Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

It'd be impossible. That said:

http://survarium.com/en

The concept of a living, breathing (or coughing and retching from the radiation and all that smoking) Zone is an awesome one. When SoC was out, I used to spend hours wandering idly around, dodging packs of pseudo dogs and ambushing lone bandits to steal their baked beans and baguettes and totally ignoring the main storyline. Which is probably why I've never actually finished SoC. But... I dunno. An MMO of it seems like it would inevitably water down a lot of the atmosphere of S.T.A.L.K.E.R - either you'd end up with an overpopulated nuclear disaster zone where you spend more time avoiding other players hell-bent on looting your corpse or something that's more akin to a Counterstrike mod.

Which the currently available info on Survarium certainly makes it looks like, alas. I'll probably still check it out when it hits open beta and I certainly hope that the freeplay orientated stuff is less shotmans than the team play thing sounds.

Time to download ZRP and Misery and see if this resolves the "running like poo poo" issue I was having last time I tried playing SoC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU