Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I'm still really enjoying Misery 2.0.0 with no patches, y'all are just babies. Just don't try to talk to wounded NPCs and everything is great. Plus, the exosuit makes you nearly immune to most mutants :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Enjoy any type of fire anomaly.
I will say that after patching up it looks like my flesh hunting ground got hosed up. That's how I made cash!

E: Holy gently caress is there something to to e the grenade tossing in Clear Sky down?

Yea, I don't get what people have against the fire anomalies in 2.0.0. I don't understand what is so disliked about "don't have proper protection? suck death." So you have to buy an ecologist suit, big deal. The thing is practically invulnerable to heat and toxic gas, just don't walk into burners. The weight of the suit kinda sucks, but I like how it basically forces you to choose between doing an artifact hunt or going out killing, although you could carry the suit with you for when you need it too if you don't value your stamina as much.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

Unpatched Misery 2.0 had fire damage ignore any and all resistances.

In what sense? I can stand in the Circus Anomaly in an ecosuit and basically take no damage at all provided I don't wander right into a burner.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I guess I just got a lucky install... I did Jupiter plant in the ecosuit, and also handled the boiler anomaly with no problems once I had the ecosuit.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Ddraig posted:

One of the Duty missions is essentially "Destroy the Freedom base".

Isn't that the suicide mission that Skull and his posse recruit you for if you don't heed Veronin's warning?

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Guns in clear sky do gently caress all until you upgrade them, it's embarrassing.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I've been having a strange issue with OGSE 0692 on the Steam installed version of SOC. Several of the fancier sniper rifles behave like binoculars, where both mouse buttons zoom in and nothing fires. No ammo is displayed in the usual place on the HUD either. I managed to solve it so I figured I'd share it here for those who may experience it, it affects (at least for me) the Gauss rifle, the AWP, and the massive rifle you can rent from Barkeep.

Solution:

I had to unpack the archived databases, specifically gamedata.dbe.
All weapons are found in the config/weapons/ folder.
In each rifle's file ( w_gauss.ltx w_v94.ltx w_awm.ltx ) I modified the class value (line 10 or 11) from WP_BINOC to WP_SVD.
I couldn't locate proper class names for these rifles, maybe they are in another of the gamedata.db* files I don't know, but using a valid class from the other rifles seems to work just fine.

Whoever decided to classify sniper rifles as binoculars...

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

myshl0ng posted:

SURVARIUM will be bad. Just want you all to know

depressing, yet expected news.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In my opinion, mutant cats have been the worst enemy in every mod they've been implemented in. They're usually the size of large dogs and almost completely silent, except for that distorted "cat sound" they occasionally make. They usually take way too much damage and their models/animations are terrible.

420 Hate mutant cats every day.

If they were half the size and faster (like real cats) they'd be perfect, but they definitely need some visual improvements.

Do you mean that they deal too much damage or that they are bullet sponges? If it's the former I agree, if it's the latter I disagree, you can practically piss on them and they die.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Missing Name posted:

That is specifically reserved for stuff you're not allowed to take into cage matches AKA your entire inventory at the time. End of fight, it's all there. Don't know what the chances of stuff getting deleted are.

Also, I love finding glitches and exploits in this game. Especially if they allow exploring inaccessible areas. I just wish I wasn't so loaded down with dead mercs' scalps loot and had to stop for breath every few yards.

I always use arnie's box as my main stash, and the bag in the pipes just around the corner from arnie too. Never had a problem.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Ddraig you wouldn't happen to have any insider info on when OGSE 0693 is coming out do you? They've been teasing us for months now, I'm going stir-crazy here.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Horns posted:

What kind of new shader effects? Load times on DX10/11 are already brutal for me, but if it means better optimizations and eye candy in-game, then a little more loading isn't that big of a deal.

Just don't die as much :downs:

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

fennesz posted:

I asked before, does anyone have a link to the Faction Wars mod? I'm assuming it's different from Faction Fronts listed in the OP.

e: Clear Sky Complete crapped out on me in Limansk and I'm rarely able to load a save and crash shortly thereafter if I do. Looking to try something different.

This is a known bug, iirc the "fix" is to reload from before Limansk, go back in and ignore the wounded guys up by the fountain, just advance straight into the ambush and all will be peachy again :) Remember to save after the ambush, of course.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

hear a dog bark in the distance? climb the nearest rock and switch to rifle grenades

which mod is it that spawns 2 chimeras every time you try to come or go in rostok because that poo poo is truly obnoxious

OGSE... Always nice to have some endurance artifacts for that stretch

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Unnnngh, so excited for ogse 0693 to go full release. SOC really is the best of the series, also helps that with ogse the framerates are so amazingly smooth, I remember being blown away by how big of an improvement it was over vanilla. Haven't touched the series in probably a year now, getting the itch again.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

nexus6 posted:

Does OGSE 0.6.9.3 have dogs that can take off half your health? I kinda stopped playing 0.6.9.2 after I had to quick load several times just trying to do the 'clear the farm' mission in Cordon where several screaming fleshes spawn and one hit kill you while you reload your shotgun. I've run out of shotgun ammo before killing the easiest mutants in that mod.

