Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Is there a bug in misery 2.0 where you can have the name/general identification of one class but the weapon proficiencies of another? I'm USS sniper but my weapon proficiencies match USS assaulter. I don't know if everything else is screwed up too, like my weight/speed/other stats.

I also seem to have a bug with Cardan where he sits with no animations at all and I have no option to give him vodka, no matter what kind I have in my inventory. He didn't do his animations when I gave him his buddies' PDAs which may have caused it. So I guess I'm not upgrading anything before Jupiter.

Hmmm there isn't any mention of it in the current bug report thread (and I've never seen that, myself). It sounds like it could be an installation issue, since that's when you initially choose your class...did you have this problem before installing Les Miserables?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

I think I fixed the class problem, it was Les Miserables not Misery actually. Its installation instructions are out of order I think--it has a general gamedata folder and then one specific to your class, but it tells you to copy the one for your class first and then the general gamedata, but it should be the other way around. I copied USS sniper over it and now my weapon proficiencies are correct.

Good to know for future reference, then.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

If this kind of thing can be implemented in a way that doesn't become obnoxious or detracts from gameplay it sounds incredible. The surreal parts of the setting that I wish misery focused on instead of adding a million inventory items (none of which are artifacts).

Yeah seriously, that sounds like a refreshing addition to the game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Missing Name posted:

The first thing I'm going to do with it is to mod the firing sounds in from Nightfire. The "AIMS-20" in action.

drat, man, I was kind of shocked to see a relatively bright hallway when that dude looked away from the scope in order to reload.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

NeoSeeker posted:

I'd have to say the effect for coke and booze would be swapped...

That would be nice though, to have drugs that have actual effects in a game for once that are useful besides restoring health.

I guess shrooms and acid would have strong anti-psi effects but would make your character trip gently caress-nuts (pseudo dog effects, just random mirages of everything from anomalies to trolls) and possibly just pass out, maybe wake up in a random spot. Weed should across the board restore everything, but make you hungry. I guess another effect that would be cool would to have your character randomly scream so basically everything around knows where you are and goes to investigate.

There are so many drugs out there and this is the black market. You could narrow it down a tiny bit or you could go pretty in-depth with drugs and effects. There wouldn't be much of a boon to variety either, many of them are interchangeable so the drugs with the most useful effects would be the most available (all kinds of speed and downers I'd imagine mostly). With the modding capabilities I've seen so far implementing many different drug effects wouldn't be too hard and ideas endless.

Lets face it, in the zone, pretty much everyone is tooled up in some way at some point in the day or another.

One of my favorite mods for Fallout 3 (and, to a lesser extent, one for New Vegas) was called "Better Living Through Chems", and it added a whole bunch of drugs with various effects, side effects, and drawbacks. MDMA might enhance your personality and make colors pulsing and vibrant; amphetamines might enhance your reflexes but give you a sort of "tunnel vision"; Phenobarbital might increase your tolerance for pain (damage reduction) but it will leave you in a stupor, etc. Sometimes I would just take drugs to make the game all fuzzy, colorful, and bright. Plus, you could weaponize a lot of the drugs by injecting people with them.

Basically, what I'm saying is that STALKER needs more drug abuse.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ddraig posted:

It's a pretty cool segment. I'm not sure if they got Rob Zombie to draw those segments or if it was Mike Judge emulating his style but they were obviously based on his artwork for White Zombie etc.

Apparently it was just an emulation, but still a totally rad sequence nonetheless.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ddraig posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some kind of sex toy. Victorians had electric jockstraps to treat lack of 'vitality' which usually meant strapping an electric thing to your cock and getting yourself off.

Available in the zone for 30,000 Ru.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Isn't that basically what Call of Chernobyl is aiming to do? Stringing the maps from all the games together for a massive free roam experience minus all the plot?

God I hope so, because that sounds amazing.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

drkeiscool posted:

Has anyone remade Fallout in the X-ray engine? Seems like it would be a perfect fit.

