Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011
I installed misery and the unofficial patch over a fresh install of CoP on Steam. I switched classes once, started a new game and it is crashing right off the bat. I set the graphics as low as they could go just to be sure my computer wasn't flipping out at the new options and it didn't make a difference. I thought it might be autosave related as it is crashing about half a second before the game would normally do that first save, but it's still doing it with the autosave option turned off. I'm getting the "Misery 2.0.2 (Misery Hotfix)" in the bottom corner so I'm assuming I didn't do anything too wrong.

I am all out of ideas though.

Bowrrl fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011
Yeah. Misery 2.0.2 + QF and even the Stiivai patches work fine (by Misery standards anyway). This is the first time I've had this kind of problem so something the unoffical patch adds is making my computer poo poo the bed.

Crash Log posted:

Expression : !m_error_code
Function : raii_guard::~raii_guard
File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrServerEntities\script_storage.cpp
Line : 748
Description : ...ker call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:687: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)

I did. I started as Assaulter, then switched to Sniper and back again. Just for giggles I tried to play as Sniper and Recon to see if it was something up with Assaulter and nothing new.

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011

FirstPersonShitter posted:

edit: also where can i find the 'alcoholic and a dickhead' song from the bandit base? i found a version of it on youtube but it's not as good and missing the english verse

I think this one is the same (5:21) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Ldwaqlqm8