Come on buddy, you're wearing a sport coat and swinging a wiffle bat at this point of the game, how many smacks from a flesh do you think you can handle?

Run awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy :)

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-good-stalker-evolution/news/ogse-0693-open-beta-test-and-development-report

LOL, they're going to include their weapon add-ons afterall... and they have shotguns mounted to assault rifles in replacement of grenade launchers. :unsmigghh:

goddamn OGSE :allears:

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Sphrin posted:

Holy poo poo, it sounds like OGSE will be even more stable than the vanilla game. Granted that's not a terribly hard thing to do but the insane amount of work they've put in looks amazing. The only problem is all of a sudden I've gotten chills like somehow this can't be true and we will end up in another Misery 2.0 situation because it can't be nearly as good as it sounds.

0692 was fantastic, I can count on one hand the number of crashes or issues ive encountered over the years. Im very optomistic that 0693 will be flawless when its all said and done.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Enjoy shooting a gun that has roughly the same ballistic arc as throwing a stone at someone. #TeamSVD

Theres also an SVU sniper rifle, lighter than SVD and still packs a good punch... You can even put a silencer on it but that may have just been an OGSE thing.

Clear Sky sucks in vanilla, granted, but even just adding the Complete mod makes it pretty decent. You just need to know ahead of time that theres no going back once you enter limansk. I really enjoyed the end game on my second playthrough when I took a bajillion rounds of ammo with me.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Is debug mode available for ogse 0693? Some of these quests are kinda confusing, hoping to just spawn items so I can complete the drat things

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

closeted republican posted:

I tried OGSE, but god drat it's way too annoying to be fun. It's like one of those cheap "hard mode" hacks in a JPRG where you're given no warnings for anything, you're horribly outgunned and everything can easily kill you. The economy is way too busted as well; it's piss easy to get a ton of ammo and grenades early on. The only chance I had in combat was spamming grenades because even popping out of cover would get be killed in two shots by an aimbot-like NPC.

Autumn Aurora has been a much better experience for me. It's still hard, but much more manageable even though I still occasionally get jumped by some random jackass just when I think I've cleared out the entire area, even with liberal binoculars use. I only had major hickups in the Agroprom Underground (mostly because I forgot there were humans wandering around it). It looks gorgeous too. I wish more of the unused weapons were added to give enemies more weapon variety, but it's not that big of a deal since I managed to score a sweet scoped Abakan, making encounters a lot easier.

I'll agree with you on ogse having a steep learning curve, and with the new 0693 version it has definitely gotten steeper. I'm enjoying the new changes for the most part, but it is ridiculously easy to get guns, ammo and money early on. However its also ridiculously easy to catch bullets too.

Right now im trying to get into agroprom underground but the usual entrance after you save Mole is closed for some stupid reason, very annoying.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

this is very possibly one of the worst mods for any videogame I have ever seen. extremely nice

If it's on Nexus, there's a good chance all the NPC models will have large dicks attached now.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

staberind posted:

Tunder (OTs-14) & Storm still have no optics, as far as I can see. dealbreaker.

Come on buddy, the Tunder is ruined with a scope, that gun is a close-quarters death machine

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Ah, I was pounding in the right numbers, just not the right format

Anyone who doesnt use yyyyMMdd format should be dragged into the street and shot.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
So whats the deal with OGSE these days? Looks like the group has fractured and people are fighting over mod ownership, downloading various versions seems to have disappeared as a result :(

Trying to get 0692 again and chrome is blocking the download saying the file is malicious

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Someone should take their mod, remove the bullshit mechanics from it, and rerelease it as Misery Unfucked and make a big show of it.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Monolith. posted:

Is Radium still a thing or was that project stopped?

The cognitive dissonance between your avatar and username bothers me greatly.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Morzhovyye posted:

After years of starting and then not finishing SoC I recovered my save file from an old PC and "finished" it within a few weeks of more intermittent playing. I ended up just running past all the enemies at Chernobyl except the ones in the immediate vicinity of the door that I absolutely needed to shoot to get inside. After successfully getting through to the tunnels into the sarcophagus I decided to just watch the endings on youtube because I hated the gunplay so much and that area was the breaking point.

