Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

I was doing pretty good and got to the first level transition。I decided to stay behind and look around a little. Then a random guy spawned in. While I was trading with him 3 or 4 bandits spawned in the same room and killed us.

Yep, this happens. It's pretty hilarious when you're just chilling with whoever's holding the outpost and then suddenly they go into crouch, raise their weapons and start slowly walking around like that looking for hostiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

I'm playing Clear Sky complete and I'm noticing that my assault rifles weren't giving me much effort. I finally noticed during a fire fight as I aimed down the sights that my first bullet streaked about 30 degrees away from the barrel. Is there any reason bullets have issues going straight?

Yeah, Clear Sky has terrible ballistics. There's a mod kickin' around the internet that fixes this, but I don't have a link on hand right now.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

Delicate? Dude I stabbed the steering wheel of a car and it blew up.

That works on APCs in the vanilla game as well, actually. Devs forgot to set correct stab damage immunity values for vehicles :v:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Dice Dice Baby posted:

So APCs will take on bullet after bullet with no effect but it will explode if a knife ever so gently kisses its blade across said APC it will explode like it's inflatable

Sounds like a feature, not a bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUPR2WFRPxc

Yep.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Swartz posted:

Yep, got my first bone error log after rescuing Fox. Don't know what they added that would cause that error.

Also, is it just me or is the AI in this worse than in SOC? An example of this is the military at the bridge aimed their weapons at me but didn't shoot at all when I went up on a ledge and just shot them all with my pistol.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I might wait for a patch or something before I keep playing.

Apparently the bone errors pop up when you've got the body awareness option turned on (aka your legs) - turn that off and everything should work fine (and you'll get your shadow and footsteps back too!)

I'm guessing they tried to make stealth a more viable option? but yeah, it just makes the AI look retarded instead. I shot everyone at the checkpoint bar one guy I couldn't find, then when I was walking back I found him - he was just camped out on the hill with a SVD and didn't even realize what was going on when I shot him in the head. (then I had to shoot him again 'cause apparently 9x18 is just *that* weak?)

All in all, it's really fun (I found an entire goddamn large bunker under Cordon that wasn't there before!) but crashy and buggy... so typical Stalker, I guess. And it runs like rear end - my laptop might be weak as hell but I can handle SoC comfortably on medium with static lighting, but LA refuses to run decently unless I set everything to the lowest settings.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Vorenus posted:

Oh? Where is this?
You know the anomaly filled tunnel that's supposed to be an alternate route if you can't/don't want to shoot your way through the military? In regular SoC it's got some weird complicated electrical anomaly and you have to time it right to get through? There's a door in it, go through it and explore. Watch out for the zombies, though (they're a massive pain in the rear end in LA, unless you use grenades)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

Groza chambered in 7.62x54mm. That 9mm round is kind of a joke, at least from my point of view if one were to use it as a proper high powered rifle with actual range. Unless the drop in stopping power/penetration/damage isn't really much of a factor at longer ranges. In my experiences it is though.

Just for shits and giggles chamber it with the round the SVU/SVD uses. That would be one awesome gun, considering the grenade launcher.

Why stop there? :getin: