing and the log says:
code:
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : pm->m_animations.size()
[error]Function      : player_hud_motion_container::load
[error]File          : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\player_hud.cpp
[error]Line          : 92
[error]Description   : motion not found [ppsh_idle]
In case you're wondering, I'm trying to add two weapons to Shoker from Way To Pripyat: the PPSh 41 and the Mosin-Nagant (which pops up in the file names as m1891), and so far only the PPSh has actually shown up on Hawaiian's inventory so that's the one I'm working on now.
There's a much better MN91 from OWR 2.0 than the piece of poo poo in WTP. It would be easier to install and you get the added bonus of the SVT40, MN91 and SVD animations all in one package.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

You sure it's OWR 2.0? I'm looking through the gamedata's weapon configs for that mod (and the patches/addons) and can't find a single mention of either the MN91 or SVT40. Are the files on ModDB up to date, or is there somewhere else I should be checking that does have the relevant files?

e: fwiw I managed to get the Nagant from Arsenal Overhaul working just fine. Now I only need to get the textures working (which is a bit harder than I thought it would be) dig up where the inventory/trade icon for that gun is, add the scope, and I should be all set.
In OWR the new weapons extend from the existing ones. The MN91 and SVT40 weapon parameters are in the w_svd.ltx. I keep them separate in my mod for easier access. If you haven't already, you'll have to use the SVD from my mod since whatever model you have is now incompatible with the hand animations.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Contra Calculus posted:

I'm either really terrible at videogames lately or the guys in this game have like ESP. I literally could not be able to sneak up on a deaf and blind person in this game. :psyduck:

i.e. Could anyone give me tips for stealthing in this game?
If you're playing SoC, don't bother. The only possible stealth kill you can accomplish is killing someone in one shot with a silent weapon without being seen by the target or anyone else.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

After blazing through :darksouls: 2 in a week I had an itch for something similarly difficult and depressing. Having never actually beaten SoC, I went through that in about seven hours on veteran difficulty and found it disappointingly easy. Ended up dropping stacks of ammo just to save room.

Then I installed the Misery mod and tried that. I had a cursory experience with Pripyat previously, but didn't get very far. But Misery... that's good poo poo. I barely know what is going on and it's hard as nails, but it hurts SO GOOD.

Six bullets, a broken rifle, and overactive adrenal glands, that's what survival horror is all about. Puts all the other SH games of late to shame.
I suggest Lost Alpha.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

I forgot you did Arsenal Overhaul! Speaking of it, actually, I've been having a tough time getting the textures to work. What file holds the folder the weapon files will looks for to get the textures? I've tried putting the mosin skins in all different kinds of folders and such within gamedata\meshes\dynamics\weapons but the gun keeps on coming up gray every time I test it out.

Mosin textures go in "gamedata\textures\r_pop". If the textures are missing in game you can find out where they go back checking the last log file and searching it for the word "can't". It will bring up a bunch of lines about not being able to find textures in the directory they're suppose to be in.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Fellow goons, your musical tastes are requested. I'm finishing a weapon mod for clear sky using complete as a base. I'm replacing the annoying propaganda with music. I need some songs, preferably ones that are very Russian/Ukrainian.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Arsenal Overhaul - Clear Sky will be released tomorrow.

code:
- Sky Reclamation Project 1.0.3a (unofficial patch)
- Realistic damage to npc's, a shot to the head or neck is a kill, 1-2 hits to the chest kills
- CoP Variation Mod
- Higher quality stock weapon models
- 60 new weapons
- 20 new ammunition types
- Right side ejecting shells for all weapons
- Better gear in stashes
- Reworked recoil to eliminate negative recoil
- Grenades completely removed from Monolith and Bandit loadouts
- Sleeping bag
- 4 new suits
- All new gun sounds
- Improved economy, similar to Call of Pripyat
- Surplus and civilian rifles to start with in the swamps
- New scope overlays
- All npc's rearmed with new weapons and ammunition
- Duty and Freedom propaganda replaced with music
- Duty, Freedom and Mercenaries sell stashes with high value weapons and ammo
See the features page for the full list of weapons: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul-clear-sky/features/aocs-features

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Missing Name posted:

Yeah, I found it too. I had dropped my shotgun somewhere else, so I dug its eyes out with a knife. Still weird as poo poo.
Was this it? I encountered it in the first lab. It just stood there being very unsettling and then starting running around in circles being even more creepy. Then I blasted it full of buckshot, because gently caress whatever hell that thing crawled out of.

There's also this one.
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Karlik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Monolith. posted:

I'll be impressed if your mod makes me actually have fun while playing Clear Sky, E.Nigma.
If you liked the CoP mod you should like this version.