There's always been a pipedreamy interest in it but, no, that hasn't happened. If it had happened, the whole world would have known about it and we'd all be playing it right now. Probably seems unlikely to happen, though, given the incredible amount of work that would be required.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

Good lord somebody made a slanderman mod

He just goes around making up awful poo poo about various factions.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

I am pretty stoked for Metro 3, the gun shooting and combat in the first 2 was pretty good and that's what I look for in FPS games.

That's why I love STALKER so much, the gun shooting and combat is really good and tense and nothing else I've played has quite matched it.

The firearms in Metro 2033 & LL are just so...lovingly assembled, you know? The "Shambler" shotgun is a perfect example of this: There are multiple reload animations that play depending on how many rounds are still left in the "cylinder" based on how that abortion of a firearm would feed and operate in real life:

Metro Wiki posted:

When tapping the "reload" button, Artyom loads one shell and cocks the gun. After that he can load four more shells out of the remaining five since the lower clamp is blocked. After firing off three rounds, Artyom has to manually cock the gun again and chamber the next round to overcome the gap left by the empty clamp. Additionally, after firing once, the empty chambers are exposed and a full six rounds can be loaded.

When holding the "reload" button, Artyom loads four shells into available clamps, cocks the gun and loads the remaining two. Reloading can be interrupted at any point. Likewise empty clamps can be loaded at any time unless they are blocked by the mechanism. Dropping the weapon by picking up any other secondary weapon will empty all clamps and reloading can be repeated from scratch.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Appoda posted:

The Metro games are more like Stalker tropes being fed through an action movie. Lotta scripted sequences and forced character segments -- Stalker was more of a lonely thing. I appreciated that the shooting in Metro didn't feel like complete trash, but aside from the aesthetic, it might as well have been a Medal of Honor game.

Also, the Metro games sucked. :mad: No amount of good shooting or graphical power can get over all of those lame NPC segments, gas mask bullshit, or bad storytelling. Hopefully the new one takes a different turn, but that E3 trailer kinda just doubled down on what turned me off from those games.

I don't know, it sounds more like you dislike what Metro 20xx games fundamentally are, and less that they suck or should become something else. I doubt that Exodus is going to suddenly satisfy whatever you're looking for (and that's probably a good thing).

turn off the TV posted:

The idea that Stalker has better storytelling than Metro is certainly a bold claim.

For real.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Daaaaaamn what mod is that?

;)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mordja posted:

STALKER 2 out next April. Hard to believe tbh.

Yeah and somebody's already uploaded a copy of the E3 2021 trailer for people who missed it and don't want to go hunting for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbh7729l9bA

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

For years, I played the piss out of Stalker SoC and CoP, vanilla and unmodded--but I haven't played any of the games in like 6 or 7 years. Decided to jump head first into Anomaly + Black Pack 1.7.0 Lite (basically a preassembled list the most popular addons for Anomaly). So far, having a lot of fun! So much has changed but it's funny how quickly I remembered Cordon's layout after previously spending ten thousand hours there.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad I've been periodically checking in on this thread, because I just got GAMMA installed and have been tinkering with it. I think my days of meticulously curated mods and teetering load orders for games like Morrowind, New Vegas, and STALKER are behind me, so I'm stoked to be able to run a few installs and basically everything up and running immediately. God bless Grok.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

Assuming you're already familiar with base Anomaly, here are some more early crafting focused tips for GAMMA: :words:

Thanks for writing all of this. I've returned to this post a few times, and it's making more and more sense as I delve into GAMMA; it's definitely helpful.

One question: is there any reason why it would be worth keeping stripped individual armor components (i.e. "ACC", SATIN", etc.) that are at 0% durability? I'll probably be able to figure out the answer once I get all of the gear necessary to experiment more with this, but I haven't gotten there yet--so I'm not sure if it's even worth holding onto these ruined pieces in the interim.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Tabletops posted:

if theres a crafting recipe that requires them, it doesn't matter the durability.

Oh that's interesting--good, I'm glad I've been holding on to everything then!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Now that's I'm starting to grasp the repair mechanics, GAMMA definitely strikes me as the sort of mod that was tailor-made for me. I'm having a blast with it.

