Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, I decided to ditch Misery 2.1 and now I'm back to 1.2.

But also AA2 for SoC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

XTimmy posted:

Jesus I downloaded Misery 2.1 because 1.2 is apparently vaporware now and my inventory looks like some taticlol kiddie shat in it.

I think I've got the files for 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 kicking around somewhere. It'd probably going to be like a 4 hour upload once I dig them up.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

:toot:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yu9rdvbuej8ncy7/MISERY_patch_2.zip

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hey, does anyone know how to set the default fire mode of a weapon? For example, I pick up an MP-5 and it's already on 3-shot burst mode instead of RAMBOOOO. I'm trying to make the AN-94 more like its real-life counterpart - 2 shot, high-RPM burst with the accuracy of a semi-auto. That works just fine, but to avoid misusing the 1800 RPM fire rate, I'm limiting it to only the 2-shot burst. Problem is, when I mess around with my inventory and whatnot, it always switches back to the (now non-existent) full-auto mode. The fire indicator says something like "0" or "124" or "-929858923959," at which point I switch to "2."

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 27, 2014

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MISERY 2.1.1 was just released.

Among other fixes:

quote:

- Anabiotics work properly now
- All NPC types are slightly less resistant to bullets (especially lighter-armored ones)
- Additional optimization of textures to decrease memory usage
- Mechanics charge significantly more for repairs and give smaller discounts

Hang on, lemme go finish shutting off the Brain Scorcher.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 30, 2014

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, the graphics and atmosphere is better. Just as long as you don't actually play and freeroam with cheats.

gently caress MISERY.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Meltdown321 posted:

What's Autumn Aurora 2 like for SoC?

:getin:

I'm rockin' an FAL and boy howdy ho am I wrecking poo poo.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Synnr posted:

E; Somehow I got to the stalker facebook page, it is pretty sweet. The russian LARPer type guys are great.

The Polish fandom is p cool too.

Also a good source of lovely S.T.A.L.K.E.R. memes.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

:stonk: :cthulhu:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Я не знаю, it came from the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R facebook.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The STALKER universe doesn't have "women" in it. Men reproduce by inseminating mud in a joyless asexual exercise.

:smith:f course there's a fix for that

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm already loving around with the Lost Alpha sounds. I'm working on two alternate weapon sound mods: one more realistic (for realism, durr), and one drawing mainly from RE4 and 007 Nightfire (for theatrical effect).

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

The good nightfire or the bad one?

The good one, I got bored the other day, hooked up the Gimpcube and recorded sfx.

The quality is actually pretty good, which is surprising considering I was also drunk at the time.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Guys, I just restarted my LA game and I think I broke it already

my money has gone up to 25 million rubles now, actually. it seems that the paper money you can pick up from dead guys is borked

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. facebook page continues to deliver hilarity.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

Here's part of the design notes for emissions I had planned.

http://pastebin.com/L82DgMig

Disturbing cloud patterns was right. I actually got a really cool texture artist to make a slight variation of the emission cloud patterns leading up to it that was pretty much a huge Skull looking down on the Zone if you looked at it right. A bitch to implement subtly but it was kind of neat when a few people I tested it with looked up and saw death itself staring down at them, kind of.

holy poo poo, this sounds like hell

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

My experience with LA so far has been:

See that thing over there? The rock? That nearly vertical chunk of garbage? The crumbling building? Let's see if I can jump up there for shits an giggles! And then there's some sort of minor item up there. :toot: I only just got underground the Agroprom, as I said "gently caress it, explore the factory while the military is raiding it."

Also, did I mention the money is currently busted? If someone has ruble bills and you click on the item instead of "take all," you can net 500k easy. It goes from say 3645 to 1290 to 12414 to 9734 to 5632 and then eventually 60000, 50000, 40000, 30000, 20000, 10000 and then finally it vanishes.

Stubby .44 revolver:
:gibs: :ocelot::downs:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

MadBimber posted:

Bar still stutttters.

Worst loving offender right there.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I did have some problems loading Rostok, which boiled down to two sources:
1.) Static lighting is actually worse than limited dynamic and
2.) My continued sound mod fuckery

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

I'm a bit rusty, though. I do have a functioning port of the greatest Clear Sky mod for LA, though: Pseudodoggles.

The only one you really need.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Saint Sputnik posted:

Is the merc faction supposed to be hostile by default or did something I've done aggro them?

Aggressive, with a loving awful respawn rate. Seriously, if you try to go by the gas station or Hatchet's Hidey Hole, bring lots of ammo. Firing any shots at that gas station will bring the masses upon you, including a good chance of Hatchet and his men.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Swartz posted:

Does anyone here do anything with audio? I'd ask Daemonion but he seems really busy.

I'm going to need a reload sound for a Mini-14 with brand new animations.

Once I get a video of the animation I can edit this post with the video so you have an idea of what you'd be working with.

Best way to contact me is to message me at ModDB (username: jketiynu ).

Me! Me! Just make sure the video is highish res so I can check when clicks should go in and stuff.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Swartz posted:

Enigma beat you to it: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dunrvv886ukdu64/mini14_reload.ogg

I'll likely be needing an Uzi reload sound in the next month or so. Let me know what your ModDB username is and when the time comes for it I'll send you a message.

