Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Hey, is there an Unfucker patch for Misery 2.0.2? Google isn't showing anything up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
So in Misery 2.0.2 with the Hotfix patch, the Evolution-9 silencers don't work for my GSh-18, even though it is 9x19 mm and I have upgraded it to have a silencer affinity, what gives?

EDIT: Apparently a 9x18 mm silencer works on the GSh-18, even though it uses 9x19 mm ammo.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 3, 2013

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

sobkas posted:

Misery 2.0.2 fixes this as in:

Are you using a savefiles line that started before You patched misery to 2.0.2?

In file
configs/weapons/upgrades/w_gsh18_up.ltx
what value is in silencer_name?
Is it wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 or wpn_addon_silencer_9x19?

Well, it is wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 in my config, but I'm pretty sure I installed the 2.0.2 + QF before installing the Hotfix. Also, I started a new save just for the Hotfix too!

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Idk, everything else seems to be running properly, and I am not in the mood for restarting my game, I'll see if anything else unusual turns up.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Reivax posted:

Is there any particular sound overhaul to go for, in regards to CoP? I saw something called AA mentioned a couple pages back, but searching only gets me results about anti-aliasing.

Sounds like Autumn Aurora, although I've never used it before so I'm not sure.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Swartz posted:

I'm now working on a new mod after a bit of a break. It's going to be for CS (which I now feel is stable after beating it with SRP latest version).
After working with COP for so long I'm appreciating the modability of CS as it has some features COP removed for some reason.

I'll post a feature list when I'm further along or I'll just make a ModDB page.
Wow. Are you looking to expand on the faction wars aspect of the game as well, or are you just going to improve the game in general (or maybe both)?

You ought to name your mod "Clearer Skies", just saying.

Or you could just call it "Swartz mod" I guess.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Sounds good, but we need "Clearest" obviously.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

So I've been playing some TFW, and I'm trying to gain favour with the bandits here, but I cancelled a mission by the shopkeeper that sent me all the way to the Swamps just to kill a Clear Sky boss for a pittance. But then I ran out of things to do for the bandits, do the shopkeeper's jobs regenerate or does he have no more jobs for you once you complete all 3 of his available jobs? Currently I'm trying to gain favours by talking to squad leaders but finding a squad leader that needs me is getting quite tedious.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Ddraig posted:

They respawn once a day. Don't sweat it.

And so they do, thanks a lot!

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Uhm, is there a way to disable the helmet overlays for TFW? Because it looks like helmets are sort of "hacked in" here so I have no idea where to look for the helmet overlay files in the gamedata folder.

NonzeroCircle posted:

Somehow COP works on my GF's lovely laptop, and even with everything set to low (getting a decent framerate) poking round Jupiter is still a terrifying experience. On my main PC (quad core 3.5ghz, 8 gig RAM, HD7850) I am playing with just Complete installed, and have played the first part of the game many times, so I was wondering what (if any) story/mission mods are good? Gonna also reinstall SOC which I never got too far in- any decent recommendations for that too? I have read the OP but I know these games have a pretty active mod scene so what would you guys deem 'essential'?

You can try downloading Lost Alpha, which is apparently pretty stable now.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Leif. posted:

Do you mean the "make it look like you're looking through the goggles of the helmet" thing? It's a selectable option in the TFW options menu.

Oh, I feel dumb, thanks!

Edit: Uh, as a bandit, am I not allowed to enter the Depot anymore? Loners are fine with me but it seems like the people guarding the Depot are shooting me on sight.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 25, 2014

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

That's because the depot is the loner home base. I don't recall meeting any bandits there.

Aren't loners and bandits sort of cool with each other? I mean, I'm a bandit running errands for the loners who made themselves feel at home in the factory lobby, and they seem cool with me. So far the only loners who have turned hostile on me are the folks at the Depot, and even then, not all of them until I start shooting back. It looks like it should be a neutral zone though, even the military hangs out there.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Archonex posted:

Keep in mind that the bandits are the dickheads of the zone. All the poo poo that's trying to kill people, and they go around holding up random loners for cash and goods just because they don't have an affiliated power backing them up.

Of course the garbage loners are going to take a shot at them if they do that. It's a neutral zone. Not a "everyone come party even if you're a cold-blooded murderer/thief" zone.

Yeah, but it's hilarious to see stalkers constantly coming in and out of the bandit base and doing their shopping there, we should kick them out imo.

So, I guess Defiance is the easiest route then? You get to access the best mechanic.