1. Great variety, but not uneven--it doesn't feel like I'm fighting packs of dogs one minute and then slaying a hell knight from Doom 3 with the Halo assault rifle the next.
2. Firefights are fun and dangerous, but are neither so lethal that they're always "blink and your dead" classic Rainbow Six encounters where a single 9x18 will kill you, nor spongy RPG nightmares where you're just chasing bigger numbers to kill boars.
3. The weapon parts/repair/modding systems seem to be a great way to make building your dream kit more rewarding and less "oh I found this rifle on a dead mercenary an hour into the game and I don't really need anything else any more."
4. By default, it seems content to give you moments of silence; one of the things that annoyed me with old ShoC mods was when they felt the need to pack every single map with full of 10x enemies so that getting between point A and point B was a nonstop slog.
5. Pretty drat polished! I'm used to old STALKER mods that are filled with typos, and where you get whiplash from all of the different resolutions and qualities and colors of assets that clearly come from different sources. Clearly it's been many years since I've checked things out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

It's definitely not easy mode, especially with all the upfront learning you need to do for crafting to make sense, but it feels super rewarding finishing up a fire fight and scoring some vital components you need to cobble together a new gun or armor.

It's pretty funny: in a previous mod, the experience might be "Nice, an AS-VAL! I will take this back to a vendor and repair it to 100% with a small portion of my trillion-Ruble wallet" It's such a brief, singular experience.

But here it's more like, "Nice, the barrel and hammers on this TOZ are in great shape! Now if I can just find an extractor that hasn't been soaking in an acid anomaly, I might be able to get this back into operation." Like, I never thought I'd be getting excited about field stripping firearms for their precious extractors and spring assemblies, but here we are. It's more engaging and, for me at least, rewarding as a result.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

From that list of items, assuming you have advanced tools, you can probably get a lot of that stuff up and running. With advanced tools you can create a heavy armor repair kit, the recipe just requires a ridiculous amount of medium armor repair kits to craft which shouldn't be too bad with all that money you have. Also, make sure you're doing the quests to turn in duplicate tool sets to technicians because it expands their inventory and lets you buy more advanced repair items and kits. Sometimes they'll have the armor part you need and swapping it in will be enough to increase the overall condition of your armor to the point where you can repair the rest of the war with sewing kits or other repair items. Another tip is to turn extra toolsets to separate technicians, one who is NATO gear affiliated and another who is Warsaw Pact gear affiliated, so that you have access to all types of parts.

Also for expert tools, you need to look for stashes in Red Forest and beyond for them to spawn. I found a set of expert tools in Radar the first time I went to turn off the brain scorcher. Now I'm rocking a Monolith exosuit (not exoskeleton mind you, but still a decent heavy armor with good BR), a pimped out Saiga shotgun, and a M4 Tactical that I bought a sick 1-8X adjustable zoom scope that also has a backup canted red dot for CQB. All the BaS guns that you can install tactical kits onto have been super fun if you're looking for some cool weapons to try out.

I've been going real slow and just found my first Basic Tools set (courtesy of Hip, since a TOZ-whatever finally graced me with its presence); I've currently got the Cordon and Great Swamps techs both asking for it. From what you're saying, it sounds like multiple copies of these tool sets can appear. Is there any reason for me to hang on to these tools instead? Or should I just pick a tech to give them to and then, presumably, I'd have access to the basic tools at their shop (and then start looking around for another set)?

Apologies for the questions, this just feels like the last aspect of the repair system that I'm still unsure on.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

You definitely only want to give away duplicates and keep a set for yourself first and foremost, never give them your only set of tools (should also point out you will still need basic, advanced, and expert on hand as high level tools won't supersede lower level tools in terms of recipes). The techs will let you use their workbench but there's a time limit so it's way more useful to create your own workshop and retain your own tools. Giving duplicates to techs is mainly to increase faction rep and to get them to carry more types of items for sale. And yes you can find duplicate tools out in the wild in stashes.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

So is it an oversight/unintended feature to be able to field strip parts from weapons and then reinstall parts by drag/dropping them onto the weapon from the inventory screen? Because if I open up my work bench, it won't let me swap out parts without having the corresponding toolkit...but I can still drag/drop those same parts onto the weapon in my inventory without issue.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Dude Sweet posted:

I think dragging and dropping parts like that to replace them without a workbench drops the condition of the gun ( and/or parts? ), simulating you getting dirt in the gun in the field or damaging them by not using proper tools to do the swap.