This is exactly what's supposed to happen though. You've turned off the brain scorcher and now EVERYONE is trying to get to the CNPP. Pypriat is being flooded with stalkers from all factions because everyone believes in the wish granter and the idea that artifacts abound. Monolith is making a last stand there and at the plant while the military is trying to kill everything and take it all for themselves. You basically have to sprint to the CNPP if you want to survive, or die in the military-monolith crossfire.

if you got the "proper" ending and destroyed c-consciousness then yea, I'll agree the final portal-jumping-gunfight ending is kinda out of the blue, but up to then is really solid and true-to-story imo, and the ending video is a really good finish.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Xander77 posted:

I think it's intended to be comprehensible, but not predictable or exploitable.

Alternately, it's just the buggiest part of stalker. And that's saying something.

Stealth is actually semi-predictable in tightly controlled circumstances with few enemies around. For example, apparently you can stealth the arena with a knife in a single take:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeHBw9luUb8

But even stealing the documents from Agraprom at night (which is actually intended as a stealth mission) will take a few tries.

Stealthing in to agroprom is easy enough, but doesn't the alarm go off once you grab the documents? I recall always having to shoot my way out of agroprom. Like that's frustrating as hell.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Get to the roof and knife the speaker

Haha gently caress me, it's so obvious now :downs:

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

MadBimber posted:

LOL @ all these noobs not using a vintorez and sniping their way through pripyat/cnpp/c-conc. loot ammo from monolith, silent snipe all day

I'm a personal fan of going in guns blazing with the Tunder and underbarrel grenade launcher and sprinting from cover points.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Getting a good chuckle from the "you need to buy a backpack... No, the other backpack" discussion.

Mods, thread title, etc.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

v1ld posted:

Those boars can be tough. I could never get Fanatic to survive in Last Day, so I'd leave him behind and then tackle the boars the smart cowards way by climbing those rocks.

OGSE 0.6.9.2 had the toughest boars. I would give them wide berth in that mod. It's quite different from 0.6.9.3 which is a huge overhaul compared to its predecessor that mainly tweaked combat and encounters, didn't add so many quests, mechanics, and graphics. Both are very good.

Yea, 693 is a huge change over 692. Which is nice, because I've played so much 692 that it was getting stale for me. 693 is a really great mod.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

Not being able to put anything but pistols in the sidearm slot has been really annoying, if nothing else I'd love to be able to sling a sawn-off shotgun as a panic button in close encounters. I haven't experienced armor degradation yet because my armor is so weak that anything that could damage it would also kill me, but 2-4x vanilla rate sounds positively infuriating.

I'm going to give these a try on 2.11 and see if they work

gently caress me yes, the change to block shotguns from the sidearm slot in 693 is really rough, probably my only complaint so far

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

buglord posted:

Does OGSE have weapon upgrade dudes? It doesn't seem fleshed out like CoP or CoC. I really miss the upgrade trees :(

No, there's nothing in ogse like in vanilla clear sky or cop for upgrading.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

buglord posted:

Lack of upgrades almost kill the game for me. But this mod is still funny and whacky like I remember. Was this the same mod that had autoturrets a few versions ago? You know, the kind with laser accuracy and sniper range that tore through your armor before instalkilling you?

Yes, OGSE has the ridiculous autoturrets... Someone posted a file to add to your gamedata that would override those but no idea what page

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

0 rows returned posted:

call of pripyat has a different art style. It also doesn't do as much with heavily contrasted light and shadows like soc

Yea, this is the true crime of CoP. SoC had really great lighting back when it came out, and even with something like OGSE it still looks real nice even by today's standards

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I never had a problem with clear sky for the most part. At least with the clear sky complete mod it kept it pretty vanilla with mostly bug fixes. The cool things they added like npcs firing from cover were fresh (ignore grenades). Yea the faction war was gibbled from the get-go but i played it more for the story anyway.

Limansk onward was fine since it was a “no going back” point in the game. I kinda disagree with the “clear sky knew the route already” theory since you can basically view it as them using you as the driving force to get there. Although the whole “why is clear sky better armed than some countries” is never addressed.

The CNPP loving sucked tho, eat poo poo that you gotta shoot strelok so many loving times and getting a headshot didn’t seem to make it easier. And god help you if you quicksaved at any point during the CNPP routine, pretty much guaranteed to break the script.

Beating clear sky was just a big gently caress you, its done.

Beating SoC (the first time you get the canon ending) was actually emotional. That was a strange feeling, probably the only time a video game provoked actually feelings from me.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Installed CoC for the first time ever, drat this is fun and hard. Night time is terrifying in the early game. I started as a Merc for my first play through, hilarious. drat difficult just getting my rear end to the wild territory, then it got dark. Now I’m in the garbage in pitch blackness with no sleeping bag to just “ride jt out” til morning, monsters are everywhere and the bandits don’t like me. Then an emission.