Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

bobfather posted:

Anomalies spawn artifacts.

For all three STALKER games I believe that each emission that occurs holds with it a chance to spawn an artifact in a given anomaly.

I know this behavior holds true with CoP, but I can't recall if it's the case in Vanilla Clear Sky and ShoC.
This is not the case in vSoC, as there are no random emissions in vSoC. Many mods added moving anomalies and artifact spawning along with random emissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
SVU is pretty handy, the G36 is very, very good. The Groza can be murderous if you've got the armor to get in close and mix it up, but like you, I tend to gravitate towards the longer-range weapons. NATO weapons are all pretty solid in that role. If you're playing SoC, the LR300 can easily be picked up from mercs in Wild Territory. In other games, the SIG550 is a very good gun. The unique version in CoP is great.

There's also always the VAL, but yeah, I really do like the Vintorez (and Tide is just too good) in the Stalker games.