Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That looks so goddamn cool. I like the idea of the zone messing with weather, barrels getting thrown about, stalkers/bandits/mutants getting thrown by the wind, miniature whirlpools, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Jesus, i tried anomaly out and I can't even kill the boars at the start with tutorial guy without having to reload 10 times. As soon as we finish that we get jumped by bandits and exosuit zombies. What the gently caress? Lmao

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I still really like it but I have to just accept that i'm not going to get all of the flash drives and that faction wars are kinda broke.

You know what annoys me? Invisible bloodsuckers being literally invincible so the best way to fight one was to sit in a corner with a shotgun out and wait for it to go for you. zzzzzzzz

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

aniviron posted:

drat, he does? I missed this. Where is he?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't, scar is just in the naming pool

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
There's something about the roar that makes the hairs on my neck tingle a bit.

That said I still clear out the bloodsucker lair in CoP with grenades and autoshottys rather than lugging the poison back.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

This always made more sense. Why’d they turn the artifacts invisible?

Probably to make it so you had to "hunt" for them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Voyager I posted:

Should I be worried that they apparently weren't interested in hiring someone fluent in English to write their English store page? This has some pretty strong RPGmaker Shovelware energy.

Like, I would love a Stalker 2, but this level of inattention to detail isn't filling me with enthusiasm.

Sounds pretty on brand to me.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I would have absolutely been all over the open world stuff in Anomaly if the map was bigger, to be honest. As it stands the only way they can stop you from getting from one side to the other in 10 minutes is by bumping up the mutants which feels very not stalker, but at the same time just effortlessly clearing everything also doesn't sound very stalker. Hard balance.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Voyager I posted:

I've been dipping my toes into Anomaly and the very first 'training' mission pits you against a pack of boars that will two-shot you on the middle difficulty setting and happily devour the AI companion who comes along for the ride as well. Am I missing something or is this just how the game is going to be?

I remember trying to brute force that and running out of ammo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Missing Name posted:

also lol of ANYONE expected this to be released on the initial date they said

I wanna put this forward onto just about any big game being released these days. If you don't get a delay its because management wants to hit a release window and it fucks you in otherways. Notable point being the new battlefield, which looks like it needed like, 6 more months at minimum.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'd say "if i ever had to shoot one again it'd be too soon" but it'd probably jam anyway.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm playing Gamma as Clear Sky, i've just taken out the brain scorcher.

Is that the end of that particular questline? I can't see a follow up nor can i remember what it was supposed to do. I've already been to Zaton and Jupiter so it feels like i just spent a shitton of resources for almost no reason.

Also, the Hip questline, I went with the freedom option rather than taking her to the Barkeep, what happens if you take her there instead?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I assume to get exo in gamma i actually need to get it off someone right? I've found a book but not crafted that actual exo kit yet.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nice, after bitching about one not dropping in 50 hours or whatever i found one randomly in a stash that's up to 100%. Ecologist one, but i'll take it.

My next step is to try and figure out how to get the mod so i can look at companions true inventory to work because hip has like, 50 guns. I did notice that she's finally killed enough things to become a trainee, though!

Edit: This exosuit is not the upgrade I was thinking it'd be, looking at the stat's I need some serious artifact work to get it as good in a straight fight as the heavy suit.

Its cool tho

dogstile fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 5, 2024

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

moller posted:

The exoskeletons are basically all in on carry weight. Nosorogs (and to a lesser extent Exosuits) are the up-armored versions.

Yeah, i dumped it to go back to my regular kit for the final strelok quests (at least i think so).

Spent about an hour trying to figure out how to jump the ladder on the sarcophagus. Actually accidentally went to the wish granter first. I found it, said nothing because i remember the original game and now i'm just about to finish off the final set of rooms. I am so hosed for ammo, i brought like 500 rounds and its almost all gone.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Boy there really is nothing else like realising you're out of ammo and having to finish off the rest of the monolith soldiers using nothing but an axe and their tendency to reload for 5 years after shooting at your teammates.

That's the main quest done. There's now a new line? How big is this mod, goddamn. I'm gonna have to throw the dev's some money, i've gotten more hours out of this than most games i've bought in the last year.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Kinda wishing when I went into the sarcophagus that I took back one of the exo's, I was just so overencumbered by the end.