That's what I read somewhere, too. I messed around with it a couple of times and don't think it dropped the condition, but I'll have to test it some more tomorrow and see if it does it with repetition.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm mostly using the quests in GAMMA as an excuse to go places and explore, but I can't say I'm paying particularly close attention to the words being said. It's just a bread crumb trail to follow while I attempt to make my way north and build the perfect FAL and/or Vintorez rifle.

In that sense, I think I prefer their existence over an alternative where they simply don't exist--so there's that.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

I finally got to 2000 rep with the ecologists to unlock the special PSU batteries for power armor and happened to shortly after murk a squad of mercs, one of whom was wearing a mercenary exoskeleton that I've already fixed up. Just need to make a trip to Yantar and Jupiter to buy up the recipes now. Luckily I've been saving up the artifacts needed to craft the PSU's. I'm hoping the rest of the components aren't too bad.

Just when I figured out--literally today--that you repair triggers with multitools (I couldn't figure out what the equivalent of a ramrod or file was for that particular part, and just figured "well I guess they're delicate, so maybe you don't repair them"), you come in here saying some crazy poo poo about special PSU batteries and crafting things with artifacts. I'm a ways behind.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If you open the details of an object it will tell you what repairs it.

I keep forgetting about that!

moot the hopple posted:

Heads up, there's a big GAMMA update released today. To update, go into your "Grok's Modpack Installer" folder, launch the installer, Download GAMMA Data, and then do Full GAMMA installation. This will also reset your graphics settings and hotkeys, so be forewarned. You should see 346 active addons in MO2 if it worked properly (you'll also have to re-enable any of your optional addons as well).

Thanks for this head's up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Also on that note, why is the 20 gauge more powerful than the 12 gauge? It literally has a higher damage rating on the gun, it's bizzare.

Because it's a bigger number (12 < 20). That's why Mark Wahlberg could literally blow doors off of walls with his 410 TAURUS JUDGE--the most powerful of them all.

EDIT: God bless that little 20 Gauge TOZ-106 I nurtured back to life early on in my run though. Put a little red dot on that thing and it carried me for quite a while before the novelties of a bolt-action magazine-fed 4-round shotgun (with no alternative ammo types?) became liabilities.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 23, 2022

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

who the gently caress taught burers how to do force lightning???

After years of Burers being ridiculous pushovers, I encountered my first one last week and was humbled by how dangerous they had become (at least under the right conditions, which this one was). He was a real fucker.

EDIT: I noticed that the wiki mentioned their sensitivity to light, and that you can sometimes stun them by shining a flashlight on them...is that actually a thing? It used to be, a good way to handle them was to sprint up to them and drive a knife into their brain.

moot the hopple posted:

There was a small hotfix this morning for GAMMA for some animation fixes and support for the new weapons, so make sure to go into the installer ->download GAMMA data -> only install GAMMA addons. You'll have to once again re-enable optional addons but it won't revert your in game settings and configs.

Again thanks for the news.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 23, 2022

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

v1ld posted:

Reading the reddit sub is interesting. Anomaly is now referred to as"vanilla" gameplay in fundamental ways, even though it has so many changes from Misery, CoC, CoM, and even Last Day in it. Guess that accurately reflects how much Anomaly did to keep the game fresh and start new players.