And I've ran into a green stalker from the Trader faction in the military warehouses, where Freedom hangs out, idk how he became green but he let me know the SECRET locations of the PDA dude and the special weapons dude, so that's cool I guess. Also great to have a cheap resupplier of goods while I'm on a campaign to wreck Freedom.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 27, 2014

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

lol I seem to be running into a bug, trying to go from Army Warehouses to Garbage, and my Mosin Nagant turns into a Chaser 13 shotgun, reloading doesn't seem to fix it, it always turns into a chaser 13 after the transition. Unequipping the weapons seem to spawn a new chaser 13 right into my hands, with my original weapons in my inventory. The zone is a weird place.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

So in an effort to make the depot accessible to me, I've steamrolled Cordon and wiped out Defiance. Then something unusual happened, before I destroyed Defiance, the some of the loners in the depot were neutral to me, but now after destroying defiance, all of the loners in the depot are hostile (red), and only in the depot, loners everywhere else are still fine, they've even given me the coordinates to the secret merchant. The statistics screen shows that too.

Also yeah, they're loners and not defiance, staring at them for a while shows their faction and they are indeed loners.

I guess I'll have to stick to lovely unupgraded weapons then.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

You may have to wipe them out too in the depot. SoC glitched like that for me before. Came into the Bar area from the warehouse area and there were a few military right there, firefight ensued and suddenly found myself being fired on by duty. Figured what the hell and shot back, stalkers got involved and I ended up wiping out everyone in the area 'cept the people down in the actual bar and left. when I came back everyone was cool, but no duty around.

Yeah, but doing that makes Loners all over hate me though.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

I hope to god it gets released AND ported to CoC post haste.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

After installing the A-life mod I seem to be noticing a lot more people, like the rookie village finally has a respectable amount of people and I frequently encounter soldier dudes and bandits, and huge bands respawn in just a few days. Maybe it's just confirmation bias though.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

You spoil me, Ddraig. Although having teleporter NPCs would be really good, especially if you're adding in faction wars. It sure is a pain in the rear end to get around the Zone, now that it is pretty big!

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

After installing CoC 2.0 and the A-life Debalance, Nimble seems to have disappeared from the Rookie Village. Is he now in Skadovsk?

Edit: Nvm I think it's fixed now, probably another mod interfering with Nimble's spawn.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 12, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Just so you guys know 1.2.22 is out, together with the AutoUpdater.

Will DDraig be updating his modmod?

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

After applying DDraig's CoC Mod 2.1, motion blur doesn't seem to be working anymore on DirectX10 or 11, and I made sure I reinstsalled the mblur patch linked earlier in the thread. What gives?

EDIT: I am a huge idiot and forgot to put the -mblur argument before launching the game.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 21, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

nexus6 posted:

(excluding your mod - I haven't tried that because I don't like HUD-covering facemasks)

FYI you can turn the mask HUD off in the in-game menu, his mod is good.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

E.Nigma has finally ported AO3 officially this time:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul/downloads/call-of-chernobyl-1224-addon

Gonna try it out and see how it compares to the unofficial port!

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Morter posted:

Eagerly awaiting a trip report. :munch:

I have not actually played this in a while, and the unofficial version of AO3 that I last tried was 1.x, so I'm not sure how it compares to 2.0 but a few things I've noticed in my brief time with this so far:

As a loner, you start with a sawnoff
Shotguns right now are VERY lethal, almost everyone drops dead with a well placed shot. They fly away rather satisfyingly too (not really seeing too many "forced" death animations).
Weapon prices are more sane this time around. It's about 5,700 rubles for an AK74.
Ammo prices are about the same I think.
The guns feel the same as in the unofficial mod; the unofficial porter did a good job of porting the actual weapons.

All in all no complaints from me so far, I've not seen any annoying bullet-spongery going on and the economy seems more balanced than what I had experienced with the unofficial port.

EDIT: Looks like Nimble doesn't do custom orders now, his cool guns are all just placed in his Trade menu (his guns are very, very expensive). But he still offers contracts for guns though.

Also is mblur not working now? I even have the mblur shader from Lost Alpha installed.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 20, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Morter posted:

:confuoot: WHICH AO3? :confuoot:

Edit. I'm looking at both (Official/Unofficial), and I don't see any updates.

It's been out for a while (the official one)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul/news/call-of-chernobyl-1224-addon-november-20th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

Reinstalling Call of Pripyat again because I really fancied the open experience of Call of Chernobyl. Are there any other mods it plays nicely with that people would recommend?

Call of Chernobyl is standalone so you don't need to install CoP and most mods for CoP aren't really compatible with CoC.

I'd recommend grabbing OWR out of all of the weapons mods, and look for the Absolute Nature and Absolute Structure texture packs so STALKER doesn't look like poo poo.