Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sea of losers posted:

i reinstalled coc with a bunch of mods (ao3, texture and weather overhauls, doctorx quests/faction relations, dynamic anomolies, unlocked ai that im not sure is working, fast travel that i have not found at all) and i cannot for the life of me find a freaking h&k usp .45. i also dont know which suit can get 5 artifact slots since they seem to keep changing that

also does anyone know how to make news appear from levels other than the one you're in?

get the march from nimble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i haven't played call of misery yet but i was here itt when misery 2 came out and everyone was a big babby about it so it sounds like they got the balance just right

If you're having trouble with burers get a light, high powered pistol. They can't pull really lightweight guns out of your hands and a magazine of .45 from lets say full auto march will kill burers before they can put the shield up or anything

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 10, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if you were better prepared maybe it would have seemed more reasonable

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It just sounds to me like you forgot to bring enough buckshot and rifle grenades

e: also arab monolith is the best coc mod. now they scream allah akbar as they launch grenades and rockets at me, just like irl

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My biggest complaint with misery 2.2 so far is that bandits and mercs almost never drop cocaine anymore to help with the loot run

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Misery 2.x is fine and most of the historical goon gripes always seem to come down to goons just don't actually want to learn/use the new systems introduced by the mod (repairing weapons, eating mutants w/ a vodka chaser, selling garbage to the right vendor for the best price). Also either CoC/CoM have turned me into some kind of ubermensch or 2.2 feels easy as hell compared to how I remember 2.0 and 2.1.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm having a fun issue in Misery 2.2 right now where any save in the area around the jupiter factory is corrupt so I can't die clearing the 30 zombies, 2 chimeras, 2 controllers, 1 poultergeist, and misc bloodsuckers on the way around to the main entrance or I have to start all over from a save way back on the road outside

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

v1ld posted:

Sometimes save corruption happens due to mutant body parts being messed up. It's possible one of your mutants is corrupted. Worth seeing if leaving the map and returning fixes things.
tried this already, even went to zaton on vacation for a couple of days, did not fix

Section Z posted:

One of these things is not like the other.

That said, do you have any hard saves outside of combat or not anywhere near the factory? Or is this happening to you even without trying to load autosaves/quicksaves? In which case refer to v1ld or people more versed in troubleshooting than I am.

Misery devs love to remind players that it's not their fault if autosaves, quicksaves, or saving anywhere near combat break the poo poo out of your game from the spawns and ramped up aggro detection beying to much for the engine to even handle. Complete with a pop up disclaimer with instructions to disable autosaves when you install the mod. So your problem could simply be Misery being Misery, if it's making GBS threads itself trying to load saves by one of the more creature loaded areas.
This all cropped up right after my smug post, naturally. Never had an issue like this before in a lot of years of stalker mods

What's extra weird is some of the bad saves can still be loaded but only if I load another older safe save first

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 1, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My main gripe with CoM is there are no doctors in the maps with stashes, and no stashes in the maps with doctors

Stashes and doctors are p important to the early game balance in misery and the medkits changes are a little extreme if you cant get healed back at rostok or whatever

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 1, 2017

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Beemo posted:

Anyone have experience with stalkersoup?

I decided to try it out after playing stalker to death and I just visited streloks stash and got the military documents. However, whilst in the underground the controller messed me up pretty bad and now I seem to have the PSI Icon permanently on my HUD and I'm in the zombie faction now? This wouldn't really be an issue but all factions seem to be aggressive to me (Loners & Mercs so far) which is pretty problematic as I'm trying to get to the bar.

I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix this, google hasn't really been helpful and I don't really feel like finding an old save.

You're probably friendly to monsters and monolith now. One time in some mod I got zombiefied right when it was time to go to pripyat and I walked all the way up to the npp and up to the control room almost completely unmolested

I think there may be a cure with the scientists or something though. It's been a while

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

i take 10 mags for my primary, 4 for my secondary, 5 scientific medkits, 10 bandages, and 10 antirads going into the red forest through the brain scorcher. i've played it this stupid amount that i have this poo poo memorized. worth being of note that it's enough supplies that you should be able to go in using that and scavenge gear enough to make it out without much issue. also being of very worthy note that after you're done with the brain scorcher and back at the red forest, as much as the game pushes that you need to reach pripyat ASAP,

I used to save all my 12 gauge darts for the slog back out from the underground after you turn off the brain scorcher. No vendor sells them in vanilla and many mods, but you get some as quest rewards. They take down monolith heavies quickly with shots to center mass, which is extremely handy in lab X-19 and the NPP and will keep you from wasting all your rifle ammo before you get to pripyat

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

you're still free to go back to any of the previous areas and do quests/stock up for the upcoming point of no return without any repercussions. just kinda hurts the pacing of the game admittedly!

