Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Same. I think I turned down how quickly batteries drain once a couple of patches ago just so I could listen to the radio without anxiety and that's it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Is it really that weird to think that a mod pack modifying a mod has specific design and balance decisions to create a whole experience and that loving with those decisions without thought might lessen the intended experience? :shrug:

Not that you shouldn't, but it's a bit weird to think it's necessary to do to play the mod properly.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It's weird to complain about those decisions instead of tuning them to something you like since the tuning nob is right there.

Who even complained?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Namnesor posted:

D... did I just kill a player character?

Are you playing with the Souls-like mod and have you died? I watched a streamer play with it while it was in development and you can find people who looted your corpse.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of 5.45 HP, turns out, this AEK makes a great anti-mutant gun. Not quite as effective or cost effective bullet-per-bullet as 45 hydra-shock, but still quite capable of shredding mutants, which the AEK can do quite well thanks to its high ROF (~900RPM). I use the magazines mod, which means I can even use 60 round mags with it. In addition, it can mount a GP-25 which is an excellent "gently caress off" to UNSIG, Pseudogiants, Black Chimera, Exo-suits/Nosrogs, or just about anything else.

I think I've finally found a loadout I'm relatively happy with. I get my favorite gun, an SR-2M, as well as a powerful 54R long rifle, a solid anti mutant gun, and a grenade launcher.

Did you know at some point Grok changed Gamma so that simply having empty lead containers in your inventory will protect you from the radiation of the equivalent amount of artefacts without having to actually insert them? And this also works in workbenches?

The AEK in anomaly used to have a really annoying hitch in its sway animation when you were walking. Is that still there?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Bunch of loving sickos. Might as well play with the cursor keys.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The nomogram really pulls the room together.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

moot the hopple posted:

That's a shame, I wanted to play Revolver Ocelot/have some Ostern action in the Zone.

Modders, please now add in the Russian contract Winchester 1895 that was chambered in 7.62x54, thank you :ocelot:

With a box magazine to boot!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

"Does anyone have an icepick I can borrow?"

Ramón Mercader moments after emerging from a time anomaly

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Yeah for the pump station the nearby clearsky controlled tower is a godsend if you have a rifle.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Trip report: I connected with a gestalt being calling itself the C-Consciousness

Mate, it's not even psychoactive.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Shot missed successfully

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I'm glad that's all it is :dumb:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
That sounds like a really good set of changes.

e: From the last page

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think Grok was considering adding quest asking for gunsmithing kits but afaik has not yet.

Change of plans for the future update:

quote:

For the next update I wanted to make armor balance my priority, but I think the artefacts system is not good enough to start balancing armors around it.

I will thus rather focus on changing the artefacts system to make it more appealing and engaging, as well as less RNG.

The melter charges system will be abandoned because I think it adds too much micromanagement for a lot of people.

Artefacts will be able to be sold no matter their condition. That way it’s the player choice to make a bit of cash, or keep the artefacts for later use.

Instead of requiring 2 artefacts to make 1 artefact of higher tier, the recipes will convert 1 artefact of one tier, to one artefact of a tier above, by using mutant parts in the recipe. By doing this the upgrade path of artefacts will be clearer and less RNG. And this will also properly gate artefact crafting progression because some strong mutants don’t really spawn in the South. This will also push the player to keep certain mutant parts, and actively hunt mutant to craft better artefacts. I always wanted mutant parts to be used as something else than money maker, and this is the perfect opportunity.

T3+ artefacts (Snowflake, Full Empty…) will be removed from the fields spawns. But artefacts in the north will spawn with higher conditions. A general sentiment is that artefacts hunting is only valuable in the north because you can find T3 artefacts. This won’t be the case anymore.

Map based artefacts conditions: artefacts will spawn with higher condition in the north maps compared to the south maps. This means artefacts hunting will still be quicker in the north, but to go to T3 and T4 artefacts (compass…) you will need to craft them.

Detectors will passively beep in your pocket (MCM configurable) so you won’t miss artefacts in the field.

Overall I think this will push the player to get faster into artefacts crafting while making the endgame artefacts a bit longer to make, while making it less frustrating (that one single artefacts you need to upgrade your T3 artefact that never drops), and while making mutant parts actually useful.

I think that after the first iteration, some balancing patches will be rolled out, especially to nail the number of mutant parts needed for the artefacts crafting. I hope a majority will like the changes.

Speaking Grok he announced some upcoming changes he has planned for artefacts. The melter is going away.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ok never mind this apparently the tooltips is incorrect and this is basically a worthless repair kit!

Are you sure? They used to be pretty good?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Must have changed it

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."