Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Did anyone model this gun for COP yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdvuZZOhW2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Survarium is giving out beta keys. Is anyone here getting one?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That excellent boots story gave me an idea. What if, every time you die, you wake up at the camp. With all your gear still on your corpse, right where you died, waiting to be retreated.

It's strange to say, but I find the first hours of the game to be the most rewarding. Because of poo poo weapons, lack of armor and barely any ammo. Anything you do is a major achievement. But then once I get some good gear, I won't drop it voluntarily just to recreate the experience. It feels rightfully earned at that point. But a game mechanic that forces a player to do something like that may be a good thing.

In fact, why not have that character permanently die? You start at the camp as a fresh stalker, with a randomly generated name and basic starting gear. You won't be able to continue any quests from your previous character until you find his body.

This may be the most frustrating thing ever or shitloads of fun. Should definitely extend one's gameplay by many hours.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's looking really good. Can't wait to play your version of Misery or whatever you choose to call it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Ddraig posted:

Any day when you don't have to use your AK is a good day (in the Zone)
Sounds about right for Donetsk residents