Byez_Imyeni

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I'm still playing the latest misery 2.1, a lot of the half-implemented features are working now and if anything the difficulty is toned down and the economics are easy. I'm swimming in ruples. Man up :getin:.

Also, favorite bug so far: when tremor killed himself his gun wasn't loaded, so it just clicked, but he still fell over dead. I think he's faking! Never trust a vampire.

I like giving him a .45 to the noggin, Godfather style.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

In misery today I quicksaved out in the concrete area outside the jupiter plant where the bandits hang out near the crates and truck, totally oblivious to the giant, 9 pseudodogs, 2 psy-dogs and some regular dogs that were coming over the top of the nearest hill. It must have been 2 or 3 groups that merged together, plus the giant.

All I can say is thank god for rifle grenades and a saiga full of buckshot.

Also, I had to go back to the back of the jupiter plant twice, and each time the 2 controllers and 4-6 bloodsuckers resparned (the first time there was a giant as well). This was all still hilariously easy compared to the chimera cocktail misery 2.0.1 threw at you. I haven't seen a chimera outside of the hunting quests, I don't think, but I haven't been out a whole lot at night and I just got to pripyat.

Did you do all of trapper's quests?

Saint Sputnik posted:

I cleared the controllers out of the iron forest but didn't have psy-gear to get near the chopper (didn't realize there's a ghost there you have to kill to end the brain drain), and when I came back a bit later it was full of hooded whats-their-names and chimera.

These fuckers?

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 5, 2014

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

"gar_field_cache"

Oh gently caress, please tell me you've found more ridiculous puns in there.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

And yet, maybe it was just me, but the CoP maps still seemed too crowded.

I'm odd in that I like biiiiig areas to explore.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are there any mods for a 7.62 Nagant revolver floating about in the Zone?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

Seems kind of weird that you have to go all the way around the area to get to the main entrance. I guess it's for security, but in the stalker world you think some enterprising soul would put some way to sneak in easily, if only for convenience sake. Still can't get the universal acdc to work so I can't unpack the all spawn yet, but I'm kind of thinking of putting a little box or something so you can get in the bar easily if you want to.

The VIP entrance is right at the front, if you've hosed around the Arena enough.

Still doesn't make sense, even with the reasoning "We want to keep the riffraff out"

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Crosspostin' from the Weird Fanart Thread:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did you know that Roadside Picnic is implied to take place in Canada? It's true!

Also, there is a ton of fanart based on the last scene of the book on tumblr so I won't post those here.

second quote is from this:
http://kopfstoff.blogspot.com/2013/12/thesis-roadside-picnic-sci-fi-graphic.html

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 21, 2014

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I went back through the original CoP files and listened to all of the Mooze music again. Logic escapes me as to why.

I can't stop listening to Zaton's day theme. I don't know why. It's so chill, yet distinctly unsettling at the same time.

Jupiter's night theme is pretty awesome too, as is Pripyat's day theme.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

That's one reason I stopped playing Misery. A Pseudogiant is fine, two is ok if you've already got something decent to shoot. But they throw them at you from square one when all you have is a goddamn lupara.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

I'm pretty sure those two are always intended to be in that area by the sawmill. I always encountered them when I was there

There's three there.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

The only problem with including this is figuring out where to put it:

I'm thinking the wandering merchant can get it for you, for a hell of a lot of money.

Ooooooh...

also, have you ever heard of the XM214 Microgun? It was a 5.56 Gatling that could theoretically been a one-man portable gun. Just a simple copy with a new .cfg would be simple enough, right?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

If you hold down "use," items should have the labels pop up if you get close enough to them. You can even snag them through the doors and stuff.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

McGiggins posted:

It's a shame these games aren't co-op, that'd be awesome.

Despite the frantic urgings of a european friend of mine to play and finish it, I have never been able to get anywhere with Call of Pripyat. I always get insta-murdered by dog packs, no matter where I go or how I try to fight.

Maybe I'm just terrible.

Definitely don't do MISERY then. One of their ways of making the game harder seems to be "OK, mutantdog.spawn... It says spawn 5. Eh, make it 15. Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+V."

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

It would be awesome if bolts/nuts were actually an inventory item. Throw it, watch it fly. If it doesn't dissolve, you can pick it up again, or leave it to mark the safe path.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

I think you can tell which gun is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7OkWNsXH_o

The first thing I'm going to do with it is to mod the firing sounds in from Nightfire. The "AIMS-20" in action.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Have you noticed that the pump-action shotgun has a weird fire rate? As in, you can fire before you even start the pump animation. I've seen it in many mods and no one goes "huh, this is weird..." I'm fixing it in my files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Is it upgraded? One of the mods is something like making it "semi-auto" (I think the last possible fire rate modification) even though it still uses the pumping animation when you fire.

Stock. I dicked around and modded it so that it can fire again just as the barrel is level again after racking.

Also lazily working on a Baaaaaaad Company 2 sound mod, but that's a different story. You know the reason why Bad Company sounds, they're pretty good. I'll work on this til the day I die.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 13, 2015