Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
2.1 was actually really stable and fun for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ddraig posted:

Misery is hosed and will be for the foreseeable future. If you're one of the lucky ones it happens to work perfectly for, that's great, but they've routinely lied about patches, implemented features and how they work since 2.0. I can tell you personally that half of the fixes they supposedly put into 2.1 they simply haven't bothered. I routinely get angry messages on moddb where people are blaming me for not fixing issues in 2.1 where my fixes have supposedly been implemented but haven't.

The developers are also content to stick their fingers in their ears and ignore legitimate problems because they personally haven't encountered them, therefore they do not exist. I would get a routine crash when looting mutants. Told MDT, promptly got told 'this doesn't crash, shut up'.

It was only when every single Russian player using a Russian version of the game said the exact same thing as me that they realised there was a serious fault in that script and their fix was to use the English version of the game.

I'm slightly annoyed with them, if you can't tell.

For the record, I was talking about SGM 2.1, not Misery. I'm not sure if you were replying to me or not, just thought I'd clear it up in any case.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Imagine doing tech support for the matrix :gonk:

In other news, I'm finally playing Lost Alpha, and it hasn't crashed more than vanilla SoC, so that's good. What's not so good is the sometimes dumb mission design. When I want to rescue that mechanic from the Sin guys, he proceeded to immediately run into the military guys at the bridge and got sniped. Sidorovich then complemented me on a job well done, remarking on how there wasn't even a scratch on him. Now I can't use the mechanic. Are there more of them? Also, this is more of a vanilla complaint as well, but I hate that the Bar is locked until you do the Agroprom mission. It's an open world game, I feel like I should be able to go where I want to go.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I kinda feel like reinstalling. Misery or SGM? Any thoughts?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Monolith. posted:

SGM 1.7 is my favorite.

Installed 2.2; RIP. Embrace the Rusian weirdness. Бу́дем здоро́вы!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so with misery being spergy nonsense, what mods are good for pripyat?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
how do you actually play last day? i just downloaded it and gave it a try. first impressions:

start 1: spawned in a closed room on one side of the giant grapevine anomaly in pripyat, no way to get out except to jump. restarted.
start 2: figured out you can choose where you spawn, so i started on the skadovsk. walked around the ship a bit, heard sounds of fighting outside. went up to the upper deck to see, a reloading stalker popped out of the door into the ship, followed by two angry boars who killed me and then him.
start 3: skadovsk again. walked around, within minutes the ship was overrun by a pack of cats who killed gonta and a bunch of stalkers. i stood up on a railing so they couldn't reach me. killed them, cleared the lower ship of rats and dogs, went outside, got eaten by a bloodsucker.

i am unsure what i'm supposed to be doing in this mod.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
who owns the STALKER franchise these days? i'm really hoping for a new game on an engine that is actually good. i'd kill for a singleplayer STALKER game on the tarkov engine :swoon:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Dead Air question: I'm somewhat at a loss at the very start. My max carry weight is just under 11 kilos, so even with just the clothes on my body and the gun in my hands, i lose stamina even just walking, not even sprinting. This doesn't feel intended.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Purchase and equip a backpack.

i found a backpack but all i can do with it is make a stash. how do i equip it?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

That's a camping backpack, buy one that isn't described as 'lets you place a stash anywhere.'

ah, ok.

do you have any tips for how to start the game? what should i be doing to make a bit of money, what items do i need, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Morter posted:

Good luck. I still haven't gotten an answer for:

oh i'd love to know that too! the one med kit i bought took about a third of my money lol. also what's a good way to get food?