Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I discovered ZRP is only a ~6MB file. I trust the OP when it says that it's the better and more updated mod, but what should I do if I'd still like to have Complete 2009's graphical enhancements (or their equivalent), which apparently didn't make it into ZRP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Ddraig posted:

You can pretty much copy and paste the textures from complete. Or use the photo realistic textures. I wouldn't recommend the absolute texture packs for SoC, they look really odd and ugly. Too sharp.

Thanks. What about the fancy FX (parallax, depth of field, motion blur, dynamic lighting)?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Complete actually uses older shaders than the ones in the OP. I would recommend either those or Meltac's Dynamic Shaders from moddb.

Well looks like I'm on board then, thanks! Are these the right links to the "photorealistic" and "absolute" texture packs you mentioned earlier? I think I'll download them all and pick a favourite:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/photo-realistic-zone-2
http://absolute.crommcruac.com/

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Currently tuning my ZRP settings. Can I get a quick primer on how the dynamic crosshair actually works in SoC+ZRP? Due to the lack of damage feedback, I can't quite tell if it correctly represents my gun's cone of fire (in which case the intro bandits appear to have way more health than I do and I should tone that down), or if there are any "hidden" accuracy penalties causing me to miss even if the cone of fire is entirely on target (in which case I'd try to increase player accuracy because I don't want to miss from that up close).