I've sold a couple of people on GAMMA over the past week (or so) and it's funny because they've all asked something like "okay which STALKER games do I need? Do I need them all?" and I have to explain that GAMMA is a mod for a standalone mod called Anomaly--we're putting mods on these mods of those mods, but you don't need the games that some of the original mods (like Misery) were made for.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Namnesor posted:

I've likewise sold two friends on GAMMA on the simplicity of the setup (and regaling them with my tales of derring-do). Like I said earlier, the fact that GAMMA does a lot to put all of the information you want in the game itself has gone a long way to get all three of us interested and engaged.

v1ld posted:

Yeah! The new patch showing the items that can be crafted from what you're hovering over is a great example of this - that's super useful to see right there.

At this point significant aspects of the mod are more accessible than a lot of published games.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Namnesor posted:

The one caveat to having "everything" in your workshop stash is that it doesn't seem to detect any tools (basic, advanced, gunsmithing, etc.), so you have to pull those out and have them on your person before you get workshoppin'.

OwlFancier posted:

I think it should? Though admittedly I carry a set of mine around anyway because you can use them in the field in a pinch.

It'd definitely be nice if it did, but it doesn't seem to detect mine if they're in my workshop stash (i.e. not physically on my person).

In other news, I seem to have accepted a guide job for an NPC who wants to go to an impossible spot:

The NPC wants to be "in Yantar, south of the road to Dead City" but their destination marker was placed in an out-of-bounds part of the map (I know because I've physically been there; it's very much a "behind the scenes" spot you're not intended to go to, and no AI will follow you there)--it's nowhere near either of the waypoints to Dead City.

After reloading a few times and checking multiple spots to see if the "you're here" prompt pops up, I'm considering murdering and/or getting him killed in lieu of payment.

The whole west side of Yantar seems buggy as gently caress though.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 26, 2022

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In other news, I seem to have accepted a guide job for an NPC who wants to go to an impossible spot:

The NPC wants to be "in Yantar, south of the road to Dead City" but their destination marker was placed in an out-of-bounds part of the map (I know because I've physically been there; it's very much a "behind the scenes" spot you're not intended to go to, and no AI will follow you there)--it's nowhere near either of the waypoints to Dead City.

After reloading a few times and checking multiple spots to see if the "you're here" prompt pops up, I'm considering murdering and/or getting him killed in lieu of payment.

Right as I gave up on getting this poor guy to his imaginary destination, I accepted a job from Yantar's Professor Semenov to accompany him on a research safari of some sort. I guess he was supposed to take samples from five (different?) mutants.

I dragged his rear end all across creation. I took him to Garbage, to Meadow, to Cordon, to the Great Swamps, to Agropgrom, to Yantar; I let him make some of his own kills, and he hipfired his SVU like an idiot. I refrained from harvesting mutant parts, I gave him ample time to take his samples. We slaughtered Snorks and Flesh, Pseudodogs and Boars; we culled an entire generation of Blind Dogs. Semenov's needs were inscrutable, but collecting samples did not seem to be a priority for him for I never saw him do it.

Finally, as I returned to Yantar with a plan to kill both of these people, Semenov's bloodlust was mysteriously sated while I visited Professor Sakharov. I still have no idea what caused the mission to end, but he vanished with the "mission complete" jingle.

Anyway, I still have the "road to Yantar" NPC with me. A 10-hour trip to Yantar has turned into a week, but he's become a steadfast partner in my travels. At some point he even got his hands on an SVT-40 (I assume while my back was turned) and--despite being complete poo poo with it--I've watched his score steadily climb in our travels. He's a professional now, although I don't believe he was when we started, and his name is Ruska Rusty.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 27, 2022

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Scut posted:

Can NPC followers in Gamma climb in skill / level?

Ruska Rusty's numbers have gone up a few hundred points (he was in the 156xx's when I first bothered to look yesterday morning, and he was most recently in the 157xx or 158xx's when I checked last night). I assume that means he's getting more experience? I thought it was a rank (where "1" was top banana) but maybe not. I don't know if that translates into anything else though.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 27, 2022

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

UPDATE: Yeah NPCs can climb in level. Romka's in the 165xx's this morning (a climb of almost 1000 points since yesterday) and his rank has gone from "Professional" to "Veteran". My little man is growing up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

moot the hopple posted:

Watch your back, it sounds like this guy is going to graduate from NPC to main hero soon.