There is/was a thing in SoC iirc where as soon as you disabled the brain scorcher the A-Life for every stalker in the zone would start pushing to pripyat, which meant that if you hosed around too long bandits and military pushing up from the south would wipe out rostok and make heading south kind of ridiculous

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 17, 2018

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fellis posted:

HOLY poo poo

3 years is a goddamn long time, but still hype

see you guys in 8 years for the game of the century

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

STALKER gives its players an almost-completely unique experience every time you play because the game is so unscripted.

well this is kind of the promise of STALKER but none of the past games can really deliver on it because after a few playthroughs you know where all the danger and treasure are and the zone is no longer a mystery to you, so you end up on a downward spiral of increasingly ridiculous hardcore mods until you're playing misery on dark mode just to feel something

this is why the stalker 2 of my dreams dumps you into a totally new procedurally generated zone at the start of every new game. it's a huge mess and half the time the story can't even be finished the way it spawns, because that's STALKER as gently caress

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 19, 2018

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

It did, but you had backup from Strelok and the other soldiers and it didn't seem like they threw that many Monolith at you compared to SoC, which just freaking dragged.

sounds like somebody left for red forest without enough bullets

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Helianthus Annuus posted:

lol, just lol if you are trying to finish SoC with anything other than a scoped nato ar

just lol if you can't finish the game with all the 5.45x39mm AP you can carry when you set off for the brain scorcher

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

What's the best vanilla+ SoC mod to recommend for a new player these days?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm playing dead air, crawling through the loving great swamp to get a 12kg box of dildos for sidorovich, nearly dead, thinking to myself that every mod in the misery school where a first aid kit that heals 1/3 of your health costs 2 months' pay should have a doctor somewhere on each map to just patch you up for money outside the "lol medkits are scarce, expensive, and BAD" game when I stumble into a trailer in the middle of nowhere and who's inside but Doctor, the Doctor, ready to patch me up for free. I guess the wish granter is real after all....

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Morter posted:

I don't know what the source is, but it magically started the bandit music in my head :allears:

it's pretty bandity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocW3fBqPQkU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmdG0jw1SRA

Shamelessly stealing from the Awful/Awesome Mods thread.

never would have thought this was what i needed in my life all along

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Somebody should really do a new OP. It hasn't been updated since 2013 and is all ancient history from before call of chernobyl

buglord posted:

Can’t help you there but my favorite thing about SGM are the alpha squads. In early game there’s like maybe 4 guys in kitted out late-game gear. Eventually they’ll start power creeping and you’ll see 12 of them around a campfire, with all sorts of ridiculously powerful firearms.

I remember luring packs of dogs onto them and picking off members one by one with a sniper rifle while chucking grenades to disperse them out of cover.

I remember saving up for a ridiculous anti-materiel rifle so I could finally deal with the alpha squads before heading off from jupiter to pripyat, and it was a disaster because they all still took 2 shots to the face and it was too loving slow to cycle. then the game broke in the tunnels and I never made it out. still, one of the more memorable CoP mods, largely due to the alpha squads. They were kind of like a mini boss roaming each map, always showing up at the wrong time, and they really forced me to keep my eyes on the horizon and scout ahead with binoculars to make sure I gave them a wide berth

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Temaukel posted:

So, how is ANOMALY legal? it's completely standalone yet it uses assets from all 3 games. Do the ukranian devs just not care?

I think it all started when gsc went out of business. Not long after, there was standalone Call of Chernobyl with cut content and custom binaries. My assumption was that the devs were the ones that liberated the source code in the first place and started the STALKER renaissance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I really wish there was more of a CoP/SoC vanilla+ experience in the new engine without all the Misery. I just wanna dive in and do my strelok RP and hit all the sights with the modern upgrades but I always just end up loving off without ever leaving the cordon because there's so much extra bullshit between you and a decent starter kit and so many extra steps to stay fed and repaired now and it's all a big headache to jump in after a few months away

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2019