Granted, half of that weight was me going "oh this is a cool gun with the really expensive tac kit on it".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm moving my base from Cordon to Yanov, so I had to actually ignore loot last night and do it.

The main reason for this is that aside from needing a base this far up, the workbench in the Cordon lags the game for a solid 10 seconds when I open it now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is gonna happen everywhere, it's because the way the workbench works is that anything that's stored in the workbench will be temporarily moved into your inventory when you open it up, then put back when you close it. So if there's a shitload of items in there, it takes a while for the game to just iterate through all of them and transfer them over.

Oh I know, its just this time i'll definitely only use this workbench for weapon parts, only this one for armour parts, only this one for artifact hunting, i'll keep a spare box for guns and ammo.

Check back with me in another 20 hours when they're all full of random 1% barrels again

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh I know, i'm just lazy and keep hitting "loot all".

I was sensible for the first 30 or so hours of playing! I only took 60% plus things!

Then I discovered that it doesn't matter if cloth is at 1%, you can still craft with it.

Then i stopped caring at all

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

buglord posted:

I think if stalker 2 is good ill probably do one run of it using mostly default values/settings and then all my runs after will include carry weight 999999999999 kg modifiers. reading about carry weight issues is bringing back trauma.

Was carry weight even that big of a deal in non-modded stalker?

I'm only having carry weight issues because i'm dismantling 80,000 things and hoarding it, you don't do that in base stalker at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Huh, weird. I didn't really notice, i did all of my money gathering via artifact stuff.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

moller posted:

I recall when playing SoC shortly after release that I dedicated all of my artifact slots to stamina recovery (and/or carry weight?) because otherwise you could only sprint for a few seconds before having to stand still and catch your breath. It was a maddening mechanic in a game with so much backtracking and traversal.

Mine was the one that got rid of radiation, then just carry weight. But I always ran super light up until end game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Are RPG's on in default gamma? I see the ammo around but i've not seen one being used.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Huh, weird. I fought through the whole place without seeing one.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I kinda like that not everywhere has easy access to stuff. Clear sky has it all in one spot but their base is a pain in the rear end to get to, rookie village is really safe, but you trade off that by having to travel back and forth for stuff. Garbage is Garbage, Jupiter and Zaton have everything close but their areas are actually dangerous, etc etc.

Your medic is lining the inside of Sidorovich's pockets with rubles.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The downside of rostok is that the mechanic and the trader are annoyingly far from eachother and you have to put up with Duty :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

MadlabsRobot posted:

I checked out the guide and I think I have started to get a hang on the basics of maintenance and repairs. I don't really understand how the condition of a gun works though. I tried to fix up a pistol by swapping out parts and cleaning until each part was at 99%, but couldn't get the
overall condition higher than 55%. I used it for a while and overall condition dropped to 54% and when i then cleaned it again the overall condition increased to 64%. Exactly what determines how high I can get the overall condition, is it connected to items with "repair bonus"?

Guns are weird.

So, with armour, the internal parts all add up to the condition of the armour itself (and its why its so easy to get suits up and running, because once you get armour up to 55% or something, you can use a kit to just boost everything in it to 100%).

With guns, the internal parts are separate from the condition. Take a pistol with 3 parts, you can a gun with everything at 99% and a barrel at 61% and it'll still have the gun at 20% or so. You can remove the barrel, clean it and get that to 100%, the gun itself still needs to be brought up in condition.

It's also why you can occasionally have a gun at 100% condition jam occasionally, because it'll have a hosed trigger/spring. You can see that by hovering over it and you'll see "dirty x" on the part you have to clean.

moller posted:

For healing, there are two kinds of healing items - first aid (bandages, medkits) and post healing (ibuprofin, yadulin). You use the first aid to restore yellow (temporary) health to extremities and then use the post-heal item to restore the temporary health to normal health. You will probably often do this in combat, while cowering behind cover.

I mostly just keep things in yellow health until combat is actually over because i know the moment i make it perm health i'm getting shot in that bodypart again.