I'll be safe as long as I keep an SVT40 in his hands, because he can't hit poo poo with it. I think if I give him a shotgun or assault rifle it'll be big trouble.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Can you pick up empty stashes you've placed?

Namnesor posted:

I think once it's empty, if you select Take All you'll pick up the stash.

Yup you should be able to retrieve placed stashes once they're emptied.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Scut posted:

Gamma loves special HUD icons for every possible status effect yet there is nothing to warn the player that they are taking psy damage other than watching the psy bar, which doesn't have a red-out like health to give a visual cue that 'hey your brain is melting, smoke some weed ASAP'.

I died about 8 times at a map-save trying to figure out what was hurting my character because my HUD was giving no alerts. Watch that psy bar and always keep drugs on hand.

I haven't been this invested in a game in quite a while, but there definitely things (like this) that can be frustrating. Your character's supposed to start making a shivering sound when their Psy level is sufficiently drained--which would ordinarily be an okay indicator, except most places that cause Psy damage drain it so swiftly that you're usually dead before the audio kicks in.

The inventory and in-game menus can be particularly buggy--sometimes the pop-up description for an item gets stuck and won't go away, or the inventory scrolling speed is super slow & heavy (or jittery and erratic). It's really impressive how hard modders have pushed the system and how much it can do, so I suppose that comes with the territory.

I also noticed that the missions to go to X and use the RF Receiver (tuned to frequency Y) can be super buggy. One job, the receiver started beeping in the entirely wrong level, but most of the time I end up scouring a map to no avail, only to have the signal & bodies randomly spawn in a place I've passed through 2 or 3 times after reloading a save (or multiple saves). I like the idea of them but I think only the first one worked properly.

Again, it's crazy how much stuff is going on under the hood, so it doesn't surprise me that there are weird bugs and annoying oversights. It seems like they're regularly updating and fixing things though, so perhaps some of these things will be addressed down the road.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Completely random question, but relating to GAMMA (and possibly Anomaly, or even other mods): does anybody notice a faint "beeping" sound when standing near corpses like Burers and Controllers? It's not a Geiger counter noise, it's reminiscent of a very faint motion detector sound from Aliens; it grows and fades depending on your proximity to their bodies. Can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Namnesor posted:

Speaking of bugs, I had a Search and Rescue mission just... disappear off of my task list. I had already rescued the guy, so now I have a free companion, I guess. Unlike Cream-of-Plenty's guy who apparently went through Stormtrooper training, my dude's a stone-cold killer; on multiple occasions he's destroyed entire packs of mutants before I had a chance to spot one. And then one time he took off like Sonic the Hedgehog, and when I went to go find him, he was action movie walking away from two dead snorks and a burer.

Big ups to Denis Daddy, the Ecologist Trainee equipped with an AK-104 and zero shits to give and actually the main character of my GAMMA playthrough, turns out I'm the companion now

Hah, I gotta find me one of those people.

I recently cut ties with Ruska Rusty out in Meadow (I figured it was an appropriate place to put an NPC "out to pasture"); he's still a Veteran rank, but now he just aimlessly wanders the place with his SVT40. And basically nothing ever happens in Meadow any more--I can't even remember the last time I spotted a blind dog there--so I imagine he'll be trapped there forever. He asked for a shitload of epinephrine yesterday, and I'm like, bro, that's the last loving thing you need out here.

Speaking of epinephrine, those things are ace. I tried to daisy-chain a bunch of missions together stretching from Wild Territory/Rostok & Army Warehouses to Truck Cemetery & Dark Valley, but I ended up being about 20kg overweight halfway through the process. In the Army Warehouses I was waddling to safety as a psy-storm approached, and ended up frantically popping an epinephrine just to get to cover in time. As it turned out, that single dose carried me through the remainder of my trip and hadn't even worn off by the time I got back to the Cordon farm to unload my junk.

Now I'm always carrying a couple of epinephrine in my pocket for similar situations.